Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE]Spec Ops: The Line

Comments

• So I was gonna give Spec Ops a shot to take a little break from Killer Is Dead. I love shooting the game but it is breaking my brain a little and I need to stay grounded with the shooting right now. Everything is mostly hunky dory except for the "No Hud" thing. It simple doesn't work for me. I fresh installed and DL'd a .ini off the net which has the no HUD bound to F1, if it worked I could simple change the binding and building the guide up around it, but nope. Just doesn't work for me for whatever strange reason.

It's only when you try to poke them in the organs and make them do cheeky things that you realise how picky and uncooperative games can be. lol
  • Where did you get the ini file? That might be one my older ones before jim came up with the CE Table. I think he has F1 bound to something in the table already...although this could be changed on the fly as well.

I'll have a look and find my config files if you want...just not sure what stage they were in, I remember playing around with the shadow banding fix as it was doing some bad things to small shadows close up, acting as a low-pass filter.
  • The GeDoSaTo hud toggle should work though. When you pause the game, the only thing on screen should be the pause symbol... which GeDoSaTo can hide.
  • Here are the ini files I'm currently using. The input file needs to have entries for new binds added to the [SRGame.YPlayerInput3] section of SRInput.ini.
    Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="showhud")
    Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="FOV 30",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="FOV 15",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FOV 40",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FOV 20",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="FOV 50",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="FOV 0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="FOV 60",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="FOV 70",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="Slomo 0.1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="Slomo 1.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="Slomo 0.3",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="Show FOG",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="Show POSTPROCESS",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="P",Command="TogglePause")
    Bindings=(Name="Seven",Command="setres 3840x2160",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Seven",Command="setres 7680x4320",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Eight",Command="setres 3200x3200",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Eight",Command="setres 6600x6600",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Nine",Command="setres 3600x4800",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Nine",Command="setres 5250x7000",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Zero",Command="setres 3840x1620",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Zero",Command="setres 9600x4050",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

I also noticed that the decrypter/encrypter link in the OP is linking back to the CE table instead, I'll try finding that as well then you can edit these files as needed.
  • The GeDoSaTo hud toggle should work though. When you pause the game, the only thing on screen should be the pause symbol... which GeDoSaTo can hide.

Good point! I'd forgotten about that. Shouldn't need the HUD toggle bind at all!
  • edited January 2015
    One3rd said:

Where did you get the ini file? That might be one my older ones before jim came up with the CE Table. I think he has F1 bound to something in the table already...although this could be changed on the fly as well.

I'll have a look and find my config files if you want...just not sure what stage they were in, I remember playing around with the shadow banding fix as it was doing some bad things to small shadows close up, acting as a low-pass filter.

It's just a random file that includes the HUD toggle option. I found it when tracking down the decryption/encryption .exes.

The GeDoSaTo hud toggle should work though. When you pause the game, the only thing on screen should be the pause symbol... which GeDoSaTo can hide.

When I pause the game the little gun and ammo count down in the bottom corner remain for some reason.

Edit : Thanks for the files one3rd! Will give them a shot and see what happens. :)
  • Hmm..maybe you do need that HUD toggle then. Probably why I left it in my current ini file.
  • One3rd said:

Hmm..maybe you do need that HUD toggle then. Probably why I left it in my current ini file.

Yeah, sadly still no joy even with you .ini files. A fun little mystery to try and solve for the rest of the day for me. :)
  • I just tried this with those files I sent you and it seems to be working for me. After pausing the game (this allows the free camera script to grab the correct camera values), then press "F1" to enable the camera script and you should be able to move around with numpad. Next press "F2" for the in-game HUD and then whatever you have bound to GeDo HUD toggle to get rid of the remaining pause icon. Should give you a clean image like this one I just took.

We'll figure this thing out. What is happening for you and what are the steps you are going through?
  • Okay, if I Pause the game and then activate the free camera the camera won't work. If I activate the free camera and then Pause it does. GeDoSaTo will remove the pause symbol from the screen but no other Hud element. F2 simply doesn't work at all for some reason, The reticle, ammo count and on screen prompts all remain. It's very confusing at this point.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some difference in game version?
  • edited January 2015
    The game version wouldn't make a difference with the UE3 hud toggle command. That seems to work just fine for me. I show it in the OP, but mine is set like this:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="showhud")

You have to activate the camera script before pausing the game. It's no big deal to leave it running in the background, but you may have to turn it off during level transitions or else the game may crash. If you pause the game and THEN activate the script, then the opcodes that access those camera coordinates aren't running, and therefore can't find the camera. So you gotta do that before you pause.
  • edited January 2015
    scanner said:

Okay, if I Pause the game and then activate the free camera the camera won't work. If I activate the free camera and then Pause it does. GeDoSaTo will remove the pause symbol from the screen but no other Hud element. F2 simply doesn't work at all for some reason, The reticle, ammo count and on screen prompts all remain. It's very confusing at this point.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some difference in game version?

1. First of all, are you using the Steam version of the game or box retail? If Steam, verify game files to ensure everything is up to date.

2. Make sure that you are modifying the correct ini files in the correct locations. UE3 can have numerous copies of the ini files in different folders with slightly different names, not all of these are used.

Ini file location -> \Documents\My Games\SpecOps-TheLine\SRGame\Config
    Ini Files names -> SRInput.ini, SREngine.ini, SRGame.ini

3. Back up your files first and then copy the files I sent you directly into the location above. Start up the game, start a level, press "F2" and note if the HUD is removed. Press "F3" and note if the FOV is now very narrow. This will tell us if the you are using the files I sent in the location they are needed.

4. If none of the above works then re-confirm those files are in the right location. Depending on how the game was installed and your OS, you may have two seperate Documents folders on two drives. Make sure you are putting those files into the right location. One may to check this would be to note the modify time of the files, go into the game and make some change such as resolution and then close the game and check the file timestamps again. If they haven't changed then this is the wrong location. (Oh, hold on, that won't work with the files I sent you as I made then read-only. You'll need to edit the properties of those files and then remove the read only bit first.)

5. Are you decrypting these files with the decrypter and then not re-encrypting them before starting the game? I believe this would result in the files reverting back to the default values as it saves the default settings overtop.

6. Another possibility may be that you have some conflict with F2 key where it is not being registered by the game. If in step 3 the FOV changes but the HUD did not then this might be what is happening. Use the decrypter to decrypt the file, edit the showhud bind so that it uses another key that is not already bound to something and then save the file and run it back through the decrypter.

7. Also confirm if any of the other binds from the list in my previous post work at all.

Try the above and see what the results for each step is.
  • I am happy to report another victory for one3rd! So there were two folders with the .ini files that needed to be changed for me. One was in the typical location within My Games, the other was in the relevant Steam Library on the installation harddrive following largely the same path. I did a little test and updated each one individually to see which one would work and still nothing...then I updated them both and boom. No Hud toggle works perfectly now.

I'll spend the rest of the day messing about with SweetFX and then get stuck into screenshotting this properly. Thanks so much for the trouble shooting One3rd, wouldn't even have thought to check for duplicate files without your help.

• No problem, glad you were able to get it sorted.

What was the folder and file you needed to change though? I only remember having to change the one in the My Documents location. This is the one where it should get the current information from...although UE3 does some really strange things with config files in various locations. Let me know so I can check on my end as we may need to modify the guide.
  • It was practically an identical path.... D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\SpecOps_TheLine\SRGame (in this games case it is installed on my D drive).