Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReShade is in public beta

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I'm not using any AA in Darksiders 2. I'm launching it in a window. I still get a black screen. I'll ask Natty for his files and see if that helps.

I don't think Durante is too concerned with ReShade right now. He's put off working on GeDoSaTo for the most part. He's probably a good deal away from DX11 compatibility still. Maybe the donations stopped rolling in.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm having the same black screen in KiD when enabling ReShade. It works without GeDoSaTo but with it I get a black screen when enabling any effects. Hmmm, I probably still have SMAA and postfx enabled in GeDo, could that be the problem? (not the problem, still black)

Edit: I really don't want to run this in a window, the game worked so well with swapping resolutions!
    Edit2: works in windowed mode but can't go beyond screen res.

It looks like the latest mastereffect doesn't have a key toggle. If yours doesn't and you haven't already, add the following to ReShade.fx to assign as the toggle.

Add this in the #define section;
    #define VK_SCROLL         0x91
    #define ReShade_ToggleKey VK_SCROLL
    And change this line:
    technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1; >
    with this one:
    technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = true; int toggle = ReShade_ToggleKey; >

What are you all using for AA with mastereffect reborn? It now seems to have an FXAA shader but I'm not much of a fan of FXAA. Has anyone moved an SMAA shader yet?
  • I believe someone on the ReShade forum tried semi-succesfully to move over an SMAA shader. I'm now using the FXAA shader, and that works quite well. I've found that when you're using it at resolutions of 6K and over, the blurring is minimal, and the AA works quite well.
  • edited January 2015
    I might have a look at that. Your right though at those resolutions and over FXAA is pretty good, I can still see aliasing at 4k though and that is all I can get out of KiD as it doesn't seem to want to render windowed at anything over my screen resolution.

I'm not using any AA in Darksiders 2. I'm launching it in a window. I still get a black screen. I'll ask Natty for his files and see if that helps.

I don't think Durante is too concerned with ReShade right now. He's put off working on GeDoSaTo for the most part. He's probably a good deal away from DX11 compatibility still. Maybe the donations stopped rolling in.

I got Darksiders2 running with ReShade but not with ReShade + GeDoSaTo. Were you having the black screen with just Reshade? I can't even get both to startup , the game just crashes on load. And there isn't another option for the HUD other than GeDo is there?
  • Can you do driver chaining with ReShade?
  • Darksiders 2 + ReShade is not a problem. It's only when I introduce GeDoSaTo into the mix that I get a black screen.

There's no other way to toggle HUD in Darksiders 2 other than overlapping screenshots and doing a pano (like Natty is doing).
  • There's no way I know to do driver chaining with ReShade. It coexists with GeDoSaTo when I'm doing Transformers, so there's something.
  • edited January 2015
    ReShade changelog:
    http://reshade.me/forum/releases/7-public-beta
    Changelog:

0.13.0:

Added status code to log messages on hooking error
    Added some more error handling to OpenGL renderer
    Added tracelog message for return values of important hooked functions
    Added error log message if OpenGL effect runtime initialization failed
    Fixed ReShade to GLSL compiler error with matrix swizzeling
    Fixed errors and black screens with OpenGL games using shared contexts (rewrote entire OpenGL hooking)
    Fixed D3D9 renderer trying to generate mipmaps on rendertargets which don't have them
    Fixed D3D9 renderer not being able to render to textures bigger than the backbuffer dimensions
    Fixed OpenGL renderer not clearing default depthstencil before starting to render a technique
    Fixed readme talking about OpenGL 4.0 requirement when actually OpenGL 4.3 is needed
    Changed OpenGL depthstencil detection algorithm to take slightly missized candidates into account
    Removed tripple buffering from D3D9
    Removed unused DXGI hooks (D3DKMT... and all that stuff)

0.12.0:

Added option to change screenshot format via "#pragma reshade screenshot_format png/bmp"
    Added proper bridge between DXGI and Direct3D10/11 hooks
    Fixed D3D10/11 renderers sometimes using the hooked device and not the original one
    Fixed D3D11 renderer not restoring viewports
    Fixed D3D9 hooks crashing if device was created with "D3DDEVTYPE_NULLREF"
    Changed "ID3D11Device[Context]" hook to only hook "ID3D11Device[Context]1" interface if actually queried by the game
    Removed setup tool from non-SweetFX version (that one is for shader devlopers anyway)

0.11.4: (HOTFIX, non-critical)

Fixed vendor and device id not being detected correctly under OpenGL

0.11.3:

Fixed crash if "D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain" or "D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain" were called with a null pointer for the device parameter
    Fixed "IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers" hook logging an incorrect swapchain description
    Fixed "wglChoosePixelFormatARB" hook logging invalid formats
    Update NanoVG

0.11.2:

Added warning if hooked interface reference counts do not match the original ones
    Fixed "IDirect3DDevice8::CopyRects" failing in too many cases. Fixes a good amount of texturing issues in D3D8 games.
    Fixed crashes with some D3D8 games calling "IDirect3DDevice8::GetDepthStencilView" (more of a hotfix, but works for now)

0.11.1:

Fixed Origin overlay compatibility
    Fixed no rendering in some OpenGL games using multiple device contexts pointing to the same window
    Fixed D3D8 adapter mode enumeration always failing

0.11.0:

Replaced entire D3D10/11 VTable hooking with interface hooking (might improve compatibility).
    Added compiler warning message when texture "MipLevel" property is set to "0".
    Fixed D3D8 games using "IDirect3DDevice8::ValidateDevice" producing errors.
    Fixed D3D8 error when "IDirect3DDevice8::SetVertexShader" is called with a vertex declaration only.
    Fixed D3D8 to D3D9 vertex shader conversion failing under certain circumstances.
    Fixed D3D8 wrapper causing memory failures because the "GetLevelDesc" method was returning the D3D9 and not the converted description.
    Fixed possible (but unlikely) crashes at startup due to loader lock.
    Fixed hooking manager sometimes hooking an already hooked function.
    Updated stb_image to version 2.0
    Removed support for uncommon image formats (PSD, TGA, HDR, PIC and PNM)

0.10.0:

First bublic beta release.

Master Effect changelog:
    http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/88-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread

Changelog:
    1.0.340: Added Raymarched AO, Chapman's lensflare. Fixed several code parts, fixed splitscreen not working for Magic DOF.
    1.0.321 Added magic DOF shader, a hexagonal DOF that is capable of creating insane blur amounts. Due to its nature, this method most likely produces some minor artifacts.
    1.0.315: fixed mipmap count, modified SSAO for more performance, added lensflare blur, added FXAA, fixed depth check for lighting effects
    1.0.302: initial release

WIP/planned
    - Fixing what user matsilagi already fixed inofficially | done
    - Lensflare calculation using bloom blurring algorithm | cancelled, downsampling is enough
    - adding Chapman's lensflare

Planned(may appear someday)
    - Alchemy SAO (right now too hard for me to understand and port)
    - My own DOF shader (fully working under ENBSeries but...it's my baby, I want to keep it for a while :blush: )
    - Updating border shader to support bigger border, currently 1 pixel wide
    - rewrite LeiFX (stupid thing, author created unnecessarily messy code so rewriting it is difficult when nobody understands HOW it is actually working, implementation was hard enough)
    - Make internally used gaussian H/V blur generic, which means freely selectable tap amount and quality, useful for low blur radii

I figured it might be useful to keep these up to date so I'll try to maintain them when new versions are released. :)

EDIT: Also for ReShade 0.12 you might want to check ReShade's .dll files and see if the version number is correct, initially a older build was uploaded. :)
    (It should be 0.12.0.640, if it's 0.12.0.638 you have the older build.)
  • edited January 2015
    I think Marty is eventually going to get SMAA working.. but who knows... just have to wait.

Reshade 0.13 coming soon, been testing games with Crosire, Wolfenstein will get fixed if anyone was wondering, and probably Talos Principle

Edit:, If you find games that work, try post on the Reshade forums, if not already.. people are working on adding to the compatibility list http://reshade.me/compatibility
  • Aside from the depth buffer not working correctly in a few games 0.12 has been compatible with nearly everything I've tried it with aside from AC: Unity, I just checked the ReShade website and it looks like 0.13 is now available for download so hopefully that little issue will be fixed though going by the log file Unity has other issues too. :)
    (Far Cry 4 is weird as well, sometimes the depth buffer work and other times it's either pure white or pure black, apparently the game might work the same as other Dunia engine games and clears said buffer so no wonder it's not working then, heh.)
  • Aside from the depth buffer not working correctly in a few games 0.12 has been compatible with nearly everything I've tried it with aside from AC: Unity, I just checked the ReShade website and it looks like 0.13 is now available for download so hopefully that little issue will be fixed though going by the log file Unity has other issues too. :)
    (Far Cry 4 is weird as well, sometimes the depth buffer work and other times it's either pure white or pure black, apparently the game might work the same as other Dunia engine games and clears said buffer so no wonder it's not working then, heh.)

All AC games have issues
  • Hmm, I guess that means that Anvil / AnvilNext is simply a difficult game engine to make compatible with ReShade then, wonder why but it'll probably be solved eventually. :)
  • edited January 2015
    these games not working

Bound by Flame
    Alice Madness Returns
    Dark Souls 1

Oddworld Stranger... works only with SweetFX version but not with MasterEffects (black screen)
  • Dark Souls is working. The problem is getting it to look good.
  • I have black screen when I put reshade in game but my game still run under GFWL. Today I will try full steam support. Maybe GFWL is problem.