Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReShade is in public beta

Official website

A compatibility list is available.
Add any games not already that you've found to work (or partially) on Crosire's forum.

ReShade is a post processing injector capable of accessing the depth buffer in OpenGL and DirectX (8-11) games. It finally exists, and the initial results are pretty impressive.

I've only played with it a little bit in Lords of the Fallen (DX11), but it works perfectly. Here's the depth buffer visualization (you can play like this if you really want to).

Marty McFly of ENB modding fame has ported over MasterEffect to ReShade. This gives us a handy suite of Depth of Field, SSAO, bloom, and other fancy shaders to play with. Here are a few shots to demonstrate (mostly bokeh DoF and bloom).

imageimageimage

Comments

• Reshade works with Dolphin ( Wii Emulator )

• Maybe we could use this thread to share which games work and maybe some finished configs? Anyhoo. Works with the Transformers games and GeDoSaTo:

imageimage
  • Midhras said:

Maybe we could use this thread to share which games work and maybe some finished configs? Anyhoo. Works with the Transformers games and GeDoSaTo:

Sounds like a good idea. I was a bit (very) perplexed (lost) when trying to figure out how to setup those shaders.

This works with *both* Transformers games?
  • edited January 2015
    Midhras said:

I can see it working with most games, I still want to test it on Doom 3 BFG with HD textures using teh mod launcher ... incoming swag
    One3rd said:

Midhras said:

Maybe we could use this thread to share which games work and maybe some finished configs? Anyhoo. Works with the Transformers games and GeDoSaTo:

Sounds like a good idea. I was a bit (very) perplexed (lost) when trying to figure out how to setup those shaders.

This works with *both* Transformers games?
    Someone posted this not sure if you saw?
    http://reshade.me/forum/shaders-presentation/57-master-effect-unofficial-fixes#255
    I assume Jim is using this

Tilt-shift FC4 Overkill Post Processing
    http://i.imgur.com/XQ3ZqMs.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/EEloqsN.jpg

Also even though DkS2 has enb support boris has stopped working on it, because he thinks the game is too impossibly difficult to play..

• edited January 2015
    @Midhras

I'm trying this out in a game that we know works first but having some initial troubles. [Note to self: remember to disable everything that could interfere first like Steam overlay, Fraps, MSI (wouldn't even load with this enabled)]

I'm having a problem in Transformers where the screen is black. Both GeSoDaTo and ReShade seem to load but then the screen goes black. What settings did you need to use in GeDoSaTo so that ReShade would work?

Edit: SMAA seems to interfere, I'm disabling that but I still have a black screen.
    edit2: I now have MasterEffect ReBorn loading (was using the SeetFX version previously) and working but as soon as I try to use GeDoSaTo it still craps out with a black screen and then shuts down and restarts the game continuously. I think I'm going to play some DA:I, that was only crashing every 20-30 minutes.
    edit3: I started playing with the shaders in MasterEffect ReBorn and oh my does this change things. Who needs new games when you can just pimp your old ones!
  • I had to disable any and all inspector tweaks to AA&AF. if I didn't... Black screen.
  • This setting is required for SweetFX to word with GDST, so it's probably required for ReShade too:

interceptOnlySystemDlls true
  • The depth access doesn't work if any form of AA is activated. So make sure hardware anti aliasing is disabled.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm running GDST with ReShade without InterceptOnlySystemDlls true. Or at least I'm pretty positive that this is the case, having ran through all the settings twice last night to figure out what the particular sequence of events was that would prevent the game engine to keep resizing the rendered area to 1920x1080 instead of sticking with the GeDoSaTo resolutions. I still haven't figured that one out. Maybe it's just totally random.

Our hobby is so very much NOT just hitting the screengrab button. It's a whole lot of fucking around and then hitting that infernal button in exasperation. Often for me this results in grabbing an inferior shot to just at least get a shot to begin with, after all that fuss.
    I wish I was more in control of my urges though.
  • ^ too true. Very exasperated with this at the moment.

I was able to conclude that the problem is something to do with the GeDoSaTo rendering. As long as I am running GeDoSaTo + ReShade at my native resolution then everything is fine. As soon as I change the resolution to a GeDoSaTo one the screen goes black but the game is still running...or it crashes and for some reason Steam keeps restarting it.

If I remove ReShade and just use GeDoSaTo then it works fine rendering whatever I throw at it; conversely, just using ReShade at native resolution works.

All NVidia overrides are disabled so that is not an issue...has to be something with GeDo. Mid, can you send me your config that you are using and I'll try that tomorrow. You using 0.16.1759?
  • I think I'm using your config One3rd. This is my GeDoSaTo_user.ini. I'm on 0.16.1759, yeah... and I did unload pretty much everything that might conflict. I'm running the game windowed, as fullscreen will result in a crash. I usually have to start the game a couple (or a dozen) times to get it to a state where it will auto-render at my chosen GDST resolution instead of switching back to 16:9 native every time I save my ReShade config file. I have no clue what will cause it to choose GeDoSaTo's resolution yet. Very weird.

It's amazing how well the game runs at 3240p by the way. I wish I could push it past 19MP without losing high resolution textures; aliasing is still a problem and I think I can't get SMAA or MSAA to work with this set-up.
  • could someone contact the guy who made Reshade and ask him if it's possible to use it for TV feed capture ??
  • You could do so yourself on the Reshade.me forums. He's called Crosire.
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks Midhras, that helped. It looks like running it windowed allows both to work and now I see what you were going on about the resolution menu and not being able to change it with the mouse (hmm...this seemed to get fixed when using SRWE to resize to the new AR). Too bad we need to use windowed mode as the resolutions and AR switching worked great in full-screen. Also, GeDo doesn't seem to want to take a screenshot in windowed mode for some reason.

Edit: SRWE is just forcing it back to 1920x1080. How are you resizing the window?
  • I take screenshots using ReShade (PRT SCR). Whenever I resize the window using SRWE, it reverts to native. So I'm stuck with 16:9, or playing with a stretched screen. THIS GAME!