Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

edited December 2014 in Game Specific Guides
Now that the photo mode is out, this Cheat Engine table is more for the hardcore screenshotters. The photo mode is easier to use and has a few interesting features, but has its own set of issues. You can still pop into photo mode while using this table if you want to enable depth of field. Just remember that once you enable photo mode, you can't get into the options menu. So maybe only do that once you have your resolution set.

Cheat Engine Table
Download table (should work for all versions of the game)

[Camera Control + FOV]
F1 to toggle on and off

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

(Hold ALT to move farther)
(Hold CTRL for finer movements)

Increase FOV = Numpad +
Decrease FOV = Numpad -

(Hold ALT for smaller changes)

Numpad / to turn off movement lock
Numpad * to turn on movement lock

[Freeze Time]
F2 to enable scripts (you only need to do that once and the scripts can stay up and running)

F3 = Freeze all
F4 = Unfreeze all

F5 = Freeze only player (graphics and other NPCs will still animate)
F6 = Unfreeze player

ALT + F3 = slow motion

Screenshots \ Swapping Aspect Ratios
To take a Hudless screenshot, press F12. Screenshots are saved to:
/Documents/WB Games/Shadow of Mordor/____.tga

This will not remove the HUD if your resolution is set to 100%. But this is DET. You should be downsampling anyways.

To change aspect ratios in-game:
1: Open /Documents/WB Games/Shadow of Mordor/render.cfg
2: Set: "Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "0.000000"
3. When in-game, change to windowed mode
4. Change desktop resolution to desired aspect ratio
5. In-game, leave the video options screen (back out 1 menu)
6. Drag to resize the window a little bit - this forces the game to recognize the new aspect ratio
7. Back in the video options, you should see resolutions that scale based off your new desktop size.

I do this to swap between different resolutions without having to shut down the game. When the game is set to borderless, the scaling options are based on your desktop resolution. So when I want to do 3;4 shots, I change my desktop resolution to 2400x3200. That gives me a maximum resolution of 4800x6400.

Known Issues
During combat, the camera tries to auto-center. This can be a problem at large resolutions. A low framerate makes the camera almost impossible to control. To mitigate this, use the Cheat Engine speedhack. I have hotkeys set to 10% speed and 50% speed. That allows me to frame a screenshot during combat at 2FPS. It's still hard, but possible.

To set speedhack hotkeys, go to Edit -> Settings -> Hotkeys
0.5 = 50% speed
1 = 100% speed (make sure you set one of these)

Timestop removes depth of field. If you want to maintain depth of field, use the [player only freeze]. If other enemies are nearby, use the free camera to hold them in place (you won't be able to freeze them and still have depth of field). In any case, the depth of field in this game is not great, but people seem to like this shot.

Zooming with the bow while the camera script is active will cause your FOV to change to the zoomed FOV. I don't know why you would do this though.

If you're using slow motion, zooming with the bow will cause your player to move super fast. Focus will also drain fast.

This table does contain cheats. Going invisible can help a lot. The others were just some I grabbed from the CE forums after completing the game and just wanted to screw around.

Comments

• You're the best Jim. I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow. I appreciate it.
  • Aha, I can now go back online again, thanks Jim :}
  • Aspect Ratio trick seem doesn't work for me. When i'm back on game menu' and resize the window for recognize the new aspect ratio nothing happen.... Whats wrong with this?
  • What's your desktop res set to? Because that's what the game is going to recognize.

Make sure you're on the main menu when you drag-resize the window a little. THEN go into the video options. It should then list resolutions that scale to whatever your desktop res is. I think a few folks have managed to get that to work so far.
  • Aspect Ratio trick seem doesn't work for me. When i'm back on game menu' and resize the window for recognize the new aspect ratio nothing happen.... Whats wrong with this?

works for me. Try fullscreen mode but in fullscreen you may use only one aspect ratio
  • edited October 2014
    Table updated.

The free camera will work like it used to, but now you can toggle off the movement lock.

Numpad / to turn off
    Numpad * to turn on

If you want to change the free camera so movement lock is OFF by default:
    1. Right click free camera script -> change script
    2. Find this this line:
    enableLock:
    dd 1

And change it to:
    enableLock:
    dd 0

I also added Tilt [F9].

Only use this when the free camera is active AND the game is timestopped. Even then I can't guarantee it won't crash. It's finicky.

When you enable this script, moving the mouse up and down will either tilt the screen or act as normal. If it still changes vertical rotation, use the up and down arrow to change tilt. If the mouse changes tilt, use up and down arrow to change vertical rotation. Use them together to find your sweet spot. Just... don't go crazy. Use small movements. If you attempt a 360 no-scope while this script is active, I can almost guarantee a crash.

The reason those instructions sound a bit silly is because there's no tilt value by default. The script is disabling the normal method of changing vertical rotation. I stumbled upon that when trying to fix the auto-centering camera. I don't know why it crashes when it does, but whenever I've actually wanted to use it, it's worked fine.
  • What's your desktop res set to? Because that's what the game is going to recognize.

Make sure you're on the main menu when you drag-resize the window a little. THEN go into the video options. It should then list resolutions that scale to whatever your desktop res is. I think a few folks have managed to get that to work so far.

Classic 1080p but @120hz..

What res do u have set in your desktop for change aspect ratio? Mine is 1920x810.
  • edited October 2014
    Something is being lost in translation here.

Lets say you set your desktop res to 3840x2160 and go in-game. You eventually have something you want to take a screenshot of, but you want the game to be in portrait mode. What you need to is change the game to windowed mode and alt-tab out. Then change your desktop resolution to portrait (I use 2400x3200). Back in-game, go to the main menu and resize the window a bit. It will now recognize that your desktop resolution is 2400x3200 and will give you resolutions that scale from that. If you can not create custom desktop resolutions in the aspect ratios you want, then I'm not sure how this would work. This is the method I use.

I have quite a few custom resolutions.
  • Something is being lost in translation here.

Lets say you set your desktop res to 3840x2160 and go in-game. You eventually have something you want to take a screenshot of, but you want the game to be in portrait mode. What you need to is change the game to windowed mode and alt-tab out. Then change your desktop resolution to portrait (I use 2400x3200). Back in-game, go to the main menu and resize the window a bit. It will now recognize that your desktop resolution is 2400x3200 and will give you resolutions that scale from that. If you can not create custom desktop resolutions in the aspect ratios you want, then I'm not sure how this would work. This is the method I use.

I have quite a few custom resolutions.

I havent tried yet the resolutions portrait.
    For now I just want to change the 21:9 aspect ratio but when I turn back ingame after set that res in NVcp and resize a little the window in the menu' game, the screen is stretched and 21:9 res are missing.
  • That method is really only for changing aspect ratios while playing. If you set your desktop res to 21:9 and boot up the game, you should have 21:9 resolutions. At least in borderless you should.
  • edited October 2014

That method is really only for changing aspect ratios while playing. If you set your desktop res to 21:9 and boot up the game, you should have 21:9 resolutions. At least in borderless you should.

When I back to game I have to select fullscreen again for play, right?

UPDATE: Ok, it works! I dont have changed anything from my first test but now the game has been resized correctly. Miracle ^^

Now my best selectable res is only 5120x2160 (200%)...why so low?
  • It's based off your highest possible desktop resolution. If you have a custom resolution set to 5120x2880, the game will let you select 10240x5760
  • It's based off your highest possible desktop resolution. If you have a custom resolution set to 5120x2880, the game will let you select 10240x5760

Ok..i suppose that is impossible move the camera at that crazy res!
  • LoL ...Photomode added for PS4 version...

• Possibly the PC version too, I don't know but I guess we'll see soon as the next patch if I read it correctly is undergoing Q&A testing in-house.
    https://steamdb.info/app/241930/history/