Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Comments

• Hi, can you make this for REVELATIONS too? please make it. thanks anyway.
  • I'm going to be writing the forum posting rules to go alongside the shot ones. Think I might make begging something only permitted via PM - and I'm probably guilty of it, too.
  • edited June 2014
    Time to temp-ban Duncan. Make a huge Rules section at the top. Right next to the username. Or next to sign-out. Please?
  • Good idea. I might also have to start banning people who make incremental changes to their already creepy avatars for reasons known only to themselves.
  • I attempted Revelations but I quickly became uninterested when I couldn't figure out a hotsampling solution. Windowed mode seems impossible for that game.
  • I attempted Revelations but I quickly became uninterested when I couldn't figure out a hotsampling solution. Windowed mode seems impossible for that game.

that game is not so pretty to begin with
  • edited June 2014
    I'll be honest....Using Cheat Engine is new to me...but I have been a professional in the video game industry for 14 years so I can pretty much figure out a lot of issue I have with video games in general....BUT....I have a quick question, what would cause the "Time of Day Control" to just stop working?
    It worked fine 10 minutes before I wrote this post but now it's not. The only thing that I did was close down Cheat Engine and AC4 to check emails....Thanks from "Not a Noob" in real life...
  • Nothing would make it stop working. At least it's never stopped working for me. So when you open AC4 and attach the table to it, the time of day script doesn't work at all anymore?
  • Exactly. Not only that, but it also started crashing; only when I tried to enable 'Time of Day'. Everything else works great! Yet for some reason....that time of day is killing my fun.
  • edited July 2014

I attempted Revelations but I quickly became uninterested when I couldn't figure out a hotsampling solution. Windowed mode seems impossible for that game.

I don't suppose you ever checked out if the simpler free cam options could work with Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood? Googling around for solutions for AC II, I came across a rather extensive mod that I don't think was ever released - though I'm not sure that's even using Cheat Engine. But even then, shots covering more than half a block of the city would probably be out of the question given how bad the LOD is. The game could honestly look amazing if that wasn't an issue.

Also, first post here; never bothered before because I felt my stuff looked incredibly lazy compared to everything in here, but I thought I might as well register so I can ask dumb questions.
  • edited July 2014
    While it would be possible to do in any Assassin's Creed game, what you see is what I got. I can only really be motivated to create these for games I'm about to play through. With the exception of AC3. That was just my own curiosity. I'll never play through that one...
  • edited July 2014
    Fair enough. I guess I'll have to stalk the guy who was working on the machinima tool.
    Did you ever release the AC1 cheat table? I thought I saw a couple shots of that at over GAF at one point.

This comes up when I start up the AC4BFSP with Cheat Engine. Could this be the reason that my 'Time of Day' doesn't work anymore?
  • edited July 2014
    I just downloaded this darn game again (32GB) to test it. Worked fine. Dunno what to tell ya.

• edited July 2014
    Interesting for sure. You know, I did start a new game to see if it was perhaps my savegame that was the issue, turns out that it works on a new game....but as I play through the game the Time of Day function stops working. This doesn't happen on my legit AC4 Steam version but on an other "install" I use for fun...Maybe it's becasue I have a legit version and a non=legit one? ...Before you ask...I have the non-legit version so I can have a 100% save game...A girl has to be able to travel to where she wants to go in order to take cool screenshots right? ;)