Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using 3Dmigoto to remove HUD shaders from dx10/11 games

Comments

• Hey guys! Please, explain how to make a key toggle. I removed the hud in The Technomancer, but can't toggle it.i'm using the last version of the program and like One3rd posted, but nothing happens..
  • edited March 2
    I think those steps still apply (at least the toggle ones). Did you want to post what you have somewhere and we can take a look?

edit: Oh right, you might also try using "discard;" instead of "return;" when editing the pixel shaders. I've also had problems with using discard that has then worked when using return...go figure!
  • Also be sure that you don't set variables to null which aren't passed in the function header. the guide specifies 3 variables, but you have to set 1 nowadays in most shaders extracted by 3Dmigoto. If you set a variable that's not passed in, it effectively is an error and the shader won't compile. You won't see the error tho, it simply won't work.

• If you have an AMD card and it crashes on launch, you need this additional file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydr2g23mbq86vrx/AMD+files+Win+10.rar

(This has only been tested on Windows 10, can't guarantee it will work for every OS)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some additional DX9 HUD toggles done with helixmod (should not require any extra files for AMD users)

Splinter Cell Conviction
    Lost Planet
    Lost Planet 2
    Far Cry 3

Hey, so first of all i have to say THANK You for all Hud-Toggle´s you have already done. This is so great. I use all of your work to do "Cinematic-Youtube Videos".
    At the Moment i have a big Problem with "DragonBall Xenoverse 2" There is a Mod which should normally help me, but for me and many other Users it isnts working at all.
    So i had the Idea to kindly ask you for helping me out with this one, hope you have the game or could get it. I would also pay you some money if you could get me a working Hud Toggle.

Greetings,
    Daniel
  • edited March 2
    One3rd said:

I think those steps still apply (at least the toggle ones). Did you want to post what you have somewhere and we can take a look?

edit: Oh right, you might also try using "discard;" instead of "return;" when editing the pixel shaders. I've also had problems with using discard that has then worked when using return...go figure!

Ok. I started from the very beginning. These values I put in d3dx.ini:

[Constants]
    ;HUD on by default
    x=1
    ; y = 1.0
    ; z = 1.2
    ; w = 2.0

[Key1]
    Key=h
    ; hide HUD
    x=0
    type=toggle

[Hunting]
    hunting=0

[ShaderOverride1]
    Hash=8df9547de7b1c757
    Handling=skip

In 8df9547de7b1c757-ps_replace.txt I replaced everything with values made by One3rd. Nothing happens. Game loads with the hidden hud but I can`t it toggle.

Please take a look at my files. Here in the archive I put original and edited d3dx.ini and 8df9547de7b1c757-ps_replace.txt files. Thank you!

https://www.mediafire.com/?fszy8d1tdrw0c3j

• edited March 2
    I see what you've done wrong here. You've copied the entire shader code from my example on the OP which isn't going to work as it's a shader for a completely different game. what you will need to do is copy *just* the parts of that sample code that I have highlighted in the image with the blue boxes and put those in the same locations in your specific shader code.

Here I've done this with your original shader below.
    // ---- Created with 3Dmigoto v1.2.56 on Thu Mar 02 14:10:08 2017
    Texture2D<float4> t0 : register(t0);

SamplerState s0_s : register(s0);

// 3Dmigoto declarations
    #define cmp -
    Texture1D<float4> IniParams : register(t120);
    Texture2D<float4> StereoParams : register(t125);

void main(
    float4 v0 : SV_Position0,
    float2 v1 : TEXCOORD0,
    float4 v2 : COLOR0,
    out float4 o0 : SV_Target0)
    {
    float4 r0;
    uint4 bitmask, uiDest;
    float4 fDest;

float4 params = IniParams.Load(0);
    if (params.x == 0)
    {
    o0 = 0;
    discard;
    } else {

r0.xyzw = t0.Sample(s0_s, v1.xy).xyzw;
    o0.xyzw = v2.xyzw * r0.xyzw;
    return;
    }
    }
    I'm also not sure about the [ShaderOverride1] section you have in the ini file. I don't think I've ever used that before. Try first with that section commented out.
  • I've just tried using 3dMigoto 1.2.56 for another hud toggle and I couldn't get the toggle to actually work. I changed the d3dx.ini file to use another one that I knew worked (I had Otisinf's Hitman HUD toggle handy) by just copying this file over top the other. Something in the default options that are enabled is causing problems but it's too late here to dig any deeper. Try using the d3dx.ini file from the Hitman HUD Toggle a the following page. The download is at the bottom.
    https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/releases/tag/Hitman2016_v108
  • One3rd said:

I'm also not sure about the [ShaderOverride1] section you have in the ini file. I don't think I've ever used that before. Try first with that section commented out.

Yes! It works. The problem was in Handling=skip. The_Janitor once said (http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/409/using-3dmigoto-to-remove-hud-shaders-from-dx10-11-games/p6) that this helps to disable the shader. Evidently this method disables it complitely...
    And I did like you said, edited just highlighted sections. Thanks a lot for help,man! I owe you ;)

• Great news, glad you got it working. Glad I could help, your nohud wiki has helped me out on many occasions.
  • One3rd said:

Great news, glad you got it working. Glad I could help, your nohud wiki has helped me out on many occasions.

Could you maybe help me with Xenoverse 2?
    I really want to disable the entire hud in this game for videorecording purposes.
    In Xenoverse 1 i was using Gedosato to disable everything but it wont work for this game (because of dx11 maybe).
    Could you please help me out?

Greetings

• kosche911 said:

Could you maybe help me with Xenoverse 2?

My nephew has this game. I am a newbie in this modding, but may be I`ll try to do something ;)

• Oh hew wow, is that you Victor? i know you wiki, postet some comments in it. Wow if you could help me, this would be soooo great. :]
  • Hey i think i got it by myself, took some time but here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avmt5xr7n8jnjl/Xenoverse_2_HUD.rar

This should Toggle the Entire Hud of DragonBall Xenoverse 2.
    Just drop all Files where the "DBXV2.exe" is located.
    Ingame press "CAPSLOCK" to toggle.

would be great if someone else could test it.
  • Meanwile I made a hud toggle mod for "Space Hulk Deathwing" - Space Hulk Deathwing HudToggle
  • kosche911 said:

would be great if someone else could test it.

It works,I tested