Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Dying Light

Download link for the cheat engine table. (no longer working)

Edit: Original link is down but Bro-beat might have a merged copy of the CE table and a HUD toggle as well. Try below.

Jim2point0 & SoulReaver's CT Merged
3dMigoto HUD Toggle

Alternatively there looks to be a mod on Nexusmods that includes access to the developer menu and debug camera.
https://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/16/?

Game Speed (timestop)
Enable the script with F1.
Press F1 again to freeze.
F2 will resume gameplay.

Add additional hotkeys for slow motion if you wish.

Hud Toggle
F3 = Disable HUD
F4 = Enable HUD

Field of view
F5 to enable the script
Numpad + to increase FOV
Numpad - to decrease FOV

Free Camera
F6 to toggle on and off
Numpad 2/6 = change Y coordinate
Numpad 4/5 = change X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = change Z coordinate

Hold ALT for larger increments
Hold CTRL for smaller increments

Time of Day
Enable script with F7
Number row + to move time forward
Number row - to move time backward
Hold CTRL to change by exactly 1 hour

Numpad / will enable ToD changes during certain missions

LOD Distance
F8 to enable the script
F8 to change to max LOD distance
F9 to change to minimum LOD distance

Player Coords
This is a basic "no-clip." Current hotkeys are:
Y \ H = change player Y coordinate
G \ J = change player X coordinate
Page Up\Down = change player Z coordinate

Those were temporary hotkeys. You can easily delete them and add your own. Useful for moving your character model out of the frame after stopping time.

This table also contains cheats which make taking screenshots during certain scenarios easier. Unlimited flares is handy for lighting up zombies at night. Health should keep you alive when capturing screenshots of zombie hoards.

Comments

• Beautiful! It has been a really busy week or so for me, and screenshotting had to take a backseat. I was wondering what to do tonight and now I know.
  • On the new patch, the dev menu mod doesn't work and the CE table needs updated for the HUD toggle. I'll work on the latter. Everything else in the table should still work.
  • edited February 2015
    The debug menu is probably gone for good now, the HUD related files did not change with this patch so that means that they must have removed the actual code in it's entirety now.
    (Instead of having only a couple of cheat functions removed relating to I think Godmode and Infinite Ammo.)

EDIT: Also in-game for those using the chromatic aberration removal mod if you still notice the effect toggle the noise option on and then off again, has to be off but it seems it resets the shaders in some way when the game loads.
    (Or at least for me even if it's on off to begin with the game seems to reset the shaders when the game loads so the option has to be toggled on and off again and then it works - this thing with it resetting the shaders or maybe the entire renderer is easily noticed in windowed mode with the game slightly stuttering as it finishes loading and the screen slightly changing size.)

This unfortunately cancels out any custom resolution currently used though it might be less of a problem with Nvidia DSR available compared to AMD VSR. :)
    (I can't go higher than 2560x1600 instead of 3840x2400 which I had set in the config file.)

EDIT: This however meant that one can now do a in-game comparison easier and see just how the CA removal tweak actually changes the games look since it also unfortunately removes part of the yellow-ish tonemapping effect.

image image

(I don't mind too much but it does change the game aesthetics or how to say though losing that damn chromatic aberration effect is a good trade-off even if it's not perfect and likely won't be until - if - the developers add a in-game options for toggling it, this patch does add that option for the noise filter so there's at least some hope that a future update will also add one for chromatic aberration.)

EDIT: Huh that's interesting, getting hit momentarily reverts the tone mapping and brings back the "CA" but moving around is usually enough to get rid of it again, however getting grabbed will revert it permanently for that game session and toggling the noise effect on and off will no longer work.
  • I just reverted my game back to the previous version. The dev menu was too good.
  • edited February 2015
    While messing with trying to revert to 1.3.0 (unsuccessfully) I was checking out all the files that were updated. One of these, located in the Dying Light/DW folder was called data3.pak and had only one file, named placeholder. I'd always wondered why the My Documents/DyingLight folder had both a data folder and an out folder with a similar data folder in it. I once read that if you wanted to succesfully get a mod to stick, you'd do well to place it in both folders. After noticing the data#.pak files in Dying Light/DW had data folders in them, I tried to put the contents of the data folder into that data3.pak thinking it would use those files in-game maybe. It didn't without including the 'data' folder name. So zip up the entire data folder from My Documents/DyingLight/out and rename it to data3.pak, sans the placeholder file. If you do that, all your mods work, including the dev menu.

Well that took me four hours of my life. Thank you for the informative patch notes Techland!
  • edited February 2015

On the new patch, the dev menu mod doesn't work and the CE table needs updated for the HUD toggle. I'll work on the latter. Everything else in the table should still work.

And a million thankyous :P
    Midhras said:

While messing with trying to revert to 1.3.0 (unsuccessfully) I was checking out all the files that were updated. One of these, located in the Dying Light/DW folder was called data3.pak and had only one file, named placeholder. I'd always wondered why the My Documents/DyingLight folder had both a data folder and an out folder with a similar data folder in it. I once read that if you wanted to succesfully get a mod to stick, you'd do well to place it in both folders. After noticing the data#.pak files in Dying Light/DW had data folders in them, I tried to put the contents of the data folder into that data3.pak thinking it would use those files in-game maybe. It didn't without including the 'data' folder name. So zip up the entire data folder from My Documents/DyingLight/out and rename it to data3.pak, sans the placeholder file. If you do that, all your mods work, including the dev menu.

Well that took me four hours of my life. Thank you for the informative patch notes Techland!

There is a mod for activating the Timepiece / watch on Nexus - that download is just the data3.pak.. probably works the same way as how you described it

I just reverted my game back to the previous version. The dev menu was too good.

Once those mod tools come out, I would hope Techland would make it easy to access that menu fully working with any new patch

• Hi,
    sorry to jump in. I just tried to download your table for the game but it seems the file is not available anymore.
    Do you think you would be able to upload it again ?
    Thanks for your time.
  • Thank you very much for that !
    I am going to test that as soon as possible.
  • The HUD toggle wont work anymore. But maybe they've added that into th game by now? I have no idea....
  • yeah, HUD toggle is in dev menu. Can't get to pause the time but well, I'll see what I can do.
    I'm still a brand new guy in screenshoting, so I need to learn by making mistakes and do things thousands times to understand how everything works.
    Thanks again for the upload.
  • link is broke. can anyone upload the table again?
  • edited December 2017
    tdk01 said:

link is broke. can anyone upload the table again?

I don't have that table but the camera solution on nexus may still work. It gives access to the developer menu and debug camera.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/16/?

Actually, looks like Bro-beat might have a merged copy of the CE table and a HUD toggle as well.

Jim2point0 & SoulReaver's CT Merged
    3dMigoto HUD Toggle

• many thanks!