Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Life Is Strange

edited September 2015 in Game Specific Guides
This table was created for the Steam version of Life Is Strange. It includes a pause free camera, DOF, tonemap, and bloom control. These are now AOB scans so should work for future updates of the game.

Cheat Engine Table
Download Table

[Camera Control] (Page Down)

Enable the camera script at any time by pressing [Page Down]. The camera control in LiS is broken up over two different coordinates, one for the camera location in 3D space and the other for the location of where the camera is pointing. Think of it as if the camera is strapped to a stick with the coordinates being each end of the stick, you control the location and direction by moving both coordinates. The free camera will only work when the game is paused with the Pause keybind [F3], see keybinds section below.

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

I/K = target Y coordinate
J/L = target X coordinate
O/. = target Z coordinate

Hold CTRL for larger movements
Hold ALT for smaller movements

L. Arrow/R. Arrow to adjust FOV (requires you to force it with the UE3 FOV keybind command while in game first, do this before going into the Pause Menu for it to work. See keybind section below.)

[ - , = ] keys to tilt the camera (ALT =) to level out.

[Post Processing] (Delete)

Press "Delete" to enable the script. Press "P" to enable control of the UE3 DOF, tonemap and bloom settings. Use the "Shift" key to with the below keys to perform the opposite action. (ex. [Shift P] to disable user DOF and return to game settings. Bloom and tonemap values do not have keys bound at the moment, you will need to make manual changes to these by double-clicking the value in the table, multiple values can be selected at once.

Note that on some levels that changing tonemap and bloom settings carries over if DOF is enabled or disabled, I've noted the default values next to each setting in the table.

DOF Effect Enable [P] , DOF Effect Disable [Shift]+[P]
DOF Focus Distance [ [ ]
DOF Focus Inner Radius [ ] ]
DOF MaxNearBlurAmount [;]
DOF MaxFarBlurAmount [']
DOF FallOffExponent [/]
Blur Dropoff?
Tiltshift BlurBloom? (reducing this reduces the amount of bloom in the DOF blur)

BlurBloomKernelSize - affects bloom. Lower values increase effect.
BloomScale - scale of bloom. Higher values increase effect.
bloom?

SceneDesaturation - value of 1 removes all color and leaves a b/w image.
tone1
tone2
tone3
MidTones 1
MidTones 2
MidTones 3
HighLights 1
HighLights2
HighLights 3
SceneShadows BLU
SceneShadows RED
SceneShadows GRN

Note: Not completely sure I've labelled these values correctly and there is one extra set of addresses that seem to affect tonemap as well. Maybe someone else can figure out exactly what these values control and I can update them here. You are going to have to play with these a bit, I found that setting the first set to 0 and the other three sets to 1 produced a good starting point.

[Other Stuff]

vignette red
vignette grn
vignette blu
vignette1 (default=0.7, set to 0 to disable)
vignette2
vignette3

Note: Not sure about these but they all affect a sort of vignette. Maybe tied in with tiltshift effect?

UE3 Keybinds
Locate the config files in ..\Documents\My Games\Life Is Strange\LifeIsStrangeGame\Config\.

1. Open LifeIsStrangeInput.ini.
2. Under the [ExampleGame.WhatIfInput] section add the bindings at the tail end of that same section.

Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="FOV 65",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="FOV 25",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="FOV 40",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="FOV 0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="Pause",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="PlayersOnly",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="Ghost",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="Fly",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="Walk",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

F1 - F2 - Force manual FOV control with CE Table (ALT F2 to go back to default FOV)
Pause [F3]
PlayersOnly [F5]
Ghost [F6]
Fly [F7]
Walk [ALT F7]

Remove Chromatic Aberration Lens Affect

1. Open LifeIsStrangeEngine.ini.
2. Under the [SystemSettings] section change the below line.
bDNEAllowChromaticAberration=False

Rendering Resolution and NoHUD

Use GeDoSaTo for higher rendering resolutions and HUD toggle. Note that there doesn't seem to be anyway to change the aspect ratio so you are stuck with 16:9. You can use the border shader in GeDoSaTo to help line up different AR shots though. I found the tilt option with the CE Table helped for getting large renders at portrait AR's.

Create a new profile for LifeIsStrange and add the following:

# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for LifeIsStrange

# Modify the mouse position reported by "GetCursorPos" when downsampling
modifyGetCursorPos true

# Modify the mouse position set by "SetCursorPos" when downsampling
modifySetCursorPos true

# Adjust the reported client rect when downsampling
modifyGetClientRect true

# Adjust the reported window rect when downsampling
modifyGetWindowRect true

# HUD toggle
injectPSHash 039f6441
#injectPSHash 95a11f1e

#works kindof. some text still there. removed pause menu 039f6441
#works to remove most hud and text - 95a11f1e

Comments

• Not completely happy with my results but the camera works and someone else may be able to fill in the rest of the gaps at some point. I had trouble figuring out all the DOF and Tonemap addresses and some parts are probably missing, for one I can't seem to find what controls the "dreamy haze" effect. Even though it's not complete, and definitely has some quirks, I thought others might find it useful and hopefully it can be built upon.
  • Thank you for guide. But freecam not work for me and I don't understand why.
    Keybinds work fine. except switching to Walk mode, Max still "flying'. Fixes with loading the last checkpoint.
  • What do the pointers and values look like when you enable/expand the script? If similar to what I s how below then you should be able to pause the game with the "Pause" keybind I mentioned under UE3 Keybinds section and then move the camera with numpad and JKL keys as above. If different to below then what do you see?

• edited September 2015
    Here is mine
    What go wrong?
    You create this tablet when game have only 3 episodes or 4?
  • Ah, good point, I didn't even think about that!

This table was made with Episode 1 - 3. The opcodes I was using must have changed. Should be fairly easy to re-find them but unfortunately I don't have episode 4 at the moment and not sure when I'll be able to get it. I could try to AOB scan it and a see it that works with the new episodes as well. Other than that maybe someone with the updated game can take a look?
  • No promises at all as I've had mixed success with AOB scans and this is the first opcode I've tried to find like this. Let me know if it works for you with the latest update to the game. Only thing I've changed so far is the camera, if DOF/tonemap wasn't working before then it still won't.

CE Table - AOB scan to opcode
  • Ty. Now it's work)
  • Sweet! =) Does the DOF still work as well?
  • Nope, DOF not working.
  • It figures...I'll have a look and see if I can AOB scan that as well.
  • edited September 2015
    Jack_Ryan said:

Nope, DOF not working.

I've AOB scanned the opcode I was using to find the DOF address. The new script works in Ep2 on my end, see if it still works for you with the new episodes.

CE Table - AOB scan for camera and DOF

Added new table to OP.
  • The DOF in this table isn't working quite right for me (i.imgur.com/nCSIZGw.jpg) . However, I found pointers to an alternative DOF. The two appear to be separate. Here are pointers to the alt DOF focus distance. The other DOF controls have the same offsets (falloff, blur amount,..), but you might have to include -37 (binary 2 len 1) to toggle it on/off. Can you turn it into a AOB scan and add it to the table? Episode 5 is out and people may like to have this. And for posterity, the way to hide the in-game hud is 'ToggleUI'.
  • Thanks, I'll look into that when I get some time.
  • edited February 2016
    It seems the HUD Toggling in this game doesn't work with the latest version of GeDoSaTo any more (it used to work fine for me). Now whenever I press the button, it just says "HUD toggling requires some form of injection targeting". Tried both injectPSHash 039f6441 and 95a11f1e, same result. Any ideas?
    Edit: My bad, looks like I've messed up with the file name extension, now it's working again.
  • I can't seem to get the F3 pause keybind to activate, this is my window: http://i.imgur.com/EymdQyI.png

I did add the bindings listed under UE3 Keybinds