Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Rise of the Tomb Raider

124»

Comments

  • edited August 2016
    @alanslade: You need to use ReShade for that, download at http://reshade.me/;
    Extract to game directory, disable in-game DoF, then go to ReShade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg and adjust the following values:
    #define DOF_AUTOFOCUS
    #define DOF_FOCUSPOINT
    #define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE
    #define DOF_FARBLURCURVE
    #define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH
    Also don't forget to set #define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD to 1, you'll need to launch the game in fullscreen mode, otherwise the ReShade DoF won't work properly.
    If you're not familiar with ReShade, there is a large community and extensive tutorials on how to use it.
  • edited August 2016

    @alanslade: You need to use ReShade for that, download at http://reshade.me/;
    Extract to game directory, disable in-game DoF, then go to ReShade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg and adjust the following values:
    #define DOF_AUTOFOCUS
    #define DOF_FOCUSPOINT
    #define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE
    #define DOF_FARBLURCURVE
    #define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH
    Also don't forget to set #define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD to 1, you'll need to launch the game in fullscreen mode, otherwise the ReShade DoF won't work properly.
    If you're not familiar with ReShade, there is a large community and extensive tutorials on how to use it.

    Thank you so much for the quick answer. I already downloaded Enhanced Graphics v1.2, and followed the installation guide, but I don't know if it worked or not.
    How can I enable McFX too?
    Thanks in advance
  • Yep, you can do it in ReShade 1.1 too, the path is a bit different: ReShade\McFX.cfg, but all the said parameters are there.
    If you're not sure whether it's working or not, you can always bind a separate key to toggle DoF, for example:
    #define DOF_ToggleKey VK_F11
    When in game press F11 to toggle the DoF on/off.
  • Yep, you can do it in ReShade 1.1 too, the path is a bit different: ReShade\McFX.cfg, but all the said parameters are there.
    If you're not sure whether it's working or not, you can always bind a separate key to toggle DoF, for example:
    #define DOF_ToggleKey VK_F11
    When in game press F11 to toggle the DoF on/off.

    Thank you so much. I'll give it a try :)
  • Sadly I encountered an error, as you can see in this screenshot.
    Is it a common error?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-08-31 17.01.20.png
  • Compiling errors are usually result of wrong configuration (e.g syntax), sadly there are too many variables that might cause this.
    My suggestion is asking on the ReShade forum: http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting
    Post the error text from your dxgi.log there, hopefully someone will come up and figure out what's wrong.
  • edited September 2016

    Compiling errors are usually result of wrong configuration (e.g syntax), sadly there are too many variables that might cause this.
    My suggestion is asking on the ReShade forum: http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting
    Post the error text from your dxgi.log there, hopefully someone will come up and figure out what's wrong.

    I finally managed to make it work by deleting and installing the framework again, thanks.

    I have one last question, please. In Mcfx.cfg I set #define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD to 1, but when I launch the game, Lara is completely out of focus, as you can see in this screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-09-03 18.43.03.png
    The AUTOFOCUS value is set to 1, but Lara is in focus only with certain camera angles. Is there a way to choose the point of focus? Thanks in advance
  • AlanSlade said:

    Compiling errors are usually result of wrong configuration (e.g syntax), sadly there are too many variables that might cause this.
    My suggestion is asking on the ReShade forum: http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting
    Post the error text from your dxgi.log there, hopefully someone will come up and figure out what's wrong.

    I finally managed to make it work by deleting and installing the framework again, thanks.

    I have one last question, please. In Mcfx.cfg I set #define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD to 1, but when I launch the game, Lara is completely out of focus, as you can see in this screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-09-03 18.43.03.png
    The AUTOFOCUS value is set to 1, but Lara is in focus only with certain camera angles. Is there a way to choose the point of focus? Thanks in advance
    Reshade is currently distributed with v1 of the shaders as v2 of the shaders in general pushes people to the dreaded 'mediator' tool which is a pain. In v1 of the shaders, autofocus is using the center of the screen by default as the point around which a couple of measure points are placed where to focus on. So it simply focuses on the point at the center of the screen. If you don't want that, you can change the measuring point to a point elsewhere on the screen in the config file, or use manual focus and define the near/far planes between which focus is taking place. This is of course a pain if you want to change it for a particular shot. One way around that is to use a laptop or second computer on your local network and share the folder with the cfg files so you can edit them on the other computer without alt-tabbing all the time.

    This is still a pain, and I got fed up about it and added a mouse-driven auto-focus to the Reshade DoF in v2.0.3. If you download reshade with v2.0 framework you get the v2.0.3 shaders. Forget the mediator tool that ships with it, and manually install the files. In Reshade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg, set DOF_MOUSEDRIVEN_AF to 1. (and autofocus to 1 of course, but that's the default). From then on, you can change the autofocus point with the mouse. To see where the mouse pointer is, you can enable a little overlay. In Reshade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_Otis.cfg, set USE_MOUSEOVERLAY to 1 and from then on by pressing pause/break you get a little red dot where the mouse pointer is (and thus where the autofocus point is) Pressing it again gets rid of it. Taking a screenshot contains the dot, so disable it before taking the shot. It's now very easy to set the focus point of the DoF :)

    Be aware that in v2 of Reshade's framework, the depth buffer offered to shaders is reversed from v1, (or better: they fixed the bug in the linearization), so it's likely you have to set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to 1 in Reshade\Profiles\Default\Global.cfg. But you'll see that soon enough ;)

    Hope this helps!
  • OtisInf said:

    AlanSlade said:

    Compiling errors are usually result of wrong configuration (e.g syntax), sadly there are too many variables that might cause this.
    My suggestion is asking on the ReShade forum: http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting
    Post the error text from your dxgi.log there, hopefully someone will come up and figure out what's wrong.

    I finally managed to make it work by deleting and installing the framework again, thanks.

    I have one last question, please. In Mcfx.cfg I set #define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD to 1, but when I launch the game, Lara is completely out of focus, as you can see in this screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-09-03 18.43.03.png
    The AUTOFOCUS value is set to 1, but Lara is in focus only with certain camera angles. Is there a way to choose the point of focus? Thanks in advance
    Reshade is currently distributed with v1 of the shaders as v2 of the shaders in general pushes people to the dreaded 'mediator' tool which is a pain. In v1 of the shaders, autofocus is using the center of the screen by default as the point around which a couple of measure points are placed where to focus on. So it simply focuses on the point at the center of the screen. If you don't want that, you can change the measuring point to a point elsewhere on the screen in the config file, or use manual focus and define the near/far planes between which focus is taking place. This is of course a pain if you want to change it for a particular shot. One way around that is to use a laptop or second computer on your local network and share the folder with the cfg files so you can edit them on the other computer without alt-tabbing all the time.

    This is still a pain, and I got fed up about it and added a mouse-driven auto-focus to the Reshade DoF in v2.0.3. If you download reshade with v2.0 framework you get the v2.0.3 shaders. Forget the mediator tool that ships with it, and manually install the files. In Reshade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg, set DOF_MOUSEDRIVEN_AF to 1. (and autofocus to 1 of course, but that's the default). From then on, you can change the autofocus point with the mouse. To see where the mouse pointer is, you can enable a little overlay. In Reshade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_Otis.cfg, set USE_MOUSEOVERLAY to 1 and from then on by pressing pause/break you get a little red dot where the mouse pointer is (and thus where the autofocus point is) Pressing it again gets rid of it. Taking a screenshot contains the dot, so disable it before taking the shot. It's now very easy to set the focus point of the DoF :)

    Be aware that in v2 of Reshade's framework, the depth buffer offered to shaders is reversed from v1, (or better: they fixed the bug in the linearization), so it's likely you have to set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to 1 in Reshade\Profiles\Default\Global.cfg. But you'll see that soon enough ;)

    Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the patience and fot this useful post.
    I have downloaded the latest framework 2.03 from http://reshade.me/, NOT installed Mediator but inserted manually the values to use Enhanced Graphics v1.2.
    I tried to do what you said, but when I insert the value #define DOF_MOUSEDRIVEN_AF 1 , the game gives me an error when trying to load it. :( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-09-07 17.39.32.png
    I also searched for the Otis preset, but can't find it anywhere.
    Do I have to use another kind of framework?
    Sorry to bothering you.
  • AlanSlade said:


    Thanks for the patience and fot this useful post.
    I have downloaded the latest framework 2.03 from http://reshade.me/, NOT installed Mediator but inserted manually the values to use Enhanced Graphics v1.2.
    I tried to do what you said, but when I insert the value #define DOF_MOUSEDRIVEN_AF 1 , the game gives me an error when trying to load it. :( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-09-07 17.39.32.png
    I also searched for the Otis preset, but can't find it anywhere.
    Do I have to use another kind of framework?
    Sorry to bothering you.

    You should use reshade framework v2.0, which contains the variable. You're using framework 1.x, which doesn't have the variable, so adding it won't do anything good! At the bottom of the reshade.me site, you'll see the download buttons, use the 'Reshade framework 2.0' button to download reshade + the 2.0.3f framework. That framework contains the code and variable already, you just have to switch it from 0 to 1. :)
  • edited September 2016
    OtisInf said:

    AlanSlade said:


    Thanks for the patience and fot this useful post.
    I have downloaded the latest framework 2.03 from http://reshade.me/, NOT installed Mediator but inserted manually the values to use Enhanced Graphics v1.2.
    I tried to do what you said, but when I insert the value #define DOF_MOUSEDRIVEN_AF 1 , the game gives me an error when trying to load it. :( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/Screenshot 2016-09-07 17.39.32.png
    I also searched for the Otis preset, but can't find it anywhere.
    Do I have to use another kind of framework?
    Sorry to bothering you.

    You should use reshade framework v2.0, which contains the variable. You're using framework 1.x, which doesn't have the variable, so adding it won't do anything good! At the bottom of the reshade.me site, you'll see the download buttons, use the 'Reshade framework 2.0' button to download reshade + the 2.0.3f framework. That framework contains the code and variable already, you just have to switch it from 0 to 1. :)
    Yes! It's working now :D Thank you so much
    But now Enhanced Graphics 1.2 doesn't work anymore :(
    Is it because the framework is different? Is there a way to make it working again with framework 1.0? I'm sorry, but when a problem is solved, another borns..
  • I don't know what you mean with 'Enhanced graphics 1.2', is that a shader from reshade 1.x?
Sign In or Register to comment.