Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using 3Dmigoto to remove HUD shaders from dx10/11 games

Comments

• Hah, works fine with Reshade.

• Why don't you post a comment on that guys video and ask him how he removed the HUD?
    One3rd said:

Does the below work in Homefront? Not a toggle but may work for screenshots.

"If you wish to hide the game's HUD for screenshot or other purposes, add the line: Hud_hide=1 to the %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\homefront2\Game.cfg file"

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution#Hiding_HUD

It does work. Extremely annoying that you have to quit the game to turn it back on though.

• Added some additional DX9 HUD toggles done with helixmod. They work pretty much the same way as the 3Dmigoto ones except AMD users shouldn't need any extra files

Splinter Cell Conviction
    Lost Planet
    Lost Planet 2
    Far Cry 3
  • I found the Ryse toggle very useful, thanks for putting that together. I've also added the pause menu to it, one extra shader.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Ad-GMKCuiNY2dUX29zazlVYVU

Does the conviction toggle remove the pause menu?
  • One3rd said:

Does the conviction toggle remove the pause menu?

There's a bit of the menu left, I tried hunting for the shader but can't find it. It's a bit tricky with helixmod because it doesn't disable the shader when you find it, just distorts it.
    So it's kinda difficult to know when you have the right one
  • Hi. Can anyone help me out with removing one of the shaders for max payne 3 at this topic http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/499/max-payne-3-removing-blur-distort-effect#latest Anyone with max payne 3 please read especially! . Thanks
  • edited September 2016
    Homefront is free to try on Steam for a limited time, so I was able to make a HUD toggle for it :)

Homefront The Revolution HUD toggle

This is not compatible with the ingame SMAA options though, it will cause visual corruptions. Use FXAA or TAA instead.

• Homefront is free to try on Steam for a limited time, so I was able to make a HUD toggle for it :)

Homefront The Revolution HUD toggle

This is not compatible with the ingame SMAA options though, it will cause visual corruptions. Use FXAA or TAA instead.

Awesome. Was hoping someone would make one for this game. Cheers man.
  • For max payne 3 im at the verge of completely removing the video effects blur distort stuff, just down to the last layers left to be removed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1nctgqt095vp9f/colors etc.rar?dl=0 as shown whats left now after like 6 PS and 2 VS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lb0i3pfv90wvup/9e6e29ae8b1c0d8d-ps_replace.txt?dl=0

You checked the rar file yes? Basically this shader txt im guessing should have the ability to remove those red/blue/green colors that still remain (it says BlueOff/GreenOff and RedOff.). How would you go about removing that or what would i have to edit ive already added:

float4 params = IniParams.Load(0);
    if (params.x == 0)
    {
    o0 = 0;
    discard;
    } else {

but it removes some other annoying feature in maxpayne 3 screen effect. The question is, am i supose to edit more of this text? Like how do i add the BlueOff/GreenOff/RedOff parameters so i can disable them, im not sure how to rite it? Or what else to edit?

As for the blur/blue outline thing in the rar pictures i posted, this txt im about to post removes something seperate, such as camera focus dephth of field by using
    float4 params = IniParams.Load(0);
    if (params.x == 0)
    {
    o0 = 0;
    discard;
    } else {

but you can see theres more global parameters to be used :) . I just wanna know how can you choose them. Heres the text file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4dff3qh0da9qcu/1cdf69dd44f7fb13-ps_replace.txt?dl=0 . I also have one for VS with the same global parameters again. Which also disables another screen effect, but not the blur/blue outline effect that i want removed.

Anyone that can help, i will really appreiciate that heaps, thank you so much. Theres some people that want this feature removed and will benefit a lot. Thanks
  • edited November 2016
    I've made a Menu overlay toggle for Rise of the tomb raider (Steam, latest build) using 3Dmigoto and this guide, very helpful :). This allows you to create screenshots from cut scenes which look better than in-game :)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!9IwzQB5B!lfExc2g1nItGv2FFz_4DxEOWCvT_91-xa8dUaxCHLLs

Toggle: caps lock.

Updated: 06-nov-2016. Now also hides crosshairs, ammo amount, mission directive.
  • edited October 2016
    To add to the excellent guide by One3rd: In the current version of 3Dmigoto, it's actually really easy and quick to make hud toggles. There's no need to cache the shaders anymore, so startup of a game is quick. Use these steps:

- Dump the 3dmigoto files in the game folder. Make sure reshade / other injectors are disabled (reshade therefore has to be disabled by renaming its dll)
    - The ini file of 3dmigoto is already setup properly, so you can start right away. Start the game
    - You'll see overlays at the top and bottom: top will say the # of vertex shaders (vs) and the # of pixelshaders (ps) that have been walked through as well as geometry shaders and other things we don't care about :) At the bottom a message about 'stereo disabled' is displayed, it's not important.
    - Start playing the game, and make sure the elements you want to hide are on screen. If it's a menu you want to hide, open the menu. If it's an outlining you want to hide, make that show.
    - Now, walk the pixel shaders. Don't bother with the vertex shaders, the HLSL compiler of 3dmigoto often gets its knickers in a twist and the code won't compile and it's not needed anyway. There are likely a lot of pixelshaders to walk through (I had to walk through over 500 of them when trying to hide the ROTTR menu, games are heavy these days!). You walk the pixelshaders by using num1 (previous shader) and num2 (next shader). You'll see things disappear on screen: the shader currently selected is disabled by 3dmigoto and therefore its pixels aren't rendered. If an element you want to hide is removed by the current shader, press num3 to mark the shader. 3Dmigoto will automatically move the shader in decompiled form to ShaderFixes already for you. :)
    - When you have walked all shaders, you're done and you can exit the game. This is important. Fixes otherwise for some reason won't show up.

Now go into the ShaderFixes folder in the game folder. In there you'll see the hashcode_replace.txt files. These are the shaders you have to correct. Follow the steps One3rd has described in detail in the OP. As these are pixelshaders, and we want to hide things, all we need to do is discard the pixel. Pixelshaders run for every pixel in a polygon in screenspace (the 2D area making up your screen). By using 'discard;' as a statement, we tell HLSL to toss away the color for the pixel, which means it's not rendered at all! This is exactly what we want. Using 'return;' will render the pixel, but will use the value returned from the shader function, which by default is 0, it will turn out to be black.

If you're done with the adjustments of the .txt files in the ShaderFixes folder, change the .ini file of 3dmigoto in the game folder as One3rd has explained. This also means 'hunting' should be set to 0.

Run the game, the overlay I described earlier isn't shown anymore. Go play the game, and press your toggle key as added as described. It should activate your new code in the shader files. Of course if you made a mistake, it will be visible in the log file created by 3dmigoto. If some shaders work and not others, you can adjust that on the fly: go into the .txt file, alter the code, and press F10 in-game to reload the .txt files. Then press the toggle key again.

This is a quick process :) Once you're done. Clean up the 3dmigoto ini file as it contains other directives you don't want to include in the toggle: they sometimes can interfere with the game itself. Then pack the 3dmigoto files in the game folder, combined with your shaderfixes folder and you have created another hud toggle :)
  • ^ I would also recommed setting every option under [Logging] to 0 when you are done, as you don't want 3Dmigoto creating a bunch of logs every time you press a button which might cause stutters.
  • Call of Duty Infinite Warfare HUD toggle

Also removes pause menu, if you go in to video options it removes the DoF so I guess that can be used as a time stop?
    Anyway, I only tested this on the first few levels so if there are any new HUD elements in the later levels that I missed, please let me know.
  • Trying to use it in Dishonored 2, want to get rid of some shaders, specifically white trail effect on weapon swings.

But when I try to start the game, this shows up:

D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain FAILED with error (-214702809). Please check your GPU is compatible with DirectX 11.1. Also, if you're under Windows 7, please check you've installed the Windows Platform Update

I use a single GTX 1080

Anyone have any tips?
  • Trying to use it in Dishonored 2, want to get rid of some shaders, specifically white trail effect on weapon swings.

But when I try to start the game, this shows up:

D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain FAILED with error (-214702809). Please check your GPU is compatible with DirectX 11.1. Also, if you're under Windows 7, please check you've installed the Windows Platform Update

I use a single GTX 1080

Anyone have any tips?

What version of 3Dmigoto did you use? Try different ones, version 1.1.14 may sometimes work when others fail:

https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/download/0.99.50-alpha/3Dmigoto-1.1.14.zip

Don't have Dishonored 2 though so I can't try it myself