Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Rise of the Tomb Raider

Cheat Engine Table
Download table

[Camera] = F1 to toggle
Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate
Numpad + and - to increase\decrease FOV

Hold ALT to move farther

[Animation Freeze] = F4 to toggle
F5 to pause
F6 to resume

That timestop hotkey setup is a mess. I never bothered to make it a simple toggle script... which is possible.

The time freeze will cause physics to go nuts when you unfreeze. This actually broke one of the escape sequences for me. So be careful. Save your game in new slots often.

HattiWatti's Free Camera Tool
Download

[Hotkeys]
INSERT - Toggle camera
DELETE - Disable input, useful if you want to move the camera with a controller.
END - Toggle time freeze. Can be buggy.
PAGE UP/DOWN - Change FoV

NUMPAD 8/5, 4/6, 7/9 - Move the camera
NUMPAD 1/3, ARROW KEYS - Rotate the camera

HOME - Issue a command. Available commands: speed , rotspeed , rollspeed

Gamepad:
Left Thumb - Move
Right Thumb - Rotate
Shoulders - Roll
Thumb Buttons - Change FoV

I strongly recommend using a controller for this instead of the keyboard.

High Resolution Screenshots
Rise of the Tomb Raider supports dynamic resolution switching in windowed mode (aka, "Hotsampling"). This allows you to easily switch to different aspect ratios and resolutions on the fly.

You need SRWE. Get 2.2.

Play game in windowed mode.

Attach SRWE to the game executable.

Now, use SRWE to set the game to a resolution of your choice that fits on your screen. For example, I have a 3440x1440 monitor. So here's how I'll set the game to take screenshots in various ARs:

21:9 - 3440x1440 (duh)
2:1 - 2880x1440
3:4 - 1080x1440

The height is always 1440 so the whole frame will fit on my screen.

Once you have a screenshot framed, you can use SRWE to change the window size to something much larger (depending on how high you can go before your GPU crashes out). For 2:1 shots, I usually set the window to 7000x3500. Once the game re-renders to the new size, take a screenshot. Then use SRWE to change the size back. You can save profiles to make switching faster.

Just be aware that Rise has a limit on how narrow you can go with the resolution. Currently that limit is 5:4, so you can not switch to a 1:1 or 3:4 resolution.

Is HattiWatti's Tool A Virus? My Virus Scanner Said So
No

Comments

• Nice, don't have a gamepad but if I can control Witcher 3's camera tool this shouldn't be too problematic. :P
    (Nifty thing there with analogue movement and speed control but I just haven't decided on getting a gamepad yet and even stuff like the original port of Dark Souls wasn't too terrible although I have nothing to compare against either so yeah, ha ha. )

I take it the HattiWatti1 tool is the third and latest version (As of this post.)? I don't think it makes much of a difference to v.2 besides un-inverting the gamepad controls for the camera movement though.
    ( https://twitter.com/Hattiwatt1/status/694277376147070976 )

Now if only we could hack the game to get the cinema lighting during normal gameplay heh, well that would probably be useful in a large number of games really but it's probably not very easy to achieve.
    (Witcher 3 saw a little bit of that by taking the lighting/weather/environment control file as a replacement for the default one as one rare exception of this and then the ultimate lighting mod allowed for changing to the numerous special cutscene weathers too.)

Anyways now to test this out in Geothermal Valley or what the area was called, game actually has some pretty varied locations compared to Tomb Raider 2013 and once you've finished the game it's even possible to backtrack to the Syria area again as I understood it.
    (But I don't think you can reach the intro level mountain climb again, plus of course any of the cutscene areas that tend to get horribly blown up as Lara raids the area for all ancient treasures and totally decimates the wildlife ha ha.)
  • That link is to the latest version, yes.

The problem with using this without a controller is the mouse doesn't work. So you're limited to using arrow keys for rotation. I do not recommend that.
  • Cheat Engine Table

Download table

[Camera] = F1 to toggle
    Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
    Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
    Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate
    Numpad + and - to increase\decrease FOV

Hello, unfortunately Cheat Engine Table does not work. I am looking everywhere for any FOV fix so such working table will be a treasure. Free Camera Tool is not for me because I am playing only with mouse and keyboard.

• edited February 2016
    Not sure what to tell you. I've had plenty of people use that table now without issues. It's currently only going to work for the latest Steam version though.

This is not going to work as an FOV fix. The FOV can only be adjusted when the free camera is enabled.
  • the Table isn't working for me at all , the link says the table was uploaded a year ago ?!!
  • Yeeaaaah. That was my bad. It was a link to the first TR table. I don't know how that happened. I updated it.
  • edited February 2016
    https://twitter.com/Hattiwatt1/status/695012478741254144

HattiWatt1 updated his utility with something.

https://twitter.com/FoxTi8/status/695166316467060736

And some DOF related addresses for Cheat-Engine .
  • Hello guys,
    i'm brand new here and of course i'm totaly noob. I would like to try the take some "different screenshot" but i have no idea what i should do.

I guess i have to DL the Cheat Engine first but i don't know what i have to do after this. Could you please help me?
  • edited February 2016

This is not going to work as an FOV fix. The FOV can only be adjusted when the free camera is enabled.

Is it possible to make a table for changing FOV only (without free camera - only FOV fix)?
  • G4L4Z0N said:

Hello guys,
    i'm brand new here and of course i'm totaly noob. I would like to try the take some "different screenshot" but i have no idea what i should do.

I guess i have to DL the Cheat Engine first but i don't know what i have to do after this. Could you please help me?

1. Install Cheat engine
    2. Download table
    3. Start Game
    4. Alt+Tab
    5. click on ROTTR table
    6. click on square icon on upper left corner
    7. choose ROTTR exe
    8. back to game and use instruction from first post on this guide

sorry for my english...

• crap

the new patch breaks HattiWatti tools + Jim's Table
  • t
    Marcelus said:

G4L4Z0N said:

Hello guys,

1. Install Cheat engine
    2. Download table
    3. Start Game
    4. Alt+Tab
    5. click on ROTTR table
    6. click on square icon on upper left corner
    7. choose ROTTR exe
    8. back to game and use instruction from first post on this guide

sorry for my english...

tyvm
  • kx11 said:

crap

the new patch breaks HattiWatti tools + Jim's Table

I'm not patching my game until I aobscan my table. I'll work on fixing it tonight. You'll have to bug Hatti on Twitter :P

• I do like the fixes though, improving SSR quality (Might fix this glitch too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/405690850601404221/ ) along with general bugfixes and the ability to disable film grain separately from all the other screen effects, shame it breaks the CE tables and the like but hopefully they'll be updated within a few days or so. :)
  • hmm... with exe before patch table also not work.