Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Batman: Arkham Knight

This guide lists the various tools and techniques that can be utilized in order to capture the best possible screenshots in Batman: Arkham Knight.

This has only been created for and tested with the release version of the game. Until the table is fully AOB scanned, a patch WILL break the functionality.

UE3 Keybinds (Timestop, Hud Toggle)

Find this file and open it:
\BMGame\Config\BmInput.ini

For me, that location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config\BmInput.ini

You want to add your custom bindings below BmGame.RPlayerInput:

[BmGame.RPlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true")
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false")
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="ToggleHUD")
Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="FOV 90")
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="FOV 0")

There was 1 more step required for me to use these custom bindings. I had to copy ALL bindings from [Engine.PlayerInput] and paste them below [BmGame.RPlayerInput]

F6 will freeze the game and F7 will resume.
F8 is your HUD toggle.
F9 will force a custom FOV (you must do this once to control FOV via cheat engine)
F10 will reset to the game's default FOV

Cheat Engine Table
Download table - AOBscanned - should work after patches now

[Free Camera + FOV + Tilt] = F1 to toggle
Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

Hold ALT for larger movements

Numpad +/- to adjust FOV (requires using the UE3 keybind first)

[ ] keys to change tilt

If you've never used Cheat Engine before
1. Download and install Cheat Engine 6.4.

2. Double click on the table file you downloaded above. This should launch Cheat Engine.

3. Launch Batman: Arkham Knight
(I prefer windowed mode when using Cheat Engine since alt-tabbing will not minimize the game.)

4. Alt-Tab out of the game. In Cheat Engine, click the flashing button in the top left corner. Find "BatmanAK.exe" and click open. Say yes to keep the address and script list currently in the table.

You can now use the free camera hotkey in-game.

Comments

• Nice job Jim! Does the playersonly freeze bats as well?
  • edited June 2015
    Nice, don't have to jump through hoops like in the other Arkham games then!
  • Thread is closed until the game is re-released on PC. Until then, this game is really not worth screenshotting.
  • edited July 2015
    This is some great stuff Jim! Thank you for your work. The free camera doesn't seem to work for me through cheat engine, any thoughts? Did the update break the cheat table?

Edit: I'm a fool, of course the update broke the table. Would it be possible to upload an updated table for the patch? It would be greatly appreciated!
  • Yeah I meant to re-open the thread but realized I hadn't actually updated the table yet. Once I finish up my work work, I'll jump into the game quick and update the table.
  • edited July 2015
    I went ahead and updated the download link for the new table. Still not AOB scanned. Just wanted to get this up in case I lose my motivation for tonight :P It's also using AOBs for the addresses. Woo.

X rotation and Y rotation are for cut scenes, but they don't work yet. I need to put in some kind of toggle that lets you modify the rotation during cut scenes but still lets you use the mouse for gameplay shots.
  • Thank you Jim.
  • Thanks for that Jim, I realized the table wasn't working anymore but I was worried it might be caused by some of my manipulations!
  • edited July 2015
    huge thx, good to know we have "community" support for this game before the "fixed" version is even out [even if its fixed or not I can still run it fine 1080p60], got the ball rolling early today with some quick shots, I am still 70% done on main story, and plan to stop there and complete the optional content before continuing, after that whether there is a NG+ mode or not thats when I will start to photographically document this game with my own compositions https:[email protected]/shares/gng7Gu
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks again Jim, Lots of opportunity in this game.
  • First of all, thank you for those awesome tables youre doing :) now.. i don't want to be too offtopic but has anyone else problems with "interactive paper debris" ? i can activate it in the options menu but after aktivating it (and restarting the game - yes it is still activated afterwards) it doesn't show any difference in game - i have seen some very cool paper scraps floating around the streets as you drive around in a twitch stream (on PC) but can't seem to get the same results :/ When i google it i just find stuff from people who can't activate it (along with the volumetric fog option).
  • edited July 2015

First of all, thank you for those awesome tables youre doing :) now.. i don't want to be too offtopic but has anyone else problems with "interactive paper debris" ? i can activate it in the options menu but after aktivating it (and restarting the game - yes it is still activated afterwards) it doesn't show any difference in game - i have seen some very cool paper scraps floating around the streets as you drive around in a twitch stream (on PC) but can't seem to get the same results :/ When i google it i just find stuff from people who can't activate it (along with the volumetric fog option).

With what we know, the pc port, has bad performance, but with Gameworks middleware features there might be bugs -- the assumption is it'll get fixed when Rocksteady put out a major update

Edit: Mine does work
  • edited November 2015

This guide lists the various tools and techniques that can be utilized in order to capture the best possible screenshots in Batman: Arkham Knight.

This has only been created for and tested with the release version of the game. Until the table is fully AOB scanned, a patch WILL break the functionality.

Hey jim2point0, I just wanted to thank you for providing the Cheat Engine for Batman: Arkham Knight, but I was wondering if you could find a way to update it to the latest version of the game (since the game has now been re-released for PC with updated graphic options and all DLCs). Unfortunately the camera no longer works using your BatmanAK.ct file. I know that now there's the Photo Mode, but it's pretty limited compared to what the Cheat Engine can do. Is it possible to update the file to the latest version? or at least can you help me or lead me in the right direction to update it?

Thank you.
  • If anyone's going to do it, it's not going to be me. I don't have the time (newborn baby at home) + Fallout 4 = I really don't have the time.