Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Saints Row IV

Free Camera
F2 to toggle:

Works during game and cutscenes, though full cutscene rotation would require a little extra work on my part.

Numpad 8/2 - Forward/back
Numpad 4/6 - Left/right
Numpad 9/7 - Up/down

Ctrl+above - Speed modifier

The xyz coordinates may not reflect your directions in game.

FOV
F3 to toggle:

Numpad +/- - Increase/decrease FOV

Ctrl+above - Speed modifier

Timestop
F4 to enable, Ctrl+F4 to disable:

Sets the physics timescale to such a low (actually high) amount that everything stops. You'll have to use the mouse to rotate as the pad controls are also frozen.

Warp To GPS
F5 to toggle:

This will only work once your GPS is set and you've returned to regular play. Press F5 to jump directly to the target - you might be clipping at bit into the floor at this point - then F5 again to restore player control and plant your feet on the ground. Give it a second for the game world to load in or you might end up in limbo - though that's easily fixed by just toggling the script again.

Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Ad-GMKCuiNNXZyTFNKUFIzVTA

Parts of this table are not AOB-enabled and will thus only work with the latest Steam version of the game.

Hiding The HUD
Hiding the HUD is already possible thanks to unused 'cheats' in the game. The best way to enable them is to download IdolNinja's mod, which gives you a huge number of additional cheats you can enter via Hub Menu->Extras.

To hide the HUD, enter 'hidehud' as a cheat code and then enable the cheat. I'll find the Cheat Engine equivalent at a later date.

SR4_additional_cheats_IdolNinja_v6.rar + CE Table

Downsampling
GeDoSaTo doesn't support Saints Row IV because it uses DX10. The only way to downsample from high resolutions is to open display.ini in the game's install folder and set the following options:

ResolutionWidth = desired render resolution x
ResolutionHeight = desired render resolution y
Fullscreen = false
VerifyResolution = false

The game's window will appear to be limited by your desktop resolution, but the render resolution will nonetheless be what you've set in the ini. Just resize the window to a usable size using SRWE, being sure to use the correct aspect ratio.

Comments

• Thanks for this :)
  • Great work Duncan! I only took it for a short spin before having to head out but it looks like everything works. So glad that different AR's work after making those ini changes, I was getting worried.

One small problem, which is probably more to do with how the timestop (slow) is being accomplished. Is that if you timestop when certain powers are being used, like super sprinting, as soon as you move your finger off the key enabling that power it stops the visual effect. Same thing happens as soon as you enable the freecamera.

Although, one bonus feature is that the in-game aiming DoF is toggleable while in freecamera if you were aiming before going into freecamera...actually this might work either way I didn't check without aiming first.

• Just trying it out myself. You might be able to fix the issue with visual effects by lowering the amount on the timescale change, though the game just run slowly rather than frozen. I'd work something out using the pause state I originally found, but that turned the visual effects off entirely. Perhaps the particle system just doesn't play nice with the timescale being changed.

Incidentally, all of the hacks in the table work during character creation as well.

I'm looking into depth of field at the moment, as it's quite strong by default. Should be easy to isolate. I might also do a Warp To GPS script if I get bored of driving around.
  • Updated with Warp To GPS script.
  • djh_ said:

Just trying it out myself. You might be able to fix the issue with visual effects by lowering the amount on the timescale change, though the game just run slowly rather than frozen. I'd work something out using the pause state I originally found, but that turned the visual effects off entirely. Perhaps the particle system just doesn't play nice with the timescale being changed.

I'll try that out.
    djh_ said:

Incidentally, all of the hacks in the table work during character creation as well.

That sounds like it could be fun to play with. You can get some pretty strange combinations in that character generator.
    djh_ said:

I'm looking into depth of field at the moment, as it's quite strong by default. Should be easy to isolate.

It is pretty strong, it might be enough if we could disable it and use something like ReShade which seemed to work very well and is configurable. Currently it's only disabled when you remove all post processing effects...which is actually not a bad idea in some areas.
    djh_ said:

I might also do a Warp To GPS script if I get bored of driving around.

Nice! But driving around? Who drives around in SRIV? I thought this was a running and jumping simulator?
  • Any idea's on how to get rid of the excessive vignette in the game? It's even present when all in-game post effects are disabled.
  • edited January 2015
    No idea on the vignette, though it's not uncommon for such things to be lumped in with the depth of field and colour grading when you go looking with Cheat Engine.
  • edited January 2015
    I found an added bonus with your timestop, it allows you to use the slew_camera during animations where the camera is locked into place. I haven't tried but it will most likely work in cut-scenes as well. This with your FOV control and we have a working cutscene camera. You do lose that DoF control when using the slew_camera though.
  • edited January 2015
    djh_ said:

No idea on the vignette, though it's not uncommon for such things to be lumped in with the depth of field and colour grading when you go looking with Cheat Engine.

How would I go about finding this with CE? Scan, disable PP effects in menu, scan, enable, scan....etc?
    One3rd said:

One small problem, which is probably more to do with how the timestop (slow) is being accomplished. Is that if you timestop when certain powers are being used, like super sprinting, as soon as you move your finger off the key enabling that power it stops the visual effect. Same thing happens as soon as you enable the freecamera.

I've found that you can use the slew_camera to "freeze" the effect as well as just changing the in-game keybind for sprint to toggle instead of hold.

When you get farther in the game where you start to pick up more powers you'll need to change the CE table keybinds as F2 - F4 are used to swap between these powers. (or change the binds in-game!) Here's the CE Table with those new binds in-case someone needs it.
    Disregard. This isn't based off the latest one Duncan did with the warp to GPS.
  • Update: Fixed links to table and HUD toggle.
  • I used these cheats for freecamera and timestop