Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RYSE

Comments

• Pretty much. I was just probing around for the camera and there were times when bits of him would flick between the locked and unlocked coordinates, meaning that parts of the model weren't being updated.
  • Ahh. I made sure that I only had camera results before I started fiddling. I didn't even have to freeze anything. Some games will freeze itself when you alt-tab from windowed mode. In most cases, the opcodes altering the camera will stop running. This was true for Shadow of Mordor, CLOS2, Ryse, and a few others. This makes it easy to find the camera simply by grabbing a bunch of addresses and increasing the number by 10 or so. If the camera moves, you found the right address. No need to freeze anything :)

Then you just have to hope that disabling the opcode will work without much fuss. Unfortunately with Ryse, that was not the case. The camera was moved somewhere waaay outside the map and tons of shaders and effects wound up broken. This is due to the opcodes affecting about 40 or so addresses each. So I had to work out some really tricky filters to make sure the opcode was only disabled for the camera coordinates and worked as usual for everything else.

The reason I'm hesitant to try and do anything else with this game is because, like the camera, any other script would require the same tricks to work reliably. And that's not high up on my "things I want to do list." If anyone wants, I can upload what I have now and you can fiddle with it more if you'd like.
  • This is due to the opcodes affecting about 40 or so addresses each. So I had to work out some really tricky filters to make sure the opcode was only disabled for the camera coordinates and worked as usual for everything else.

How d'you do that then? I have a similar issue in FFXIII where I've found an opcode that manages pretty much every character at once.

• That's probably going to require a guide with pictures. You basically need to find an offset in your camera structure that is unique to the camera. In your script, you check that offset against the value you think it should be and if its not, you stop the script and run the original code (using a jump). I'll do a proper write-up when I'm not rushing out the door to go to work.
  • edited October 2014
    In theory, you should be able to use the screen size option, scan, and figure out how to change that in CE. You could probably push the HUD off the screen with that and make a toggle (works in NFS Rivals). But with the short time I spent with it, I couldn't figure out how that was being stored. I was making changes to the left and right bounds, applying, and scanning (decreased when I pushed the sides in, and increased when I pushed them back out).
  • so NV next driver got Ryse SLI profile

the driver is officially out for mobile so the modded driver for desktop should be ready in a couple of hours
  • edited October 2014
    Patch. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/Ryse/announcements/detail/237889272610919493

Hey all,

we have just released a new patch for Ryse that can now be downloaded from Steam. Highlights for this release are the ability to turn of the HUD (we can't wait to see your screenshots in the Community Hub) as well as Controller Rumble (this change being directly based on community feedback).

We have also made further improvements to performance and stability, as you can see from our full Release Notes:

SLI/Crossfire optimization & quality improvements
    Improved GPU performance on NVIDIA cards, especially for GTX980/970 versions
    Fixed potential crash when running the game in resolutions higher than 1080p
    Fixed graphical corruption on nVidia when running in resolutions higher than 1080p
    Fixed a bug that occurred on low framerate which prevented the door to open in Pax Romana
    Fixed a bug that allowed Legendary difficulty to be selected with mouse even though it is not unlocked
    Made CVar accessible to disable/enable force feedback on the game controller: i_forcefeedback 0/1
    Made CVar accessible to disable/enable flash (e.g. the ingame HUD for taking beauty screenshots): gfx_draw 0/1
    Made CVar accessible to adjust image sharpening: r_PostAASharpening 0…2 (values range from 0 to 2, default is 0.2)
    Added support for high resolution timer mode to overcome FPS limits on some systems. Activate via “sys_highrestimer = 1” (without quotes) in system.cfg

Also, NVIDIA has just released new Drivers for a wide range of GeForce GPUs (version 344.48), which include a SLI profile for Ryse!

Keep up the good fight to protect Rome!

The Ryse Team

EDIT: And those new Nvidia drivers.
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-48-whql-driver-released

"and enable NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) technology on Fermi and Kepler GeForce GTX 500, 600 and 700 Series desktop graphics cards"

EDIT: Other fixes from 344.48

What’s New in Version 344.48

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.48 WHQL, allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming experience.
    This driver brings support for Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) to Kepler and Fermi desktop GPUs. In addition, this GameReady WHQL driver ensures you'll have thebest possible gaming experience for the latest new blockbuster titles including

Lords of the Fallen, Civilization: Beyond Earth, and Elite: Dangerous.

See also
    “What’s New in Release 343” on page 5.

Game Ready
    Best gaming experience for Lords of the Fallen, Civilization: Beyond Earth, and Elite: Dangerous.

Gaming Technology
    Supports Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) on Kepler- and Fermi-based desktop GPUs.

Software Modules
    NVIDIA PhysX System Software - version 9.14.0702
    NVIDIA GPU PhysX acceleration is availableonly on systems with GeForce 8-seriesand later GPUs with a minimum of 256 MB dedicated graphics memory.
    NVIDIA GPU PhysX acceleration is not available if there is anon-NVIDIA graphicsprocessor in the system, even if it is not used for rendering.

HD Audio Driver - version 1.3.32.1

CUDA - version 6.5

GeForce Experience - 16.13.56.0

Application Profiles
    Added or updated the following profiles:

Assassin's Creed Unity – control panel FXAA disabled
    Dead Rising 3 – SLI-Single profile added
    Elite Dangerous – SLI profile added, control panel FXAA disabled
    Escape Dead Island – SLI profile added
    FIFA 15 - SLI-Single profile added
    Lichdom: Battlemage – SLI profile added
    Lords of the Fallen – SLI profile added
    MechWarrior Online – DX11 SLI profile added
    Monster Hunter Online Benchmark – SLI profile added
    Ryse: Son of Rome – SLI profile added, stereo blocked
    Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth – ambient occlusion (AO) profile added
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition – SLI profile added
    The Crew – control panel FXAA disabled
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter – SLI profile added

(For a list of other fixes see page 14 of the PDF release notes. - http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.48/344.48-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf )
  • Nice. Now... if only I could fix the occlusion culling issue with the free camera....
  • Lords of the Fallen SLi ? yeah baby
  • Anyone know how to disable film grain?
  • edited October 2014
    Ryse: Son of Rome – PC Update Changelog:
    SLI/Crossfire optimization & quality improvements
    Improved GPU performance on NVIDIA cards, especially for GTX980/970 versions
    Fixed potential crash when running the game in resolutions higher than 1080p
    Fixed graphical corruption on nVidia when running in resolutions higher than 1080p
    Fixed a bug that occurred on low framerate which prevented the door to open in Pax Romana
    Fixed a bug that allowed Legendary difficulty to be selected with mouse even though it is not unlocked
    Made CVar accessible to disable/enable force feedback on the game controller: i_forcefeedback 0/1
    Made CVar accessible to disable/enable flash (e.g. the ingame HUD for taking beauty screenshots): gfx_draw 0/1
    Made CVar accessible to adjust image sharpening: r_PostAASharpening 0…2 (values range from 0 to 2, default is 0.2)
    Added support for high resolution timer mode to overcome FPS limits on some systems. Activate via “sys_highrestimer = 1” (without quotes) in system.cfg

now the HUD can be removed completely , hopefully free cam in enabled too
  • That was already posted in this thread....

No free cam.
  • Nice. Now... if only I could fix the occlusion culling issue with the free camera....

Hi jim! Could you share you progress, though?

I really love the ancient Rome they built and I MUST do some screenshots of those beautiful environments. Could you share your method how to move the camera nevertheless the problem with the occlusion cunning?
  • I hacked the camera in Star Citizen the other day and the same issue occurred, along with a whole load of others to do with motion blur. If the culling is as severe in Ryse then those beautiful environments are gonna fall right apart the second you move the camera.
  • edited January 2015
    Oh rats! :( But thanks for your reply, though. I really appreciate the effort all you guys put into this.