Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] DmC: Devil May Cry

This table was created for the most recent Steam version. No AOB scan as of yet.

Cheat Engine Table
Download table

[Camera Control] (Page Down)

The free camera will only work when the game is paused!

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

Hold ALT for larger movements
Hold CTRL for smaller movements

Arrow keys = Rotate camera

Numpad +/- to adjust FOV (requires you to force it with the FOV command first - will fix later)

[ ] keys to tilt the camera

Hot-Swapping Resolutions (and other UE3 commands)
Locate the DmC config files in \Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\DevilGame\Config\.

Open Devilinput.ini and add custom binds under [Engine.PlayerInput]

Here is my hotkey setup:
[Engine.PlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="setres 2560x1440",Control=False)
Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="setres 7680x4320",Control=True)
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="setres 2560x1280",Control=False)
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="setres 8000x4000",Control=True)
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="setres 2560x1080",Control=False)
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="setres 8640x3645",Control=True)
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="setres 1080x1440",Control=False)
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="setres 4800x6400",Control=True)
Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="setres 1400x1400",Control=False)
Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="setres 5500x5500",Control=True)
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="Slomo 0.3", Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="Slomo 1.0", Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="Peace", Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="War", Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="ToggleNTHUD")
Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="Pause")
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="NTKillAll")
Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="playersonly"
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 10",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 20",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 30",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 40",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 50",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 60",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 80",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 90",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False))

The resolutions are designed to swap between my native resolution and downsampled resolutions for various aspect ratios.

F1 = native 16:9
Alt + F1 = dowsampled 16:9
... same for F3, F4, F5
F6 = Slow motion
F7 = Enemies Ignore you
F8 = Toggle Hud
F9 = Pauses the game (required for camera - alt-tabbing unpauses)
F10 = Kills all currently spawned enemies
F12 = PlayersOnly (pauses the game - stays frozen while alt-tabbing)
Control + Numpad 1-8 = Force FOV

In order for those resolutions to work, you need to have matching resolutions in your GeDoSaTo config file. For example:

#16:9
renderResolution [email protected]

#3:4

#2:1

#21:9

Comments

• edited December 2015
    I have a table for the latest version of the game right now. I just need to update the guide with all the new specifics. I will when I have time..... but I don't know when that will be.

This time around it will actually be camera coordinates unlike the weird hack I had last time. Only downside is that it requires the game to be paused.... which means you have to use the keyboard to rotate the camera. Basically the same as Spec Ops. The upside is that it works during cut scenes and you can tilt.

ReShade black screens with GeDoSaTO though. No depth buffer either.
  • Amazing! Thanks for all your hard work.
    I just installed it after having in on steam for half a year now and damn, have I been missing out. Game looks gorgeous. Ninja Theory FTW.

I don't know what's up with ReShade and UE3 games. I tried asking on the forum bu just got ignored by Crosire.
  • First post updated. Includes updated CE table as well as the setup for swapping between GeDoSaTo resolutions.
  • Nice! Who needs depth buffer when you have hotswap resolutions.
  • I've already played through this twice, so I'm probably not going to bother taking any more screenshots until ReShade works.
  • edited January 2015
    Just to reiterate, playersonly won't allow you to control the camera. For some reason the opcodes are still active. You need to use the UE3 pause, which I showed in my settings bound to F9.
  • Thanks for the new table and guide Jim. Tried this out last night and having access to the camera during cut scenes is pretty cool! It's too bad about no depth buffer access for ReShade though, I would have loved to play with DoF with this.

I might try to see if I can figure out how to force this, and post processing, with the UE3 commands. it would be nice to be able to control some of the screen effects / overlays in some scenes.
  • edited May 2016
    Thought I'd cross post this to keep it in the proper thread.

Here's the merged new (still rough) table with DoF and tonemap settings (right-click link -> select "save link as"). Keybinds have now been added but these can be changed to whatever you like.

You will need to add the following binding to your ini file and toggle "bUseWorldSettings" before enabling the DOF script with the [Delete] key.
    Bindings=(Name="Four",Command="set DOFEffect bUseWorldSettings false",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Four",Command="set DOFEffect bUseWorldSettings true",Alt=True)
  • edited August 2015
    One3rd said:

Thought I'd cross post this to keep it in the proper thread.

Here's the merged new (still rough) table with DoF and tonemap settings (right-click link -> select "save link as"). Keybinds have now been added but these can be changed to whatever you like.

You will need to add the following binding to your ini file and toggle "bUseWorldSettings" before enabling the DOF script with the [Delete] key.

Bindings=(Name="Four",Command="set DOFEffect bUseWorldSettings false",Alt=False)
    Please how control the DOF and Bloom? I know them only turn on but do not know how to return the settings to their original values

• edited August 2015
    That is the problem...flipping the switch for manual DOF control also returns all of the bloom and tonemap settings to their default values as well. You will need to tweak these settings to get the image back to what the level was using before we took control. I think I put the default values for each DOF value in the table so at least you can get back to a starting point if need be. Unfortunately each level in DmC has vastly different tonemap settings so trying to get the original coloration can be a bit of trial and error.

Setting the DOF is fairly straight forward in this game though. I usually start by reducing the DOF Focus Inner Range to something I can easily see (like 100). Then set the focus distance on where I want the focus point and increase the inner radius as needed. The FallOffExponent can be reduced to define a sharper transition to near and far DOF.

You'll need to experiment a bit with the various values.

If I've read this wrong and you actually meant how to disable manual DOF and get the original game settings back just press "ALT" + "Four" to disable manual DOF.

I have also noticed that the table may be pointing to the wrong base DOF address location until after you enable manual DOF with the keybind. Something to keep in mind before you start changing values.

• One3rd said:

That is the problem...flipping the switch for manual DOF control also returns all of the bloom and tonemap settings to their default values as well. You will need to tweak these settings to get the image back to what the level was using before we took control. I think I put the default values for each DOF value in the table so at least you can get back to a starting point if need be. Unfortunately each level in DmC has vastly different tonemap settings so trying to get the original coloration can be a bit of trial and error.

Setting the DOF is fairly straight forward in this game though. I usually start by reducing the DOF Focus Inner Range to something I can easily see (like 100). Then set the focus distance on where I want the focus point and increase the inner radius as needed. The FallOffExponent can be reduced to define a sharper transition to near and far DOF.

You'll need to experiment a bit with the various values.

If I've read this wrong and you actually meant how to disable manual DOF and get the original game settings back just press "ALT" + "Four" to disable manual DOF.

I have also noticed that the table may be pointing to the wrong base DOF address location until after you enable manual DOF with the keybind. Something to keep in mind before you start changing values.

thanks for answer
  • Hello!
    First of all, I'd love to thank you guys for this CT. DmC is one of my favorite games and I was really hoping for a free camera which could work in cutscenes as well and functional DOF.

Now, I know this thread is quite old and thus I don't know if anybody will answer, but I have an issue with the FOV and I can't really figure it out. I had to reinstall the game due to a problem (Steam copy) and I can tell the + and - for manual FOV worked perfectly. However now for some reason it's not working anymore... even if I force it in Cheat Engine nothing happens. I was wondering if I need to add something specific to the configuration file?
  • If your using my table with the pause camera then you will likely need to force FOV with a UE3 keybind before being able to control it through the table. The previous dropbox link likely doesn't work, I've rehosted it on google.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Ad-GMKCuiNRHVuSzhSb2hmVVE
  • edited May 2016
    One3rd said:

If your using my table with the pause camera then you will likely need to force FOV with a UE3 keybind before being able to control it through the table. The previous dropbox link likely doesn't work, I've rehosted it on google.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Ad-GMKCuiNRHVuSzhSb2hmVVE

Thank you very much! Yeah I thought it might be the case... but which keybind do I need to put in the ini file? I tried those written in the first post and another found in a different page but none of them worked. I was using your CT indeed, though I think I've got the testing version. I suppose I had the correct settings in the configuration before uninstalling, the cheats related to pause, gameplay and DOF work perfectly, but now the FOV is literally stuck. If that helps (just to add some more informations about the tools I'm using) I also have GeDoSaTo in the background for the higher resolutions.
  • These are the binds I had in my DevilInput.ini file appended to the [Engine.PlayerInput] section. Just tested with the table and after pressing numpadseven I'm able to controller the FOV with - and + keys.

Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="setres 1920x1080",Control=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="setres 7680x4320",Control=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="setres 3600x4800",Control=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="setres 5250x7000",Control=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="setres 3200x3200",Control=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="setres 6600x6600",Control=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="setres 3840x1620",Control=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="setres 9600x4050",Control=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="Slomo 0.3",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="Slomo 1.0",Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="Peace",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="War",Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="Pause",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="ToggleNTHUD",Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="playersonly",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="NTKillAll",Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="SetInfiniteTriggerPoints",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="UnlockAllMissions | GiveAllKeys |UnlockAllAttacks | UnlockAllUpgrades",Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 40",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 80",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)