Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReShade is in public beta

Comments

• Some details on what the upcoming 0.18.0 version will bring. :)
    http://reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18
    0.18.0:

Added window watcher, which keeps track of window messages and handles keyboard and mouse input
    Added support for numeric escape sequences in string literals to effect parser
    Added error message to setup tool if Visual C++ redistributable is missing
    Changed hook installation to log error status code if hook activation failed
    Changed network traffic monitor to use interlocked operations instead of critical sections for thread-safety
    Fixed effect reloading not working if there was an error during the preprocessor step
    Removed "d3dx9" dependency from 64 bit build since it isn't used there
    Removed support for loading effects from "Sweet.fx" and "ReShade\Common\ReShade.fx". Please use "ReShade.fx" instead.
  • My most wanted change for the upcoming version would be an integrated toggle function. Right now it's impossible to turn all effects on and off with a simple hotkey. That's not on Crosire's plate, of course, but I'm wondering who will be the one to fix it.
  • edited April 2015
    Toggling the individual effects on and off is currently not possible though it can be done by modifying the shader files as ReShade itself supports this functionality if I understood correctly but with the current version of 0.17.1 you can already assign a key to toggle all effects on and off and also set it so the effects start disabled instead of enabled which while mostly a convenience option it can also helps with compatibility as seen for GTA V.
    (However there's no key to reload the settings short of using windowed or borderless mode or just alt-tabbing out and changing something in the config file and saving it which causes ReShade to compile the shader with the new settings but this is also planned to be implemented later on.)

It looks like this in common_settings.cfg
       /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
    / Choose effects /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
    // Effects are listed in the order that they are applied.
    // Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define RFX_Border 0 //[0 or 1] .....
    #define RFX_SplitScreen 0 //[0 or 1] .....
    #define RFX_DisplayDepth 0 //[0 or 1] Display Depth : Enables the possibility to display the depth buffer - You will still need to toogle it on/off with (*) in-game

#define RFX_ToggleKey VK_F10 //Set the key that should toggle the effects On/Off
    #define RFX_DepthToggleKey VK_F11 //Set the key to toggle the depth view On/Off
    #define RFX_Start_Enabled 1 //[0 or 1] Start with the effects enabled or disabled?

/ Border Shader Settings /

/ Split Screen Shader Settings /

#define RFX_SScomparable 1 //[0 or 1] Splits the screen in the middle and draws the same image twice.
    #define RFX_SScomparableStretch 0 //[0 or 1] Shows the full image on each side of the comparable splitscreen
    #define RFX_SSslider 0 //[0 or 1]
    #define RFX_SSsliderSpeed 0.1f //[0 to 1]
    #define RFX_SSaxis 1 //[0 or 1] To select the splitscreen axis; 0 => y; 1 => x
    #define RFX_SSborderWidth 0.005f //[0 to 1]

/ Display Depth /
    #define RFX_Depth_z_near 0.01 //[0.00001 to 100000.0] Camera z near
    #define RFX_Depth_z_far 100.00 //[0.00001 to 100000.0] Camera z far, must be further than the near value.
    (The ToggleKey and DepthToggleKey settings, you can change it to anything you want of course.)

0.18.0 should be all but finished from what I read on the ReShade.me forums, just some more work on the actual shader packs (SweetFx, GemFx and Marty Master Effects) and then it'll be made available for download. :)
  • Strange, no matter what I set that RFX_ToggleKey to, it doesn't allow me to toggle ReShade's combined effects. It does work for you then? Maybe it's simply the game I'm trying this in then (The Evil Within).
  • 0.18.0 is out with further fixes for this so if you haven't already downloaded the new version you could see if this fixes the problem. :)
    (Some people have reported problems with it and further updates are planned to be released for the 0.18.x version.)

There's been I think two updates to it already but the version number is the same on the download site, ReShade's .dll files should have a version number of 0.18.0.832 and 0.18.0.833 respectively in the current version.
  • Yeah, the new release seems to fix my issues. Apparently the toggle function worked in some games and not in others. Seems fine now. Thanks for helping out.
  • edited April 2015
    http://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/214-screenshot-thread?start=474

Not only GTA V, but yeah, only games that actually use a logarithmic depth buffer of course. Only few do, and only modern titles (it's a rather new concept): Assassin's Creed Unity, GTA V, Dead or Alive 5, Dying Light, ...
    Haven't tried yet but maybe ReShade 0.18.0 and this new feature will allow some previous games with issues with the depth buffer hook to work now?
    (I only knew about GTA V using it but it might be more common than I thought in newer games.)

EDIT: Same limitations as before I guess, driver forced MSAA or even in-game MSAA might break depth buffer compatibility with ReShade which will mean effects like DOF and AO (In ReShade, not the games own effects.) won't work very well if at all.

EDIT: No depth buffer access in Assassin's Creed Unity unfortunately, something else is required to make that game fully compatible.
  • http://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/214-screenshot-thread?start=474

Not only GTA V, but yeah, only games that actually use a logarithmic depth buffer of course. Only few do, and only modern titles (it's a rather new concept): Assassin's Creed Unity, GTA V, Dead or Alive 5, Dying Light, ...
    Haven't tried yet but maybe ReShade 0.18.0 and this new feature will allow some previous games with issues with the depth buffer hook to work now?
    (I only knew about GTA V using it but it might be more common than I thought in newer games.)

EDIT: Same limitations as before I guess, driver forced MSAA or even in-game MSAA might break depth buffer compatibility with ReShade which will mean effects like DOF and AO (In ReShade, not the games own effects.) won't work very well if at all.

EDIT: No depth buffer access in Assassin's Creed Unity unfortunately, something else is required to make that game fully compatible.
    AC: Unity uses Logarithmic Depth, same goes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, more modern games tend to use it..
  • Good to know. :)

Also I forgot to post this yesterday but 0.18.1 is out with two changes to ReShade and it also includes the newest version of the "Framework" shader pack. - http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/566-reshade-framework-released-5102-04-28-1120

( http://reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18 )
    0.18.1:

Fixed crash when last line of an effect file was an "#include" directive
    Removed Visual C++ redistributable dependency, now works without it being installed
  • Good to know. :)

Also I forgot to post this yesterday but 0.18.1 is out with two changes to ReShade and it also includes the newest version of the "Framework" shader pack. - http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/566-reshade-framework-released-5102-04-28-1120

( http://reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18 )

0.18.1:

Fixed crash when last line of an effect file was an "#include" directive
    Removed Visual C++ redistributable dependency, now works without it being installed

What is your username over on Reshade forums?, I'm modding over there under name of 'strelokgunslinger'
  • edited May 2015
    I'm terrible when it comes to thinking up usernames so here I'm JonasBeckman and over at ReShade I go by the somewhat shortened JBeckman, not that many posts as I usually just passively browse the forums but sometimes I do post a comment here and there.
  • edited May 2015
    0.18.2 is out with a small fix for D3D9 games.
    http://reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18?limitstart=0
    0.18.2:

Fixed D3D9 half texel offset correction only working for backbuffer sized textures
    Removed "Use at your own risk!" warning message from welcome text
    Framework has also been updated with various improvements and bug fixes.
    http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/617-reshade-framework-released-5102-05-05-0105?limitstart=0
    This update features::

!Greatly! (up to 300%!) increased performance and decreased compilation time of the adaptation algorithm and therefore of all dependent shader such as ambient light and color map
    Fixed all SMAA issues
    Fixed UI-Mask Helper issue with dx9 (in source thanks to Crosire)
    Fixed issue with automated performance check
    Added Technicolor2 shader and updated Nostalgia shader for SweetFX suite
  • 0.18.3 is out with a few more fixes, I think it's the same shader pack version as 0.18.2 but I haven't compared the files yet. :)
    0.18.3:

Changed Direct310/11 handling of multisampling to copy the backbuffer instead of replacing it
    Fixed hook manager not catching modules loaded via "LoadLibraryEx"
    Fixed effects applied multiple times if game called "IDXGISwapChain::Present" without doing any drawing in between
  • Man, these are coming out fast and furious. I just installed 0.18.1. Lovely work happening over at ReShade.me!
  • *something something* UE3 *something something* depth buffer access