Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReShade is in public beta

Comments

• It is a pretty easy fix though.
    sampler2D SamplerColorLDR
    {
    Texture = texColor;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = LINEAR;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerColorHDR1
    {
    Texture = texColorHDR1;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = LINEAR;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerColorHDR2
    {
    Texture = texColorHDR2;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = LINEAR;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerMagicDOF
    {
    Texture = texMagicDOF;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = LINEAR;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

#if (USE_RAYMARCH_AO == 1)
    sampler2D SamplerAO
    {
    Texture = texAO;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = LINEAR;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerAO2
    {
    Texture = texAO2;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = LINEAR;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };
    #endif

sampler2D SamplerDepth
    {
    Texture = texDepth;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = NONE;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerNoise
    {
    Texture = texNoise;
    MinFilter = POINT;
    MagFilter = POINT;
    MipFilter = NONE;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerDirt
    {
    Texture = texDirt;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = NONE;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };

sampler2D SamplerLut
    {
    Texture = texLut;
    MinFilter = LINEAR;
    MagFilter = LINEAR;
    MipFilter = NONE;
    AddressU = Clamp;
    AddressV = Clamp;
    SRGBTexture=FALSE;
    MaxMipLevel=0;
    MipMapLodBias=0;
    };
    You just change the ones that have MaxMipLevel=8 to MaxMipLevel=0 although a new version of MasterEffect is probably coming out soon and it'll have this fixed too. :)

EDIT:
    http://pastebin.com/QH2ihpVk

That's a pastebin of the entire file after these edits (But nothing else has been changed.) should you want it.
  • Can anyone re-upload it? The mediafire link isn't moving for me.
  • edited March 2015
    ReShade 0.15.0 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Preview 4.7z
    http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/85BwRdJK/file.html

I tried the Mediafire link and it worked here but I noticed the .dll files had a newer date now so there must have been a bug in the initial 0.15.0 release. :)
    (SweetFX_settings.txt also had a newer file date compared to the first release of 0.15.0 )

EDIT: The .dll files had a version number of 0.15.0.714 and this new version has the version number 0.15.0.717

EDIT:
    http://reshade.me/forum/releases/7-public-beta?start=90

Nothing to problematic, seems the first release of 0.15.0 did not update the shaders by hot reloading them or what it's called if you alt-tab out and change settings in the .fx file or .txt file while the game was running.
    (So now it's once again easier to test changes without having to exit the game in between.)

EDIT: MasterEffect has been updated to version 1.0.341 which fixes the above compatibility issue without the user having to manually alter the file, however it does not add any other changes besides this fix.
    http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-mastereffect/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread?start=204#1964

EDIT: ReShade or rather SweetFx 2.0 has been updated to Preview 5 with some improvements to the ASCII shader and a few tweaks to global.h which I'm not quite sure what those do.

As such the download for ReShade 0.15.0 has been updated once again to include this new version of SweetFx.

Oh and there's a Cel-shading outline and paint shader effect available here:
    http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/261-paint-effect-and-depth-buffer-based-cel-shading#1985

Instructions on how to merge it with SweetFx 2.0 is pretty straightforward but SweetFx_settings.txt looks like this afterwards:
    http://pastebin.com/mv2susNx
    (Yes the file still says Preview 3, this was not updated in either preview 4 or preview 5 but will be changed for preview 6 I believe which is currently under development.)

And Sweet.fx looks like this:
    http://pastebin.com/M7WxvmsJ
  • edited March 2015
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5025208&postcount=534

I've updated SweetFX 2.0 beta to preview 6.

Since Crosire haven't been online today, I've put it up myself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w38r7myyhb6j8c/SweetFX 2.0 preview 6.7z?dl=0

It improves the Ascii shader with a better 3x5 font and an option to quickly swap the font and background color.
    It also improves performance overall, and has support for the new seperate FPS and Clock counters.
    I've also gone over the code and cleaned it up and fixed a warning in the DPX shader.

Let me know if you find any bugs and let me know what you'd most like to see in SweetFX.

EDIT: Also contains the full ReShade injector at a newer version. :)
    (0.15.1 build 730 for x86 and 727 for x64)

EDIT: Preview 7, fixes a few bugs in the previous version of SweetFx 2.0
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5025393&postcount=542
    (It was a pretty extensive change from preview 5 and earlier as far as I could tell by using WinMerge to compare the files, some of the shader files have been changed extensively too and a few are merged or no longer used.)

• EDIT: Also contains the full ReShade injector at a newer version. :)
    (0.15.1 build 730 for x86 and 727 for x64)

This happened by accident. That unstable build was meant for internal use and the one contained in the preview was thus reverted back to the public 0.15.0 build. =)
  • edited March 2015
    Oh I see, had no idea but that probably explains the crash issues and a few other problems I've had with preview 6 and 7, good to know. :)
    (Thought it was part of some optimizations or other fixes for the actual injector, it has worked fairly well actually with mostly some few shader compile errors so pretty minor stuff aside from in Assassins Creed: Rogue which frequently crashed when ReShade was enabled.)
  • http://reshade.me/forum/releases/318-0-16

Changes for upcoming version 0.16.0
    0.16.0:

Replaced logging library with own (lighter) implementation
    Added separate FPS and clock overlays, enabled via "#pragma reshade showfps" and "#pragma reshade showclock"
    Added status message when toggling techniques, enabled via "#pragma reshade showtogglemessage"
    Added "R16F", "RG16", "RG16F" and "RG32F" texture formats
    Added "WRAP" alias for the "REPEAT" texture addressing value again
    Added "tex2Dgrad" and "tex2Dproj" intrinsics
    Changed runtime to update constants per technique instead of per pass and aligned technique and pass performance
    Changed "__RENDERER__" preprocessor macro to be more detailed about feature levels and shader model version
    Fixed framerate to be averaged over multiple frames
    Fixed "tex2Dgather" and "tex2Dgatheroffset" not working on shader models below 4.1
    Fixed parser not producing syntax error in top level when encountering unexpected tokens
    Fixed missing warnings if effect was parsed successfully
    Fixed effect parser to only accept two-dimensional textures for the "RenderTarget" pass state
    Fixed driver-bug-related invalid pixel format error during OpenGL context creation with workaround
    Fixed D3D8 texture copying failing when copying non-rendertargets between default and system memory pool
    Fixed OpenGL crash due to use of TLS
    Fixed ReShade to GLSL compiler error when using floating point values to index into arrays
    Removed effect language support for uniform structs
  • i hope this will work with windows 8.1
  • edited March 2015
    So far I've only encountered game specific issues and with these latest beta builds of ReShade that has been reduced to a near minimum by now, OS itself has not caused any problems in my use of ReShade but I do know others have had issues with it under W8 / 8.1 that were not present when they tested with Windows 7 so there might be something that needs to be adjusted before it's fully compatible across various hardware and software combinations, injector is pretty complicated as far as I've understood so testing is probably pretty complex though now in a open beta there's more systems to test against and more people posting log files helping development further, OpenGL and D3D8 compatibility seems to have really benefited from this though D3D10/D3D11 (DXGI) and D3D9 has also seen various improvements though it will probably be a while before ReShade is out of beta status. :)
    (Other overlays from programs such as UPlay, Steam, Origin or Fraps, MSI AB and RP can also cause compatibility problems - in newer releases of UPlay and Origin compatibility should be better, probably same with Steam. - , I unfortunately do not know if this is made worse with Windows 8 or 8.1 over W7 but there are some changes to DirectX that did make it difficult for older injectors to work properly.)

Would also be nice if this could be made to handle downsampling, especially now with GeDoSaTo in a bit of a hiatus or how to say it as there's been no activity on it's Githhub page for months both for new "commits" and also for merging new pull requests or even comments on the Issues section for reported bugs.
    (Thankfully GeDo does work relatively well under D3D9 as of the current version though D3D10 and D3D11 compatibility would be great but that's probably even more complicated, plus there's OpenGL as well even if it's not used as often as DirectX is.)

EDIT: Crosire posted a new update on version 0.16
    Update: 0.16.0 fixes compatibility with Unity 5 Dx11 games (Cities: Skyline, etc.), which no longer worked with any graphics related injector (InjectSMAA, Boulotaurs, ...). It also works with Unreal Engine 4.7 (Unreal Tournament, etc.) now, where it previously failed.
  • Nice to hear about Unreal Tournament.

Now for the gazlillion UE3 games with no depth buffer access :P
  • edited March 2015
    MasterEffect has been updated to version 1.1.111

1.1.111: Major update: Rewritten from ground up for better performance and efficiency, moved configuation to MasterEffect.ini, moved all extra resources to MasterEffect folder, combined all AO and DOF techniques for easier configuration, new config layout, added HUD masking, added HDR level parameter for easy rendering bit depth switching, numerous bugfixes. Compatible only to ReShade 0.15.0+
    Going by the forum discussion SMAA does not seem to work at the moment and FXAA plus TiltShift is not available at the moment but will be re-added shortly, LeiFX seems to have been cut for now.

EDIT: SMAA does work but you need to change HDRLevel from the default value of 0 to either 1 or 2 :)
    (Changes the rendering from the default RGB8A to either RGBA16F or RGBA32F which I guess are float values for HDR, 8 is probably more optimized but might not work with all effects.)

(Also config file is MasterEffect.h now and not ReShade.fx)

EDIT: Oh and this line in ReShade.fx

technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1; toggle = 0x20; >

Controls which key toggles the effects on and off, by default it's spacebar (Per the keycodes.txt file in the docs folder with SweetFx 2.0.) so I changed it to 0x7A instead which is F11
    (As to not have the effect going on and off every time I jump in most games.)
  • http://reshade.me/#download
    Replaced logging library with own (lighter) implementation
    Added separate FPS and clock overlays, enabled via "#pragma reshade showfps" and "#pragma reshade showclock"
    Added status message when toggling techniques, enabled via "#pragma reshade showtogglemessage"
    Added "R16F", "RG16", "RG16F" and "RG32F" texture formats
    Added "WRAP" alias for the "REPEAT" texture addressing value again
    Added "tex2Dgrad" and "tex2Dproj" intrinsics
    Added "toggle" option to "key" annotation
    Added effect parser error when initializer or return expression don't match the corresponding type
    Added effect parser error when sampler of texture variables are declared inside function bodies
    Added array initialization which fills unprovided elements with zero to effect parser
    Added effect parser error when parsing an invalid function parameter declaration
    Added hooks for OpenGL pbuffer extensions
    Changed runtime to update constants per technique instead of per pass and aligned technique and pass performance
    Changed "__RENDERER__" preprocessor macro to be more detailed about feature levels and shader model version
    Changed OpenGL hooks to only initialize runtime on render context if it is used for presentation
    Changed D3D8 shader assembly conversion to fix a number of issues preventing usage under D3D9
    Changed status overlay text color to gray for better readibility in bright scenes
    Changed filesystem monitor to only reload shaders if the modified file was added via "#include"
    Fixed framerate to be averaged over multiple frames
    Fixed "tex2Dgather" and "tex2Dgatheroffset" not working on shader models below 4.1
    Fixed parser not producing syntax error in top level when encountering unexpected tokens
    Fixed missing warnings if effect was parsed successfully
    Fixed effect parser to only accept two-dimensional textures for the "RenderTarget" pass state
    Fixed invalid pixel format error during OpenGL context creation because of applications using the undocumented "wglSetPixelFormat" directly
    Fixed D3D8 texture copying failing when copying non-rendertargets between default and system memory pool
    Fixed OpenGL crash due to use of TLS
    Fixed ReShade to GLSL compiler error when using floating point values to index into arrays
    Fixed "CreateDXGIFactory[1]" not hooking "IDXGIFactory2" swapchain creation methods
    Fixed D3D8 hooks not setting interface arguments to nullptr on failure
    Fixed D3D8 texturing issues for games attempting to use "D3DFMT_R8G8B8"
    Fixed effect compilation failing without error if the "RenderTargetWriteMask" pass state was used
    Fixed runtimes doing cleanup even when they are not currently initialized
    Fixed OpenGL hooks switching runtime every frame if game uses pbuffers
    Removed effect language support for uniform structs
    Removed log message when "IDirect3DDevice8::GetDeviceCaps" is called

Also for MasterEffect post 304 and 5 respectively in these two threads explains how to fix two bugs with the SMAA shader. :)

http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-mastereffect/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread?start=300

http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-mastereffect/331-new-master-effects-no-longer-compatible-with-doom
  • edited March 2015
    Current changes for upcoming version 0.17.0
    http://reshade.me/forum/releases/378-0-17

0.17.0:

Added warning message to screen if unable to load the source image for a texture
    Added namespaces to shader language
    Added "__APPLICATION__" predefined preprocessor macro containing the application name hash
    Added missing effect parser error message when encountering an invalid struct member declaration
    Added component parameter to "tex2Dgather" and "tex2Dgatheroffset" intrinsics
    Added log messages on destroying hooked Direct3D/DXGI objects
    Changed keyboard polling so that multiple techniques can use the same toggle key now
    Fixed D3D8 vertex shader reassembling failure when "mov" instruction from vector register to scalar output register was used
    Fixed GLSL translation not handling shader input and output arrays
    Fixed D3D reference counting
    Fixed D3D9 texture offset intrinsics and added support for "tex2Dsize" there
    Fixed effect techniques not being applied in the order they were defined in the effect files
    Changed "ID3D10DepthStencilView::Release" and "ID3D11DepthStencilView::Release" hooks back to VTable hooking
    MasterEffect Reborn was updated to version 1.1.190, some tweaks and also adds support for HBAO ambient occlusion (Not HBAO+) and Global Illumination plus Heat haze effects.

http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-mastereffect/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread?limitstart=0

Changelog:
    1.1.190: Modified AO sharpness to use linearized depth instead of raw depth, produces better AO in far areas. Added HBAO. Added Global Illumination. Added Heathaze effect. Added togglekey support. Added info overlay when compiling (disableable at end of config file). Slightly altered config layout.
    1.1.115: Fixed compiler errors on ReShade 0.16.0 and earlier (only on OpenGL), fixed SMAA not working, modified masking to prevent the masked areas affecting non-masked areas.
    1.1.111: Major update: Rewritten from ground up for better performance and efficiency, moved configuation to MasterEffect.ini, moved all extra resources to MasterEffect folder, combined all AO and DOF techniques for easier configuration, new config layout, added HUD masking, added HDR level parameter for easy rendering bit depth switching, numerous bugfixes. Compatible only to ReShade 0.15.0+
    1.0.341: Fixed compatibility with ReShade 0.15.0+
    1.0.340: Added Raymarched AO, Chapman's lensflare. Fixed several code parts, fixed splitscreen not working for Magic DOF.
    1.0.321 Added magic DOF shader, a hexagonal DOF that is capable of creating insane blur amounts. Due to its nature, this method most likely produces some minor artifacts.
    1.0.315: fixed mipmap count, modified SSAO for more performance, added lensflare blur, added FXAA, fixed depth check for lighting effects
    1.0.302: initial release
    And now there's also two new shader packs available.

http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/372-ppfx-shaderpack-1-03-25-ssdo-gi-and-much-more

http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/380-greatfx-v0-2b-by-petkagta
  • edited March 2015
    0.17.0 has been released, besides the above changes the biggest difference is that this version introduces the shader framework so it combines MasterEffect, SweetFx, GemFX and a set of custom shaders.

Configuring the new version is a little bit different since it now includes the effects from all these shader packs via different .cfg files but it should make things easier for the authors of these shader packs and it ensures compatibility between them. :)

EDIT: There's a small typo in one of the GemFx shader files.
    http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/401-reshade-framework-released-5102-03-29-4151?start=6

So .\Reshade\GemFx\Util.h:

Is:

//Stuff all/most of GemFX shared shaders need
    NAMESPACE_ENTER(GFX)
    #define GFX_SETTINGS_DEF "ReShade/GemFX_settings.cfg"
    #define GFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/GemFX_settings.cfg"

#include GFX_SETTINGS_DEF

#include GFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF

NAMESPACE_LEAVE()
    Should be:

//Stuff all/most of GemFX shared shaders need
    NAMESPACE_ENTER(GFX)
    #define GFX_SETTINGS_DEF "ReShade/GemFX_settings.cfg"
    #define GFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/GemFX_settings.undef"

#include GFX_SETTINGS_DEF

#include GFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF

NAMESPACE_LEAVE()
  • http://reshade.me/forum/releases/378-0-17
    0.17.1:

Fixed crash after recompiling effect when statistics overlay was enabled
    Fixed "LoadLibraryA" and "LoadLibraryW" hooks behaving slow when reference to injector module itself was requested
    Removed dependency on "ID3D10StateBlock" by using own implementation