Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Risen 3

Traditionally Piranha Bytes games have had a test mode / debug mode that could be activated either by typing it a specific word when playing the game or by editing a config file, however with Risen 3 PB seems to have made it a bit more difficult to find said word (Or they might have disabled it in the release build.) however now a user on the German WorldOfRisen forum has made a Cheat-Engine script that allows access to the debug key functionality.

Starting with the original Gothic in addition to the normal console prompt there has also been a number of hotkey combinations to trigger special commands from test commands to direct cheats, with the Risen series these keys have been documented in the default config file that the games use to set up initial settings and also control more advanced settings such as shadow resolution and LOD distance.

For Risen 3 the keys are as follows:

From ConfigDefault.xml

OnDebug_ToggleHUD="CTRL_L+H"
OnDebug_ChangeResolution="CTRL_L+F2"
OnDebugToggleVegetation="CTRL_L+V"
OnDebugToggleUnevenTerrain="CTRL_L+U"
OnDebugToggleTimeFreeze="PAUSE"
OnDebugToggleStatistics="ALT_L+H" *
OnDebugToggleStateGraphInfos="CTRL_L+G"
OnDebugToggleSpeedUp="F8"
OnDebugToggleSpeedTree="CTRL_L+T"
OnDebugToggleSloMo="F6"
OnDebugToggleSkinnedMeshLoD="CTRL_L+AE"
OnDebugToggleShakyCam="NUM_4"
OnDebugToggleScreenMessages="CTRL_L+M"
OnDebugToggleRenderPortal="ALT_L+P"
OnDebugToggleRenderMode="F3"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsWireframe="CTRL_L+2
OnDebugTogglePhysicsSpeedTrees="CTRL_L+7"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsShapes="CTRL_L+4"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsRenderDebug="CTRL_L+Q"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsOpaque="CTRL_L+1"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsNativeIgnoreZ="SHIFT_R+Q"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsNativeDebug="SHIFT_L+Q"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsMeshes="CTRL_L+5"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsMaterials="CTRL_L+3"
OnDebugTogglePhysicsControllers="CTRL_L+6"
OnDebugToggleOcclusionCulling="ALT_L+O"
OnDebugToggleShadowMapOcclusion="ALT_L+I"
OnDebugToggleNavigation="CTRL_L+N"
OnDebugToggleMovementDebug="ALT_L+M"
OnDebugToggleMorphemeLiveLink="ALT_L+L"
OnDebugToggleMeleeCounterParadeOnParade="NUM_2"
OnDebugToggleMeleeCounterParadeOnAttack="NUM_1"
OnDebugToggleMeleeCounterAttack="NUM_3"
OnDebugToggleLevitate="CTRL_L+L"
OnDebugToggleFullscreen="F2"
OnDebugToggleFreeFlyCam="CTRL_L+INSERT"
OnDebugToggleFixedCam="CTRL_L+HOME"
OnDebugToggleEntityInfos="CTRL_L+E"
OnDebugToggleControlEnabled="F11"
OnDebugToggleCloth="CTRL_L+OE"
OnDebugToggleCBufferDebug="CTRL_L+O"
OnDebugToggleBoundingBoxes="CTRL_L+B"
OnDebugToggleAudioEmitter="ALT_L+D"
OnDebugToggleSpeedTreeDebug="CTRL_L+NUM_7"
OnDebugTakeSnapshot="F1" OnDebugSaySVM="ALT_L+S"
OnDebugResetWithLift="CTRL_L+F8
OnDebugResetPlayer="F7"
OnDebugQuitApplication="F12"
OnDebugMovePlayerToCamera="CTRL_L+PAGE_UP"
OnDebugEndCutscene="ALT_L+E"
OnDebugDoNullPointerAccess="ALT_R+F12"
OnDebugCycleIndicators="F4"
OnDebugControlFocusEntity="CTRL_L+F"
OnDebugConnectPhysXDebugger="CTRL_L+P"
OnDebugCameraFlightStop="ALT_L+W"
OnDebugCameraFlightStart="ALT_L+Q"
OnDebugCameraFlightPoseStart="ALT_L+Y"
OnDebugCameraFlightPoseRendering="ALT_L+R"
OnDebugCameraFlightPoseForward="ALT_L+C"
OnDebugCameraFlightPoseEnd="ALT_L+V"
OnDebugCameraFlightPoseBack="ALT_L+X"
OnDebugCameraFlightAdd="ALT_L+A"
OnDebugBeamForward="CTRL_L+K"
OnDebugAutoWalkToggle="ALT_L+T"
OnDebugAnimationSkeleton="CTRL_L+UE"
OnDebugAnimationToggleTransformCalculation="CTRL_L+NUM_9"
OnDebugActionKill="ALT_L+K"
OnDebugActionDown="CTRL_L+X"
OnDebugToggleDragPointsDebug="CTRL_R+D"
OnDebugToggleFloatsDebug="CTRL_R+F"
OnDebugToggleDepthProbesDebug="CTRL_R+P"
OnDebugToggleForceRelaxedProcessing="SHIFT_L+R"
OnDebugTogglePathDebug="CTRL_R+T">

The commands shown in bold would probably be the main ones of interest for screenshot purposes. :)

So a quick guide to Cheat-Engine then, download it - http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php - install it and then download the table and double click on it since it should now be associated with the program, alternatively start CE and drag&drop the table ("script") file over it to load it into the program.

Start the game and alt-tab back to desktop and in Cheat-Engine press the little button with the computer and magnifying glass on it (Should have a green glowing color around it too.) and select the Risen3.exe process to attach CE to the game then just enable the table.

Oh and so I don't forget, a special thanks to K-Putt who PM'd me near the start of the week asking if I knew how to enable the console prompt, he's the one who found the post with the CE script. :)

EDIT #1:
Oh I Just noticed that the table is in the .cetrainer format, this makes it work like a traditional trainer (But it still needs Cheat-Engine installed.) and there seems to be a normal exe as well much like the Risen and Risen 2 extender utilities which enables test-mode without having to type in the specific word first.

EDIT: #2:
Heh and of course I forget to link to the WorldOfRisen forums and the user who posted the info and supplied the CE script.
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1374803-Risen-3-Cheats-Konsole-öffnen/page4?p=23246573&viewfull=1#post23246573

EDIT #3:
Also if we do ever get access to the command console then stuff like warping to different locations and adjusting the time-of-day would be possible, there is a CE table for manipulating time but it's not made for the normal Steam exe unfortunately.

EDIT #4: Marked (left) Alt+H which toggles statistics, it can also be used to override the weather system. :)

EDIT #5: Alternate method which involves placing a .dll file in the ./Risen3/system folder, Cheat-Engine no longer required but the debug keys will always be enabled.
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1374803-Risen-3-Cheats-Konsole-öffnen/page4?p=23248328&viewfull=1#post23248328

Comments

• Thanks for this thread. =)

I tried to get some screenshots from this game yesterday but i had the image to big to capture problem again.
    With OnDebug_ChangeResolution="CTRL_L+F2" you can change to whatever resolution you've set in the defaultconfig.

For me it's -
    Resolutions Test7="1280x720xWindow" Test6="1920x800xWindow" Test5="9000x3750xWindow" Test4="810x1080xWindow" Test3="4500x6000xWindow" Test2="1920x960xWindow" Test1="9000x4500xWindow">

You can also change the hotkeys to something else. Which is quite useful for the command that changes the resolution because ctrl also lowers the camera.
    The only big problem is the field of view. I can't change it without the console, i think. So i still have to wait to get some screenshots from this game. And then there is the problem to actually save those screenshots.
  • If the game has a free camera, try to find the coordinates via scanning (in CE). Once you find the camera coordinates, you can usually find FOV in the same data structure.

I don't own the game yet, so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to look into it any time soon.
  • Found the FOV for the gameplay and freecam.

I also added the time of day hack and debug-key enabler.

Download.
  • K_putt said:

Found the FOV for the gameplay and freecam.

I also added the time of day hack and debug-key enabler.

Download.

Thank you sir, it works like a charm
  • i'm having a horrible time with this game

SwFX isn't working ( i'm on win7 ) tried 1.4 / 5 / 5.1
    custom res works but using the game's own snapshot key isn't when i choose a high res , using fraps means nothing because it captures the window size only
    toggle fullscreen works 50% and can cause BSOD when using a highres

everything else works fine
  • Had the same problems. Though, CeeJay's InjectSMAA injector worked.
    But this game has the same problem BLUR had. At a certain size no tool could grab the image.
  • edited September 2014
    K_putt said:

Had the same problems. Though, CeeJay's InjectSMAA injector worked.
    But this game has the same problem BLUR had. At a certain size no tool could grab the image.

Wonder if that's the issue I had with MSI Afterburner's OSD becoming unresponsive in some games when using downsampling, though using alt-tab and exiting and restarting Afterburner solves it.
    (Glad that Durante fixed the alt-tab crash with GeDoSaTo, also for Afterburner shutting it down like that will probably crash the game too if you use the hardware features it supports, I have them disabled and am mostly just using it as a Fraps replacement and framerate cap solution.)

EDIT: Of course most of the time I'm using 4K or 8K on occasion (Though that puts a massive strain on the GPU in nearly all games I've tried it with.), haven't tried higher than that so it might be a separate issue if you are trying to capture even larger shots at ~15.000x6.000 pixels or what it would be.
    (GeDoSaTo itself should work better now for grabbing screens if that's what you are downsampling with, haven't tried it though but it's multi-threaded now and more stable.)
  • GeDoSaTo is too complicated i need more free time to fully understand it so SwFX is my main tool to capture

and because i have the best luck Steam decided to grey the game title for me so i need to re-install it again , maybe playing around with dlls a lot in one day caused this
  • Just recently a good chunk of my games got greyed. I noticed that they all were in the same Steam Library on a secondary HDD. I reallocated the Steam Library and started and stopped the download for one game, restarted Steam, and everything worked again. Might be something similar?
  • edited September 2014
    kx11 said:

GeDoSaTo is too complicated i need more free time to fully understand it so SwFX is my main tool to capture

and because i have the best luck Steam decided to grey the game title for me so i need to re-install it again , maybe playing around with dlls a lot in one day caused this

Well yeah it's a pretty complex software that's true, otherwise for Nvidia a custom resolution should work as well but for AMD as of yet there's no easy alternative for downsampling to higher resolutions.

As for Steam I still have the issue from the previous beta where it generates a crash dump at startups (And then deletes it so there's no log file or anything remaining.) so it has a few issues I suspect though the current beta has made that particular one less frequent though also added other features and stuff further expanding the program, not that bad but it's getting quite slow in comparison to say Origin or UPlay.
    (Though it has like several times the amount of games and overall users thus far higher bandwidth usage and other stuff potentially slowing it down.)
  • but for AMD as of yet there's no easy alternative for downsampling to higher resolutions.

Looks like something is just around the corner. - http://s11.postimg.org/wi0ho8ehf/Firepro_Downsampling_pcgh.png
    No proper statement from AMD yet. But it's from a FirePro beta driver as far as i know.
  • edited September 2014
    I thought this game worked fine with GeDoSaTo?
    K_putt said:

It does. But the dev mode has a option to switch between resolutions with a hotkey. You can use custom resolutions that way. No need to GeDoSaTo.

Hmmmm. I may have misunderstood the problems in this discussion then. That sounds pretty nice (the hotkeys).
  • It does. But the dev mode has a option to switch between resolutions with a hotkey. You can use custom resolutions that way. No need to GeDoSaTo.
  • K_putt said:

Had the same problems. Though, CeeJay's InjectSMAA injector worked.

Is this game 64bit? If not, you could try checking the LAA flag in the executable and switch it on if necessary. I was having all sorts of problems grabbing The Witcher 2 until I realised it simply couldn't access the RAM it needed.
  • edited September 2014
    Midhras said:

Just recently a good chunk of my games got greyed. I noticed that they all were in the same Steam Library on a secondary HDD. I reallocated the Steam Library and started and stopped the download for one game, restarted Steam, and everything worked again. Might be something similar?

it could be that , my steam library are on the same HDD since 2012 i don't even install steam after a fresh OS install

speaking of the game turns out steam wanted to check for the existing files to make sure it's not a pirated copy ?!

gotta find what's wrong with SwFX not working

Well yeah it's a pretty complex software that's true, otherwise for Nvidia a custom resolution should work as well but for AMD as of yet there's no easy alternative for downsampling to higher resolutions.

downsampling with AMD gpus isn't complicated with SWRE and editing the CFG file for most games , some games like sleeping dogs/FFXiV/AC4/AC3/WD won't like anything other than the desktop res options which makes Nvidia gpus look good , AMD recently allowed 4k res by default but it's not much of a help