Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lords of the Fallen

Comments

• K_putt said:

Well i'm using BWG.

What is it?
  • edited October 2014
    This game is so unstable. But not the game itself (that hasn't crashed on me yet). If I attach this game in Cheat Engine, any action whatsoever can cause cheat engine to crash. And after you attach a debugger in cheat engine and it crashes, you have to restart the game again to use the debugger. Such a fucking pain in the ass....
  • K_putt said:

Well i'm using BWG.

What is it?
    This.

I should call it WBG. But i, or better we, always used BWG for some reason.
  • Well.... fuck this game. Good luck to anyone trying Cheat Engine on that one....
  • K_putt said:

K_putt said:

Well i'm using BWG.

What is it?
    This.

I should call it WBG. But i, or better we, always used BWG for some reason.
    mmm.. this one doesn't work either for me. Stupid game!

• SRWE works, but the window will not exceed your desktop size. So... kinda pointless.

Marcelus said:

LOrds Of The Fallen is 64 bit and Gedosato do not works with 64 bit applications

GeDoSaTo does not work with DX11 games. And LotF is DX11.
    yes i know. DX11 and 64 bit

• Just take 4K screenshots and call it a day :P
  • Just take 4K screenshots and call it a day :P

When in a sunny day someone will remove this crappy CA then maybe i'll take some SS of this game. Until then my answer is NO!
  • This game is so unstable. But not the game itself (that hasn't crashed on me yet). If I attach this game in Cheat Engine, any action whatsoever can cause cheat engine to crash. And after you attach a debugger in cheat engine and it crashes, you have to restart the game again to use the debugger. Such a fucking pain in the ass....

I'm assuming you're using a no-CD crack to avoid the Steam DRM which half the time causes such crashes...

• edited October 2014
    No. I'm playing the Steam version. I've never seen crashes like this before. The game isn't crashing... it's Cheat Engine.

EDIT: There's not a single working crack as far as I can tell anyways. This game just crashes cheat engine if you breath funny.

I still can't get the window to go larger than my desktop with WBG. It doesn't even remove the borders. Just does the exact same thing as SRWE.
  • Apart from the crashes, chromatic aberration, performance issues on newer GPUs, etc..

How's the gameplay in general? I didn't like DS2. Mainly because it was too hard for me. And I didn't like how slow the characters moved.
    Also what kind of AA does the game provide?
    Thanks!
  • It plays like Dark Souls, only slower. Attacking is slower. Dodging\rolling is slower. Moving is slower. Even at your lightest weight, you won't be as nimble as the fastest Dark Souls character.

That's about as much as I can say as I haven't played too much yet.

I didn't see any AA options. I think there's post process AA being applied but that's nothing really. Downsampling is pretty much the only option right now.
  • No. I'm playing the Steam version. I've never seen crashes like this before. The game isn't crashing... it's Cheat Engine.

EDIT: There's not a single working crack as far as I can tell anyways. This game just crashes cheat engine if you breath funny.

I still can't get the window to go larger than my desktop with WBG. It doesn't even remove the borders. Just does the exact same thing as SRWE.

The game supposedly uses EXECrypt, a very strong DRM that could take months to crack (As a example Star-Force 3.x took nearly a year to be circumvented and SecuROM 7 took a lot of time as well.) it also has various other features and I suspect this is what interferes with Cheat-Engine as a form of debugger protection.

There's also various rumors that the DRM is causing performance issues but it's nothing I've noticed though it would have to wait until a fixed exe is available so it can be compared, crashes and stability issues is not something I've encountered but apparently the game can be a bit crash prone and it might also be driver related.

Found a unpacker for the .pck archives and I think it can be used to adjust the "ChromaShift" effect but so far it's not possible to repack the files so I can't get anywhere with that yet.

For AA one of the other hidden settings is quality_lighting = VeryHigh "quality_antialiasing" with possible values being Off, Low, Medium, High and VeryHigh but I do not know if it works or if it's deprecated, gui_size did work as does a few of the other hidden commands but there's probably many that don't do anything at all.

I'm using these at the moment:

quality_lighting = VeryHigh
    quality_antialiasing = VeryHigh
    gui_area_size = 2.0
    apex_cloth_support_enabled = true (This doesn't really need to be enabled but I guess it could also be disabled for performance reasons.)
    quality_apex = VeryHigh
    display_splash_screens = 0 (This one definitively does not work although the game doesn't really use splash screens, they're Bink2 videos.)
  • I wish we could toggle the hud. I can't find a way to do it with cheat engine yet... but I'm kinda wanting to see my health a lot of the time and I can't.
  • I was in the chat for the live stream the devs did today. Several folks asked about the possibility to disable chromatic aberration. The devs confirmed that they are going to add this in a later patch.