Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using 3Dmigoto to remove HUD shaders from dx10/11 games

Comments

• Just had an idea for someone who's more proficient with 3D Migoto than me.

Automata has built in model viewer (the unit data browser).
    If someone managed to change background color to green and remove the grid overlay, we'd get a quick green screen functionality.
    I tried to do it personally but i must be doing something wrong. I can only remove the background but not have it return a solid color and the grid overlay seems trickier to get rid of than i expected.
  • hi all,

please have someone toggle hud for Darksiders Warmastered edition?
  • Marcelus said:

hi all,

Hi! I tried, but it`s not working

• pinokkio said:

Marcelus said:

hi all,

Hi! I tried, but it`s not working

yes, game crash with 3Dmigoto...
  • Marcelus said:

hi all,

I was looking at the camera structure in this game last night in the hopes of using Otis's excellently commented Darksiders 2 smooth camera script but was having troubles narrowing down a timestop. Maybe HUD should be the first thing to look for though and we can find something with CE?

Also, did you try different version of 3DMigoto and make sure no other injectors were being used (including Steam overlay)?

• Marcelus said:

Found that 3DMigoto v1.2.41 worked. Try this HUD toggle and let me know results. Should work in game as well as pause menu's.
  • One3rd said:

Marcelus said:

Found that 3DMigoto v1.2.41 worked. Try this HUD toggle and let me know results. Should work in game as well as pause menu's.
    Works perfect with actual Steam version. Thank you very much. And now we need free_cam :D

• Free trial for Mass Effect Andromeda so I made a toggle

Mass Effect Andromeda HUD toggle

This game seems to take a performance hit with 3Dmigoto (about 10 frames for me) so if that's unacceptable for you, I would not recommend this.

• 10!? that's insane. I know the code inside 3D migoto isn't the best at places, but it can't be that slow. Is this with the latest migoto build? To give you an idea: it uses the same hooking system (not the same code, but same idea) as reshade, and filters out the shaders uploaded based on hashes which are calculated pretty quickly, so that it eats up 10 fps is odd. Perhaps the game itself runs into trouble when its dxgi is hooked, but then again then it should fail with reshade as well...
  • I tried different versions of 3Dmigoto and got the same result, no idea why it's happening though.
  • edited July 15
    It wouldn't be the same but as a workaround I wonder if Cheat-Engine and somehow hooking the address that is being called whenever you use the UI toggle console command could be done, similar results but without any shader issues or whatever is causing the performance impact.
    (Since you can't unfortunately hotkey the actual console command in-game and using ~ and "ArrowUp" / "ArrowDown" to repeat commands would be unwieldy and I'm unsure how compatible the current version of Hatti's cinematic tools are since the game was recently updated.)

EDIT: Although with the current 10 hour free trial period ongoing it might be possible for the author to dig into the game and find the root cause and a possible fix too, this is way above my knowledge level of course so I'm probably making it sound way simpler than it is.
  • Since you can't unfortunately hotkey the actual console command in-game

Yeah I hate that you can't bind that command. Every Frostbite game would automatically get HUD toggle if they had just added a simple bind function :/
  • edited July 18
    Does anybody know if there's a Titanfall 2 hud toggle floating around somewhere or if it's even possible?
  • Does anybody know if there's a Titanfall 2 hud toggle floating around somewhere or if it's even possible?

Last time I tried I couldn't get 3Dmigoto to work, the game launches but I couldn't shader hunt. There is a 3D fix done with 3Dmigoto for the game though, so there must be a way. But I used the free trail for the game so I can't try it again.
  • Actually scratch that, turns out I can still play the trial and 3Dmigoto works, I just placed it in the wrong directory. Gonna try to make a HUD toggle for Titanfall 2.