Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lords of the Fallen

123457»

Comments

• edited March 22
    Fov
  • oh thanks! :) I have now all puzzle pieces complete to create full camera tools. For my learning process: how did you find this address? I tried to find it by searching for known fov values like 60/65/45 and their radian values in floats, but nothing worked. As the game itself doesn't utilize a fov changing mechanic (like zooming in on a weapon), I couldn't find it.

TIA
  • After the tutorial, if you have the key, you can talk with Kalso indefinitely.
    When you talk with him, the zoom changes. So you can search for increase/decrease.
  • edited March 23
    THAT'S HOW I DID IT!

I was just sitting here trying to remember what I did to find the FOV in my old table. NPC conversations :)
  • OtisInf said:

Petroski said:

Debug camera still works.
    This table is incomplete.
    https://uploadfiles.io/566951

Thanks man :) The table is incomplete as in: it doesn't have any code/scripts, but it does have the crown jewels :) timestop and camera coords :) They indeed store coords + a quaternion, which is easy enough. Can't find the FoV in that struct, but will look deeper. Game looks fun and just easy enough for my old ass to not be annoying haha :) (although the controls are beyond retarded, who wants to play a hack-n-slash with right-trigger, instead of A or X/Y? Hopefully changing that in the ini file will be picked up)

My 100+ hours were dedicated to M+KB, which I also used for Dark Souls 1 Pre Steamworks, since there was a really good mod for it but is now broken.

Although from memory in Lords, I used extra mouse buttons for various things and I think I used Left Alt for the Lock On.
  • Petroski said:

After the tutorial, if you have the key, you can talk with Kalso indefinitely.
    When you talk with him, the zoom changes. So you can search for increase/decrease.

oh brilliant! I thought of that but I don't have the key yet, so I just had 1 conversation chance, and that's not enough, so I wondered "how in hell did they find it?" :)
    cicala said:

My 100+ hours were dedicated to M+KB, which I also used for Dark Souls 1 Pre Steamworks, since there was a really good mod for it but is now broken.

Although from memory in Lords, I used extra mouse buttons for various things and I think I used Left Alt for the Lock On.

Yeah it turns out you can easily remap whatever you want in the 'bindings.ini' file in the game folder. Then pick the 'alternative' setting for input and you're good to go. Prompts on screen are still different but it's so much more natural to hit enemies with X and Y than with right shoulderbutton/trigger ;)

Thanks all! I hope to have a full working camera tools with rotations during cutscenes etc. today or tomorrow.
  • edited March 24
    I have everything working now. The cheats' Hud toggle doesn't toggle in NPC conversations, so I created a 3d migoto hud toggle (just 2 shaders), have to test it in practice as one shader bugged with 3d migoto (there's always something ;)). The coords in Petroski's table are usable coords (the quaternion next to it is too), and I use it currently, but it's not the camera used in cutscenes like the one at the start of the level. So it's used to build another datastructure somewhere else. The one where the FOV is in also contains the coords + quaternion and a projection matrix (not usable for a camera, but it looks like it's the datastructure used for the shaders), so I'll use that one, see if that is usable in cutscenes. :)

(edit) using the camera coords + quaternion in the FoV structure is the right call, as that's the real camera struct. Everything works now, including camera movement in cutscenes like the one at the start of the game. Found the cheats hud toggle address (the read of it anyway) as well, but it differs every time and the code reading it is a tightly knit call/jmp block so it's hard to intercept the address there, but I'll find a way. The hud toggle through 3dmigoto doesn't work, there are just 2 shaders, 1 fails to be updated, so it doesn't hide the particular parts of the hud. Almost done.

(edit) the hud toggle of the debug menu is actually the hud transparency level :) Setting it to 0.5 gives a semi-transparent hud. Not that anyone cares about that so I'll switch it to 0.0 and 1.0 ;)
  • edited March 24
    Enjoy: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/LordsOfTheFallen :)

(edit) replaced the link with the general landing page for the camera in case I want to update it ;)

• :)

Updated the camera a bit to v1.0.1. I now write to 2 camera locations as it appears some subsystems use the one in Petroski's CT and others in the struct created from that (and which is the one used by cutscenes as well as normal gameplay). So the glitches like disappearing environment etc. are now gone (still present in cutscene camera movement, no idea why...).

Also you can now change the fov during normal gameplay without enabling the camera (user request).
    https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/LordsOfTheFallen