Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Dead Rising 3

Warning! Rendering this game at very high resolutions will cause the lighting\bloom to be rendered improperly, causing your scenes to be extremely bright. Example. This makes hotsampling very undesirable as this problem increases with resolution.....

Cheat Engine Table
Download table

[Free Camera]
Numpad 7 to toggle on and off

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

(Hold ALT to move farther)

[FOV Control]
Numpad 1 to toggle on and off

Increase FOV = Numpad +
Decrease FOV = Numpad -

Weapon zoom will reset this to the default (47)

[Time Manipulation]
No toggle key (assign one yourself)

Alt - (number row) to subtract by 1 hour
Alt + (number row) to increase by 1 hour

This will effect in-game events that are timed, as well as trigger events that occur at specific times if you increase it too far.

Remove the HUD
For the Steam copy, go here:

"\Steam\steamapps\common\deadrising3\data\ui\dr3main\screen\"

Move or delete files beginning with "hud_" that you do not want to appear in-game.
hud_inventory_radial - The weapon bar.
hud_minimap - The mini-map bar.
hud_npc - The NPC info bar, their health mainly. (Boss health too I suspect.)
hud_overlays - The icons on in-game objects of interest.
hud_player - The player info bar. (Health mainly.)
hud_pp_level - The white "pp" text that appears for gaining "XP" / pp.
hud_reticle - The crosshair.
I'd recommend keeping the weapon radial for gameplay. It will fade out after a few seconds.
Also, you can keep the minimap since that can be toggle on\off with X.

Custom Aspect Ratios
For the Steam copy, go here:

"\Steam\steamapps\common\deadrising3\data\datafile\viewport.txt"

Add aspect ratios that you desire to use like such:

cViewportShape MainView_16x9
{
X = "0"
Y = "0"
Width = "1"
Height = "1"
Aspect="1.777777778"
}

cViewportShape MainView_21x9
{
X = "0"
Y = "0"
Width = "1"
Height = "1"
Aspect="2.37"
}

cViewportShape MainView_2x1
{
X = "0"
Y = "0"
Width = "1"
Height = "1"
Aspect="2.0"
}

cViewportShape MainView_3x4
{
X = "0"
Y = "0"
Width = "1"
Height = "1"
Aspect="0.75"
}

cViewportShape MainView_3x1
{
X = "0"
Y = "0"
Width = "1"
Height = "1"
Aspect="3.0"
}

Hotsampling \ Windowed Mode
Press ALT+ENTER to enable windowed mode. Use SRWE (the latest version compatible with 64bit) or WBG for resizing the window to your desired resolution. If you resize to an aspect ratio not listed in the file above, the game will pick the closest one and letterbox\pillarbox to fill in the rest.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    someone is working on the draw distance and DOF

here's draw distance 20000 + dof

draw 100 + DOF

he's still working on it

edit : here's ver.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3e87c7g61of2w3/DR3GRAPHICSMOD.rar?dl=0
  • edited September 2014
    Where did that mod come from? Why the hell are most of the instructions on how to enable SweetFX via RadeonPro? Seems completely unnecessary.

EDIT: Well, I installed that thing but it didn't seem to do much other than introduce a really shallow cut-off point for DOF. And it's a harsh transition (you can see the same tree go from in-focus to completely blurry). Can't say I'd recommend that right now...
  • edited September 2014

Where did that mod come from? Why the hell are most of the instructions on how to enable SweetFX via RadeonPro? Seems completely unnecessary.

EDIT: Well, I installed that thing but it didn't seem to do much other than introduce a really shallow cut-off point for DOF. And it's a harsh transition (you can see the same tree go from in-focus to completely blurry). Can't say I'd recommend that right now...

i think the guy wants to help people running windows 8.1 to install SwFX

this is where i got it
    http://deadrising2mods.proboards.com/thread/1836/dead-rising-3-graphics-mod

still early to try out this mod
  • Alot of people add sweetfx to mod packs and fixes, there was one for Lost Alpha that enabled 'all' the effects in Sweetfx without proper configuration.
  • That mod doesn't seem to do anything, gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate is the only command with that prefix so those two for FOV do nothing, rest is some shader files so those shouldn't affect view distance and then there's a preview version of Radeon Pro and SweetFx.
  • Given how Duncan found timestop in Darksiders 2, it's probably also doable in this game. But like a lot of things with Cheat Engine, techniques to not transfer from game to game. Sometimes you get lucky.

Still, I'd like to know the thought process on finding it in Darksiders 2. Because the simulation is paused similarly when you bring up the menu, this game might be a nice testing ground for making that process a bit more generic (sort of how I find camera coordinates in 3rd person games).
  • In case someone here needs it, I released my Dead Rising 3 Camera Shake Fix:
    http://deadrising2mods.proboards.com/thread/1895/camera-shake-fix
  • You wouldn't happen to be able to throw a freecam+stop time together for Dead Rising 2? While not the prettiest game - but with some good imagination and at 4K you could come up with some pretty hilarious and beautiful shots. Would be fantastic.
  • @jim2point0
    Do you still have the CT for DeadRising3 kicking around? The Dropbox link is dead.
  • edited May 5
    Thanks otisinf, I've added that link to the OP.