Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RYSE

Comments

• I'm seriously tempted to just use a SweetFX border shader to cover the HUD and then attempt a free camera for this game. Aspect ratios would probably be limited with that method...
  • edited October 2014

I'm seriously tempted to just use a SweetFX border shader to cover the HUD and then attempt a free camera for this game. Aspect ratios would probably be limited with that method...

The full HUD is only shown when in a combat sequence but the minimal hud still takes up various places of the screen, most of the time it's in the top right corner as a objective but it can also be the health bar of an ally that needs to be protected or a progress bar that fills up.

Then there's the objective marker in the middle of the screen, that's going to be more difficult to get rid of.
    (WTF Crytek, you shipped Crysis 3 with a command to hide the HUD - and a handful more were unlocked in later patches - and here there's nearly nothing available?)
  • tried SFX and all i see is grey solid color covering everything and the HUD

• Well.. you can actually change the resolution with CE in this game. That's new to me.. but it works. 3:4, 2,40:1 .. worked so far. It crashed once i used 4500x6000 though.

"Ryse.exe"+F03DD0

Found it there. The second value is some adresses further down. Easy to find. Not sure how i could grab those adresses with a script though.
    What we need now is timestop, no hud and a freecam. Well and fov...

I also asked a developer that works at crytek about the cvars. He's moderator on a rather big german PC forum. Not sure if he will even answer.. but it's worth a try.
  • The "Map" console command can be used to launch any of the available maps in the game without first having finished it in the campaign however if you press tab after writing the command it will show the full list of maps but not all of them have the required files so many of the test levels won't load at all and the MP related maps will fail as well.

Also unlike say the Quake games there's no "Devmap" command available so loading a map this way just starts it normally without any additional stuff such as having access to all console commands or being in "Devmode" thus it might not be of much use.
    (The -Devmode switch was deprecated with CryEngine 3 - Crysis 2 - and is instead set in the game exe meaning it's easily disabled/removed from retail builds of the game, speaking of that the -mod parameter is still there but it could just be part of the CryEngine in general and doesn't mean the game will get mod support.)
  • SLi bits

basically add RYSE.EXE to the Sleeping Dogs profile. Or use the bits, 0x080010F5
  • edited October 2014
    So after some messing around with the game I found a crude way to get rid of most of the HUD.

First download this, it's the Crysis 3 .pak extractor with a Javascript GUI file.
    http://crysis.gamebanana.com/tools/5416
    (It works with Ryse too as I read on the Xentax forums.)

Place it wherever and then run the java file (You need to have the Java JRE installed, else you will have to try with the command-line only exe file.)

Select UI.pak and extract it, you'll get a UI.pak.zip

Rename UI.pak to something (I used UI.pak_)

Rename UI.pak.zip to UI.pak

Open the now unencrypted UI.pak file

Rename the UI.pak\Libs\UI\HUD folder (I just added a _ after it.) alternatively you can rename the individual sub folders to carefully (Well as careful as this brute force method gets.) remove the individual components of the HUD.

In-game you should no longer see most of the HUD, however the health bar for allies (Used in much of the second level.) and the XP progress bar will still remain, they must be located elsewhere.

Alternatively you could just rneame UI.pak to say UI.pak_ and skip doing a copy of it, you won't see any graphics in the main menu but the game will work as intended otherwise.

I'm going to see about editing the Engine.pak file and finding some cvar that might possibly disable the HUD that way.
    (Won't work from the in-game console prompt but it should work by editing existing files.)

Oh and the HUD is Scaleform so no real way of editing it cleanly.
  • edited October 2014
    Combat.
    http://postimg.org/image/fsclwdw67/
    (No HUD icons.)

Exploration.
    http://postimg.org/image/auz1b9u73/
    (No objectives marker in the middle of the screen, no objectives name in the top right corner and no XP progress bar.)

(For actual screenshots instead of these examples disabling motion-blur should help as will disabling temporal-AA.)

The other HUD files were in one of the fast-loaded pak files. :)

So you need to convert startup.pak in the _FastLoad folder in the same way as above and then rename the same HUD folder.

Alternatively in the Libs/UI/HUD folders in both those archives you can opt to just rename a few hud parts.

AmmoCounter
    ComboCounter
    Crosshair
    CrowdBar (This is for gladiator mode.)
    FocusBar
    ObjectiveHighlight
    ObjectiveText
    PermanentObjectiveBar
    PlayerStatusHUD
    RankProgressBar
    XPmessage

Those are the ones I renamed (Added a _ after their folder names.) but you could probably experiment further but this has removed most of the HUD minus interaction icons (Picking up collectibles mostly.) and the color-coding (Enemies flashing blue and yellow briefly when executed.)

EDIT: Seems like the objectives marker (That Eagle icon.) still appears on occasion, wonder where it could be located.
    (EDIT: The folder "FloatingIndicatorFrame" might be the one to rename for that.)
  • edited October 2014
    Nice work Jonas. Thanks for the effort.
  • edited October 2014
    Yeah I didn't want to give up and it lead to this sort-of brute force approach which is pretty crude but it works and hopefully Crytek when/if they patch the game they'll include whatever cvar controls hiding the HUD among the current allowed commands so this sort of workaround will no longer be required.
    (Why didn't they do as ID did with Tech5 and say disabled achievements if the console was enabled/used since the game won't get further content anyway so they could have shipped it fully unlocked but perhaps they have their reasons.)

EDIT: Rip and Tear I guess I should call this method, or how was it again that the Doom comic went?
  • edited October 2014
    FYI - Even with the HUD removed, a free camera is pretty useless. The moment you start flying around with the camera, objects and terrain will stop rendering. This game is doing some VERY aggressive occlusion culling. If the game thinks that you can't see something, it won't render that. And that information is based on your character's location and where your view is pointed. You might see things with a free camera that your character could not. So the only real way to use a free camera is to move it slightly in front of your character so he's out of the view. That way you're still looking at the same thing. But if you start turning the camera... shit will start to break.

To fix that, you'd have to find a way to tell the game to use the camera position to calculate the occlusion culling rather than the character's position. It was a pretty complicated script as it is. Trying to fix the above problem is pretty much beyond my skill in cheat engine.

I suppose you could still use it for slightly more interesting combat shots (assuming I could figure out timestop). That said, I also couldn't find a way to modify the FOV. So... meh.
  • well it's almost hopeless untill Crytec enable all console commands

here's how to enable very high textures , use it if you have 4gb VRAM

Navigate to \system.cfg and open the file in a text editor.
    Find sys_localization_folder=Localization and add the follow two lines under it:
    sys_spec_texture=4
    sys_spec_textureresolution=4
    Save the file.
  • kx11 said:

well it's almost hopeless untill Crytec enable all console commands

here's how to enable very high textures , use it if you have 4gb VRAM

Navigate to \system.cfg and open the file in a text editor.
    Find sys_localization_folder=Localization and add the follow two lines under it:
    sys_spec_texture=4
    sys_spec_textureresolution=4
    Save the file.

Can I expect some kind of comparison?
  • edited October 2014

FYI - Even with the HUD removed, a free camera is pretty useless. The moment you start flying around with the camera, objects and terrain will stop rendering. This game is doing some VERY aggressive occlusion culling. If the game thinks that you can't see something, it won't render that. And that information is based on your character's location and where your view is pointed. You might see things with a free camera that your character could not. So the only real way to use a free camera is to move it slightly in front of your character so he's out of the view. That way you're still looking at the same thing. But if you start turning the camera... shit will start to break.

To fix that, you'd have to find a way to tell the game to use the camera position to calculate the occlusion culling rather than the character's position. It was a pretty complicated script as it is. Trying to fix the above problem is pretty much beyond my skill in cheat engine.

I suppose you could still use it for slightly more interesting combat shots (assuming I could figure out timestop). That said, I also couldn't find a way to modify the FOV. So... meh.

One slightly unorthodox solution to the freecam issue would be to move your character's coordinates along with the camera but not let the game update his mesh. I had that option when playing around with Final Fantasy XIII: I could either noclip Lightning 'properly' or just move her mesh around, which would snap back to her actual position the second I turned off the script. I had a quick play with Ryse and first impressions are that you can do much the same thing.

If you can be bothered. I know I couldn't.
  • What you'd need to do is find the opcodes updating the mesh and disable those. Then moving the coordinates of your character would work I think. I'm not sure. What did you do in Ryse to come to that conclusion? Where you able to move your character without updating the mesh?