Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resident Evil 7

Anyone managed to create free cam or time stop etc for this?

Comments

• I wonder how a free camera would be for this game, every couple of meters the game loads in the nearby rooms and such though it would at least give better camera control in the area the player currently is in when looking at objects and the time stop feature would be handy too for up close of certain creatures and the primary family members of the game.
    (Especially for cutscenes.)

Free cam would also make it easier to hide the players hand rather than usually having some gun or melee weapon taking up some viewing area in the corner part of the screen.
  • if you want to hide the hands just leave one weapon slot empty then choose it , no more hands :p
  • edited February 3
    https://twitter.com/Hattiwatt1
    https://twitter.com/Hattiwatt1/status/827278780267761664

Looks like HattiWatt1 released his work on a camera utility for the game. :)
  • edited February 3
    Exxxxxcellent.

I know what I'm doing at the weekend! ;)

Thank you Hattiwatti, much appreciate the camera work you do! :)
  • I can't get the Hattiwatt1 camera tools to work. It says injection sucessful and brings up the console and everything but "insert" does not do anything in game. I have all the frameworks installed and both the re7.exe and injector exe launch with admin privileges. Any suggestions?
  • edited February 4
    darkdeus said:

I can't get the Hattiwatt1 camera tools to work. It says injection sucessful and brings up the console and everything but "insert" does not do anything in game. I have all the frameworks installed and both the re7.exe and injector exe launch with admin privileges. Any suggestions?

Do you need to install Hatti's RE7 cheat engine detection mod file first for it to work?

https://twitter.com/Hattiwatt1/status/826881357364224000

• Yea I had used Fileunsigner to disable the cheatengine protection and CE works fine so I'm not sure what I can't the camera mod to work. I'll try his file too though. Thanks!
  • I wonder what game version Hatti has been using to create the cam tool, I'm not sure if steam has issued any updates since the game was released that may of broken the tool.

Hatti, we know you're out there :) Any ideas?
  • Got Hatti's camera tool working.

It seems to only work in Windowed mode.

The other cam tools Ive used by Hatti before in other games have worked in fullscreen and allows for input for the cam tool and the game at the same time. For some reason RE7 only works with one at a time, or thats what Ive discovered any way.

This worked for me...

Load the game up and change it to Windowed mode, alt-tab and load the RE7 CE tool file by Hatti as Administrator and then load the cam tool as Administrator also. You now have to select/click on the window for either the game or the cam tool depending on which one you want to use. So, load up a save game and alt-tab to the cam tool window so it is highlighted/selected. Press insert and the cam should enable. If you now select the game window, the cam will stop responding to your control. You have to keep the cam tool window selected. As for screenshotting I guess you'll have to compose your shot and then alt-tab back to the game window and change it to fullscreen before capturing the shot. Then vice versa to control the camera again. Its a bit fiddly but easy enough once you get used to it. All the other controls work fine too, eg, FOV and timestop etc.

Thank you Hattwatti! :)
  • edited February 20
    I canĀ“t get the cam tool to work, with the CE thing... it says that it couldnt find or suspend the thread... i tried with windowed mode and nothing, i have that cam tool window highlighted and everything (i have the latest version of exetreme injector) i ran everything as administrator... i tried everything, and nothing happened... if someone could help me that would be amazing, i really want this to work. Thanks
  • edited February 20
    Cheat Engine is detected by Resident Evil 7 if you don't delete the exe signature first, I'm not too sure on how that all works but the game has some detection code for Cheat-Engine and will block it unless this particular bit is modified. :)

That and Capcom also update the game every now and again which has a chance to break existing tools until those can be updated for the new version of the game, latest game update was four days ago and Capcom didn't even post a changelog though since that same update also added achievement support for the DLC data it's possible the update was primarily intended for DLC compatibility and not bug fixes.

EDIT: Seems there's some injector to bypass said check but it's possible that too won't work with the new patch for the game.
    http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=602679&start=150
    (Without having to adjust the Cheat Engine exe itself although if I understood correctly there are utilities that handle stripping out signature data as well so you don't have to compile the entire CE source code yourself.)

EDIT: Unsigned Cheat Engine 6.6 exe :)
    http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5716265#5716265
  • Hattiwatti 's tools work very well with version 1.0. But only in windowed mode. Who knows how to reset the camera? It's always stay in the last place where I made a shot.