Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to: Custom Aspect Ratios and Resolutions via DSR (Nvidia only)

2»

Comments

• Jim, thanks a lot for this tutorial! It`s really quite simple and works excellent
  • edited December 2016
    I need help.

First of all, thanks a lot for this tutorial.

Things worked at my first trial. But then I used CRU to remove 75hz from my monitor. No my screen is flashing every few minutes and alt tabbing my games.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like CRU bitches with my PC if I change anything usibg CRU. I resetted all the changes in CRU and everythings back to normal. But 75hz is now back again.

So, anyone tried setting a dsr resolution lower than native res with 0% blur filter? I suppose that will remove the blur filters when upscalling low resolutions in lcd monitors. I will give it a try soon.

Edit 2: Okay, DO NOT try to upscale using DSR.

I tried to upscale 720x450 to 1440x900 using DSR, and guess what, my GPU cant read my monitor anymore. I am getting a black screen right after the boot menu. Only way to fix this is by deleti g the registry files related to monitor and DSR.

Luckily my monitor has DVI and VGA ports. So I just connected my monitor using VGA cable (Was using DVI cable before that) and my GPU detected it as new monitor. Resetting all the changes using CRU and deleting the DSR registry fixed the problems and I was again, able to connect usibg DVI cable.

So use only resolutions that is higher than your native resolution. For example, if your native res is 1440x900, don't use a horizontal width less than 1440 and vertical width of 900 pixels.
  • Just came here to thank you, I wanted something like this for so long.
  • This site can’t be reached

www.jim2point0.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I cant access the DSR Calculator anymore :/
  • edited May 18
    SAMI said:

This site can’t be reached

www.jim2point0.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I cant access the DSR Calculator anymore :/

https://web.archive.org/web/20161023054342/http://www.jim2point0.com/tools/dsr_hex/

• Pickler said:
    Yup, looks like Jim's webpage is down. The web archive site seems to work well as a backup. Nice find!
  • edited May 19
    The cost to keep this server up is just too much. I need to find a cheaper solution and just move my site over I guess....

Tonight I'll upload a zip so you can at least run it locally.
  • For now, here's a zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5GvHRzSYX08TVh0NUR1S2pMREE

Extract that to a folder and open index.html in chrome or firefox.
  • thx a lot jim. absolut cool und helpful guide
  • Nobody appears to be doing what I'm trying to do, but I'm curious if its possible. I play H1Z1 and I'm attempting play on a lower resolution (1024x768) while maintaining visual acuity. So the goal would be to use DSR on 1024x768 on a 1920x1080 native res monitor. Would it be possible? Thanks in advance guys.
  • KandiVan said:

Nobody appears to be doing what I'm trying to do, but I'm curious if its possible. I play H1Z1 and I'm attempting play on a lower resolution (1024x768) while maintaining visual acuity. So the goal would be to use DSR on 1024x768 on a 1920x1080 native res monitor. Would it be possible? Thanks in advance guys.

1. Are you trying to Upscale 1024x769 to 1920x1080p monitor by using custom DSR? or,

2. Are you trying to downsample DSR resolutions to 1024x768 on a 1920x1080p monitor and then upscale that 760p?

If it's 1, then don't try. Just don't. Trying to upscale a custom DSR resolution will cause a black screen and you will need another monitor to get the screen back and then delete the registry value to bring the screen back on the screwed up monitor.

And if its 2, then I don't know. I haven't tried it yet. If I ever try, I'll let you know.
  • edited October 11
    chance to resolution normal without dsr