Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Guide] Hitman 2016

124»

Comments

• Done :) Had to fix a bug in the camera anyway (I had copied 1 wrong opcode, so the boats in Bangkok were missing. Now fixed). v1.0.2 is what gives you inverted Y as well: press ALT+up arrow to toggle it (when camera is found). It now also statically links the vc runtime so if people don't have that on their system it will still work. https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hitman2016
  • OtisInf said:

Done :) Had to fix a bug in the camera anyway (I had copied 1 wrong opcode, so the boats in Bangkok were missing. Now fixed). v1.0.2 is what gives you inverted Y as well: press ALT+up arrow to toggle it (when camera is found). It now also statically links the vc runtime so if people don't have that on their system it will still work. https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hitman2016

Nice, I'll try this out...although I was hoping for floating boats when I got to the Bangkok level. I'm sure that was a thing when I last visited Thailand!
    OtisInf said:

The menu camera isn't needed :) If you store 0.000001 in the gamespeed, everything does stop, including snow, rain etc, fov works and I can't manipulate the character anymore.

Does this stop the "corkscrew" effect when aiming and toggling timestop for you? I tried this last night and still have that occurring.
  • One3rd said:

OtisInf said:

Done :) Had to fix a bug in the camera anyway (I had copied 1 wrong opcode, so the boats in Bangkok were missing. Now fixed). v1.0.2 is what gives you inverted Y as well: press ALT+up arrow to toggle it (when camera is found). It now also statically links the vc runtime so if people don't have that on their system it will still work. https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hitman2016

Nice, I'll try this out...although I was hoping for floating boats when I got to the Bangkok level. I'm sure that was a thing when I last visited Thailand!
    haha :)
    OtisInf said:

The menu camera isn't needed :) If you store 0.000001 in the gamespeed, everything does stop, including snow, rain etc, fov works and I can't manipulate the character anymore.

Does this stop the "corkscrew" effect when aiming and toggling timestop for you? I tried this last night and still have that occurring.

No it doesn't stop that, sadly enough. It seems it's tied to the direction of the camera. Rotating with keyboard has the same effect. They apparently use the look vector for positioning the gun :( I thought about intercepting the XInput calls from the game if the camera is active but that won't help as rotating the camera with the keyboard has the same effect :( The only way to fix it is to intercept the reads in the routine which controls the direction of the gun, but that's very hard to find (as there are 20+ reads from the vector alone, and determining what each does is ... hard :).
  • Oh, I thought that menu pause address I found fixed that. Although, I wasn't really able to "rotate" the camera correctly as I was manipulating the addresses individually with CE keybinds.

See below, looks like rotation is working when using that menu pause with camera coords I added to the table. The image is stretched but that is due to changing each address manually and not calculating the vectors. This was when aiming and you can see the the gun is not pointing in the same direction as the mouse.
  • edited December 2016
    True, those addresses fixed that, but there's no FoV control (and I couldn't find an alternative fov as well :( ). So you have timestop, camera move but if you then need to control the fov (and that's in my experience almost always) that won't work. I had them in the tools earlier but as there was no fov I removed them. I still have them in the commit history so I can get it back but is there really a use for it in practice? You have to setup the FoV beforehand, go in and setup the shot, if fov is off, you have to re-do it all over again.

(edit) just thought about it: there might be a trick to force fov by resizing the window. Fov is part of the projection matrix applied to the screen, and as you can zoom in the game, it's reapplied once a frame by the engine and if they don't have to, it's not re-applied at all (like when the menu is up). Resizing the window will force the engine to reapply the projection matrix and thus the fov. It's still cumbersome though: you have to blindly change the fov, resize the screen and hope the value is correct, if not, rinse-repeat. Will see if that works later today.
  • edited December 2016
    I'll also take a stab at finding that FOV as well.

edit: that axis toggle works well!
  • One3rd said:

I'll also take a stab at finding that FOV as well.

edit: that axis toggle works well!

:) Good :)

I've re-added your coords, as an alternative Timestop. There's no FoV change, but you can indeed trick it: switch to an alternative resolution, and the fov is applied. This is a bit arcane, but works OK.

I'll add a separate key for this (numpad .). An additional problem with this timestop is that mirrors don't work. SSRs do work. So it's an alternative for shots like the one above :)
  • Get the new build v1.0.3: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hitman2016 It contains an alternative timestop. There are now two timestops. One doesn't interfere with the other, so pick your poison. Using the alt does stop FoV changes and messes with mirrors.
  • Awesome work!
  • It appears a game update broke the tools :(
  • Pickler said:

It appears a game update broke the tools :(

Sigh... On it.
  • Fixed: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hitman2016

I did find the alternative timestop again (it was moved a couple of addresses, so it was easy to spot) but I didn't find the alternative camera. I did find a lot of duplicate cameras, but they all didn't do anything when moved. So in this release the alternative timestop has been removed (disabled, if the camera is found again, I'll re-enable it).
  • New camera, v1.0.5. Reliable input blocking and additionally a freeze aim feature so you can create the shots which seem impossible ;) https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/releases/tag/Hitman2016_v105