Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doom 2016 / Doom 4

Surprised to find no thread about this game.

I see some screengrabbing community mods are beginning to surface such as HattiWatti's camera tool: https://t.co/LSMod7yzLo
(I hope he/she does not mind me posting that link)

Any other mods/tools people are using?

Comments

• Duncan made a table. It has FOV + aspect ratio fix for potraits, timestop, and depth of field control. Should be used with Hatti's camera tool and SRWE for best results :P

I think there hasn't been much discussion here because the game isn't amazing for screenshots. Everyone's basically doing close-ups of monsters + depth of field. The levels themselves don't make for amazing screenshots.
  • I hope there will be an update for the CamTool !
  • There already is.
  • Duncan made a table. It has FOV + aspect ratio fix for potraits, timestop, and depth of field control. Should be used with Hatti's camera tool and SRWE for best results :P

I think there hasn't been much discussion here because the game isn't amazing for screenshots. Everyone's basically doing close-ups of monsters + depth of field. The levels themselves don't make for amazing screenshots.

#

Thanks for info jim2point0, much appreciated! :)

I guess the small update a couple days back broke the camtool but its awesome to see Hatti has updated it already! :)

I made a vid if anyones interested - image

• The in-game photo mode seems to leave a lot to be desired. Is there a version of HattiWatti's camera tool that works with the current build of Doom? It seems to crash when trying to enable the camera after injection.
  • Hatti's tool does work with the latest version of this game which I just tested, the roll keys (arrows) interfere with in-game photo mode keybindings though which is a minor annoyance.
  • edited August 2016
    Is this the one from the cinetools site? I think I tried that one but I'll try it again and see if it works for me.

http://cinetools.xyz/games/

edit: Jesus! Game needs a 12GB update for some multiplayer maps. Might have to wait until my data usage rolls over before testing.
  • edited August 2016
    TBH I'm not that big into the MP aspect of this game, Warpath is fun but other modes feel so... generic. Unreal Tournament (UT4) is still a better choice if I want some old school action, of course it's just me though.=P

Yeah I'm using the one on Cinetools dated 2016/05/30, before that I used an older build which gave me errors too. Now it's fully compatible with in-game photo mode, you can enable free cam first then photo mode and vice versa (I use photo mode as timestop since the timestop from DET's table seems busted in current version), the cine tool free cam will disable photo mode free-cam movement, though.

The only annoyance is that photo mode uses left/right arrow keys to adjust some values but those are the same keys controlling directions in cinetools, so you'll end up with some wierd color/FOV after fine-tuning the camera, however you can always use mouse click to adjust them back.
  • Personally I think the game is amazing for screenshots. Here is something I've been working on, a set of themed environmental shots from the Vega Processing level.

• jeremynsl said:

Here is something I've been working on, a set of themed environmental shots from the Vega Processing level.

I needed some good sci-fi art in my life. Those were awesome.

Some are overly stretched with a high FOV but others it fits perfectly, like 0:58. Great dynamics, especially 2:06. And sci-fi hallways don't get much more spectacular than 2:43.

Really nice. Could you upload the stills anywhere?
  • edited October 2016
    Meep said:

jeremynsl said:

Here is something I've been working on, a set of themed environmental shots from the Vega Processing level.

I needed some good sci-fi art in my life. Those were awesome.

Some are overly stretched with a high FOV but others it fits perfectly, like 0:58. Great dynamics, especially 2:06. And sci-fi hallways don't get much more spectacular than 2:43.

Really nice. Could you upload the stills anywhere?
    Hey thanks for checking it out! Really glad you liked it... :D Here is the imgur album with 4k photos:
    http://imgur.com/a/lC1bH

I do try and avoid getting too crazy with FOV but with these fairly tight indoor spaces I found myself usually working to the higher end of the spectrum. Of course, this is true of real-life architectural photography as well. One interesting quirk I found is that if you use a controller for photo mode (I do, it is smoother to get oriented properly than a mouse+WASD) and use the L/R triggers to control FOV you only get 130 degrees max. If you manually go into FOV and adjust it you can go all the way to an insane 150.

Gotta say my breath was completely taken away by 2:43 when I saw it in-game too. That isn't any creative angle I found, just directly in the central route of the level. Absolutely amazing art design by id.
  • edited September 2016
    jeremynsl said:

Here is the imgur album with 4k photos:

Sweet stuff. Thanks! Out of curiosity what inspired you to do something like this?
    You mentioned real-life architectural photography, maybe you do/admire something like that.
    I always find it interesting how many people who get into this are real life photographers or have an interest in certain features and then tend to work that same style into their screenshots.
  • edited October 2016
    Meep said:

jeremynsl said:

Here is the imgur album with 4k photos:

Sweet stuff. Thanks! Out of curiosity what inspired you to do something like this?
    You mentioned real-life architectural photography, maybe you do/admire something like that.
    I always find it interesting how many people who get into this are real life photographers or have an interest in certain features and then tend to work that same style into their screenshots.
    You're welcome! Yes, I am a semi-pro photographer. I have only dabbled in architectural photography though, since I live in a fairly small city with not too much to photograph in that genre. It has always interested me though.

Screenshot art has always been something I've admired but has always seemed very 'hacky', with cheats and injectors etc. required. With the increasing prevalence of actual official photo modes (such as DOOMs) I can definitely see getting more into this in the future.

As a final note on my inspiration: I found many of the existing art using DOOM photo mode somewhat like 'crime scene photography'. Lots of blood and gore. That doesn't really interest me - it's one thing to see a fleeting moment in-game, but concentrating on it with photography somehow doesn't feel right. What I did find really intriguing is the contrast between the clean, sci-fi architecture of the Vega level with splashes of blood here and there... So that was one of the core ideas behind the shots.
  • jeremynsl said:

Personally I think the game is amazing for screenshots. Here is something I've been working on, a set of themed environmental shots from the Vega Processing level.

That was very cool, thanks for sharing it here! I don't normally like extremely high FOV but in those environments you make it work very well.
  • edited October 2016
    One3rd said:

jeremynsl said:

Personally I think the game is amazing for screenshots. Here is something I've been working on, a set of themed environmental shots from the Vega Processing level.

That was very cool, thanks for sharing it here! I don't normally like extremely high FOV but in those environments you make it work very well.
    Hey, I really appreciate it - thanks!

I've been working on similar something for the Foundry level but I'm pretty short on time the last few weeks so it could take awhile.