Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mafia 3

edited October 2016 in Game Discussion
Does any buddy have any good ideas for unlocking the camera in Mafia 3?

Comments

• Does any buddy have any good ideas for unlocking the camera in Mafia 3?

I've seen some mods for Mafia 3 : Hide HUD and NOclip but the "noclip" let show the character.... So i'm waiting for a "real" free cam, I hope it will be released soon... :D
  • edited October 2016
    Might be usable together with hiding the player character, not perfect without the ability to also pause the game (While retaining movement of at least the camera.) but together with noclip it would emulate a free-cam functionality although don't have a weapon or similar out or it'll be floating where your character would be. :)

https://mafiamods.com/mods/mafia-3-scripthook/ <- Script hook, works with the recent patch and as of 1.1 also allows for hot-key combinations.<br />https://mafiamods.com/mods/toggle-hud/ <- Hud toggle, uses "k" by default, I tested "f2" and "F2" but it didn't work though most letter and number keys probably will if you'd want to rebind it.<br />
    "game.game:GetActivePlayer():ShowModel(true)" That's the function to hide the player model (When set to false), I have not tested this myself yet but I think it could also be made to a toggle via hotkey, unfortunately the game is very unstable on certain systems (Like mine.) to where it will silently crash every couple of minutes so I haven't done much with the lua functionality until that stabilizes, yesterdays patch made it work a bit longer but it still randomly exits out / silently crashes so for now I'm waiting on either improvements via a future patch or updated display driver before continuing further. :)

EDIT: ?
    ? That should have been a break there, might be a browser bug on my end though but if not I guess this text will look a bit messed up.
    EDIT: Oh when I tested it in the above edit the "BR" tag suddenly worked again? Ha. :D
  • Might be usable together with hiding the player character, not perfect without the ability to also pause the game (While retaining movement of at least the camera.) but together with noclip it would emulate a free-cam functionality although don't have a weapon or similar out or it'll be floating where your character would be. :)

https://mafiamods.com/mods/mafia-3-scripthook/ <- Script hook, works with the recent patch and as of 1.1 also allows for hot-key combinations.<br />https://mafiamods.com/mods/toggle-hud/ <- Hud toggle, uses "k" by default, I tested "f2" and "F2" but it didn't work though most letter and number keys probably will if you'd want to rebind it.<br />
    "game.game:GetActivePlayer():ShowModel(true)" That's the function to hide the player model (When set to false), I have not tested this myself yet but I think it could also be made to a toggle via hotkey, unfortunately the game is very unstable on certain systems (Like mine.) to where it will silently crash every couple of minutes so I haven't done much with the lua functionality until that stabilizes, yesterdays patch made it work a bit longer but it still randomly exits out / silently crashes so for now I'm waiting on either improvements via a future patch or updated display driver before continuing further. :)

EDIT: ?
    ? That should have been a break there, might be a browser bug on my end though but if not I guess this text will look a bit messed up.
    EDIT: Oh when I tested it in the above edit the "BR" tag suddenly worked again? Ha. :D

I prefere wait for a "real free cam" it's too boring like this lol

• edited October 2016
    Ha ha well yes it's far more straightforward with a Cheat-Engine script or one of those camera tool utilities after all than messing with game scripts. :)

Sadly not every game has a dedicated photo mode or debug console (Without restrictions.) so third party tools are required, I've tested adjusting camera values and similar in Cheat-Engine but I'm still very much a novice with how it all works.

Also speaking of that Cheat-Engine 6.6 came out a few days ago with some nice improvements, going by their forums there's already tables using some of these new functions and requiring that version of the program though well it's less often used for manipulating the UI or camera and more for health and ammo.

[small rant.]
    Sometimes with drastic consequences unfortunately as people take advantage of or exploit or how you'd say, one of the more extreme examples would probably be Dark Souls 3 as the code there seems to be pretty open and thus by now has allowed for things like almost full remote manipulation of much of another players character or even actual profile resulting in anything from being banned via a server check for having incorrect stats or items to having your character or profile corrupted or otherwise damaged though it's rare it ever gets that bad in games thankfully.
    (Or just developers re-using similar code, there were hacks for Battlefield 1 and it's MP mode just some hours after it's public alpha and beta tests and now also for the trial period and thus full release on the 18th for early-access users and 21st for general release.)
    [end of small rant.]

But that's nothing to do with Mafia 3 here.
    (And usually it's not often via actual .CT script files either but more about premium trainers due to the demand for it and how profitable this has turned out to be in recent years.)

Anyways perhaps once the lua script injector develops further it will allow for more and more complex lua or even dll scripts, Mafia 2 had a pretty varied amount of mods for example or GTA V to use another game with a lua script injector utility.
    (Might be a bit of work though if the script system allows for it at all, can't be all that easy just to change camera movement I'd imagine unless it could be called to a already existing in-game command or how to say.)

EDIT: Or perhaps co-operate with Nvidia and Ansel support, that's definitively a very handy feature (Well I use a AMD GPU currently myself but I still find it impressive.) unfortunately it does need a game implementation and can't be entirely driver-side.
  • So the no clip mod is out (https://mafiamods.com/mods/noclip/) but its super janky and I quote "Known bugs: Lincoln keeps falling, so you must hold noclip keys. If you hold noclip keys long, your game may crash."

yeah it would be super nice even if steam would build in some kind of basic photo mode like Ansel, so it wasnt graphics card dependent. Just give me a free camera and Im a happy man.
  • Steam can't just put a basic photo mode in every game. For the same reason it's taking Nvidia so long to put Ansel in like... 4 games now? You have to do it on a per-game basis, and it's up to the developers of they want to include it at all.

I'd probably look into a basic free camera for the game but I don't own it and I don't plan to. I'm not really a Mafia guy.
  • There's a pretty good story to the game (Well for a modern game at least with how sensitive certain subjects are to certain groups and all that stuff.) but it's buried in padding and such to make the game longer since the previous Mafia game was mainly just the storyline.
    (It's not quite Ubisoft style open world either though but things do get a bit repetitive later on from what I've heard.)

Rushed development has also lead to various bugs and one of the worst optimized PC releases in 2016 for how the game looks vs how it performs which is unfortunate but sadly not too uncommon.
    (It's not really that bad looking but the temporal AA blurriness really gets in the way and much of the world/environment texture detail is a bit low-res and on top of that is a fairly aggressive lod system, curiously in a comparison against consoles it seems those run at settings even below the lowest levels the PC version provides but those versions don't exactly run all that great either nor are they very stable which really hints at a rushed development.)

Developers have promised to keep working on the game and even pre-launch there were plans to provide regular free content updates in addition to the two major DLC packs but we'll just have to see how that works out I guess, hopefully they can stabilize the game and sort out the worst bugs but it probably hinges a lot on 2K as their publisher and if they want to spend the resources on extensive post-release support. (And probably how active the developers are, it's not all just about the publisher.)
  • edited October 2016
    hello i'm new user my name is jessica patel.MAFIA 3 is my favourite game.

regards
    jessica patel
    and also provide
    prodissertation.co.uk