Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 3

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I'll just revert my whole folder. I just checked my home computer via my phone and it looks like I have a backup from the 19th. So I'll do a restore when I get home.

Folks are just going to have ot be patient or use Windows restore themselves to fix it in the meantime. That feature is a life saver.
  • I'll just revert my whole folder. I just checked my home computer via my phone and it looks like I have a backup from the 19th. So I'll do a restore when I get home.

Folks are just going to have ot be patient or use Windows restore themselves to fix it in the meantime. That feature is a life saver.

It's a good chance for location scouting tbh, and to get a few levels on my character for when I finally fight that Basilisk I found and got a shot of last night. After turning the HUD back on I discovered he was 10 levels higher than me...the resultant fight was like a Mike Tyson highlight reel. lol

• Speaking of locations I just reached the city of Novigrad, pretty amazing that the game is open enough that you can actually explore these locations relatively early on, city's amazing and probably one of the best looking cities I've seen in a game, scale is just massive although as expected while the developers might brag about it having 5000 doors it would seem 4900 or so are permanently locked, heh.
    (Seems you can even sail off to the Skellige islands early on should that be desired whereas it's actually meant as the third act to the game.)
  • Table is now AOB scanned and SHOULD work for all versions of the game. Took me 20 minutes.

I've only tested on 1.02, but I'll check on 1.03 as soon as I'm done redownloading it.
  • Now not working free cam in 1.03 version but i have game from GOG. Timestop and FOV works without problems.
  • Steam 1.03, all works except for Freecam
  • I experienced the same. Code around the camera shifted quite a bit. No AOB in the world could have saved it.

Therefore, I'll probably have to fix the camera for each version. I hope not but... what can you do. New table is up.
  • I experienced the same. Code around the camera shifted quite a bit. No AOB in the world could have saved it.

Therefore, I'll probably have to fix the camera for each version. I hope not but... what can you do. New table is up.

Thanks Jim. I had actually managed to make some progress in the game, now it's back to taking pictures of my horse. lol

• edited May 2015
    Jim, what other features did you have in mind? I came here to suggest a slow motion function, I really like it for screenshots and even for gameplay. Thanks for all your hard work.
  • Thx for this awesome tool Jim !
    I'm reconstructing 3D models from photos and your tool allow me to pause the game (oh yeah) and take screenshot all around the character ^^
    https://skfb.ly/EyC6
  • A BIG THANK YOU by a FrenchMan
    Keep up the good work !
  • edited May 2015
    Nerd said:

Jim, what other features did you have in mind? I came here to suggest a slow motion function, I really like it for screenshots and even for gameplay. Thanks for all your hard work.

Slow motion was surprisingly easy in The Witcher 2, but I had all kinds of trouble trying to replicate that in The Witcher 3. I'll probably give it another shot later. It would be nice to have.

I would like to change the default camera offset values. For example, bringing the camera a little closer to Gerald in combat like it was in The Witcher 2, I think it pulls back too far. That might also be useful for someone recording videos. It's a very gamey camera position. Not so "cinematic" like they showed in their trailers.

I also want to try and put in no-clip. But I don't think that would work when timestopped, so it would just be useful as somewhat of a cheat\convenience. Repositioning Gerald with his huge fucking turning circle can sometimes be a pain. Usually I just want to move him a few feet away while maintaining the same orientation. Doing the same for the horse would be nice as well.

But... I don't really have a ton of time for hacking. Especially since I enjoy playing it so much. So I have no idea when I'll get around to it again.
  • edited May 2015
    Strange that slow motion is a challenge for you to get working, I don't know anything about CE but I always assumed that you guys find the hacks by triggering the desired effect in the game. Like for instance you might find out how to add gold by gaining some and have CE track it, or however that works. I bring this up because in TW3 there are a bunch of ways to activate slow motion, you've got the horse combat, bombs, and the crossbow that all trigger it so I figured it would be easy to isolate. But like I said I'm clueless!

I did look in the .xml's yesterday and I don't recall seeing camera values but they might be in there somewhere, it'd probably be better to be able to toggle through a bunch rather than having an adjusted value as a default though. Some fights I think require the large fov we currently have lest we be blind. Kind of related -- I've played around a lot with the "Motion Focus" shader in Reshade because I like how it zooms in. It really reminds of the old gameplay snippets they showed of the not-downgraded game and it makes looking around villages really nice.

Thanks for the reply. I do agree the game is fantastic too, one of the best in many years, the only gripe I have is that Geralt so far isn't as frisky as he was in the previous games lol.
  • edited May 2015
    Nope, what you're saying makes perfect sense. Timescale is almost ALWAYS a float, and there are numerous was to track it in TW3.

In TW2, I used the radial menu. I narrowed down the list and started setting the values to 0.5 to see which would slow the game down, if any. I found it pretty quick.

In TW3, I've tried the radial menu and attacking from my horse. But I never find any floats that actually allow me to manually change the timescale. It might be stored differently in this game. Hell, in Shadow of Mordor, timescale wsa a 4-byte value that increased in order to slow the game down. I found that by luck....
  • edited May 2015
    Nerd said:

Strange that slow motion is a challenge for you to get working, I don't know anything about CE but I always assumed that you guys find the hacks by triggering the desired effect in the game. Like for instance you might find out how to add gold by gaining some and have CE track it, or however that works. I bring this up because in TW3 there are a bunch of ways to activate slow motion, you've got the horse combat, bombs, and the crossbow that all trigger it so I figured it would be easy to isolate. But like I said I'm clueless!

I did look in the .xml's yesterday and I don't recall seeing camera values but they might be in there somewhere, it'd probably be better to be able to toggle through a bunch rather than having an adjusted value as a default though. Some fights I think require the large fov we currently have lest we be blind. Kind of related -- I've played around a lot with the "Motion Focus" shader in Reshade because I like how it zooms in. It really reminds of the old gameplay snippets they showed of the not-downgraded game and it makes looking around villages really nice.

Thanks for the reply. I do agree the game is fantastic too, one of the best in many years, the only gripe I have is that Geralt so far isn't as frisky as he was in the previous games lol.

Camera would be in startup.bundle in the content0 folder, I'd also check patch.bundle in the patch0 folder in case there's a newer version.

Won't help much unfortunately as the camera file is in a file format specific to Witcher 3 and compiled, would be easier if it was a .csv file or a .xml but no such luck unfortunately.
    (A lot of the game data files are in this format though a few things can be edited, there's actually a pretty OK number of .csv and .xml files available though I have not tried modifying them myself yet.)

EDIT: One thing I did notice in the hud xml file was a transparency setting, defaults to 0.8 by default, if that could be found it might be a simpler way to toggle the interface via Cheat-Engine I guess, although since it can't be modified at runtime (As there's no in-game option for it.) I suppose it would be a bit more difficult to find.

Also used process explorer and dumped the strings and checked the various command-line parameters, there's some of use like -width and -height (Won't override the config file values either.) but it has the same issue as AMD VSR where the game gets zoomed in as it squishes the aspect ratio as it tries to fit the display onto the monitor window or how to say.
    (And unfortunately enabling MSAA via ini file editing breaks the rendering entirely and all geometry besides the hud and geralts hair becomes invisible so good AA has been a bit of a hassle though I suppose resizing the window for screenshot purposes do work, "hotsampling" as I think it was called.)