Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UE3 Engine Tweak Questions

Comments

• After de-constructing Jim's DmC table I've figured out the camera structure for Batman Arkham Origins by piggybacking on Cielos's CE camera script. The problem is that this only works when the game is paused though and I can't seem to pause the game without the menu HUD or remove it when paused. The UE3 PAUSE keybind works but also brings up the main menu HUD and tonemap. Is there a way to force the UDK engine to just pause the game?

I took a stab and tried "set Engine.WorldInfo bPause true" but that doesn't work.

I'm also trying to find this state with CE but the values I'm finding are just crashing the game so far.
  • if you want to toggle the hud in BAO try

Bindings=(Name="G", Command="ToggleGfx")

strangely enough this works with batman AA but it won't work with AC
  • Bear in mind you're not dealing with UDK or UE3 as you know it, but rather Rocksteady's heavily modified branch of it. I'd be surprised if pause could be triggered without the menu appearing.
  • edited June 2015
    kx11 said:

if you want to toggle the hud in BAO try

Bindings=(Name="G", Command="ToggleGfx")

strangely enough this works with batman AA but it won't work with AC

That does disable the in-game HUD but doesn't seem to do anything with the main menu.
    djh_ said:

Bear in mind you're not dealing with UDK or UE3 as you know it, but rather Rocksteady's heavily modified branch of it. I'd be surprised if pause could be triggered without the menu appearing.

This is looking to be the case it seems. It's a shame because this is one of the last hurdles for a great tool set for screenshooting the game.

When searching with CE for the HUD toggle I noticed some timers that update with gametime that are also affected by slomo settings. Disabling the opcodes for these values hasn't helped net a result yet . I'd assume there are hundreds or thousands of these similar timers though so it's probably fruitless.

Edit: I noticed that the ToggleGfx bind was disabling the HUD in the cinematic portion of the menu (with camera spinning around Bats) and chased that down in CE. It looks to be a static address (which is new to me) that toggles the HUD everywhere. Now just need to test it out.
  • Looks like I have a semi-viable HUD removal during Menu pause, requires going to the brightness settings which removes the harsh tonemap settings. I'll try to see if that can be toggled as well.

Still not sure how to find the FOV settings though, using UE3 binds doesn't work in the main menu and can't seem to find an address that works. How is FOV normally stored in UE3 games? A FLOAT value?
  • Got FOV, now to look at tilt and maybe another stab at tonemap.

Had a look at the DmC table to see where the FOV value was in comparison to the camera structure in DmC and realized that the "user changeable" FOV only shows up in the structure *after* the user changes the FOV. I'd been starting the scan for values without first changing FOV in-game with setbind commands.

After spending over 4hrs (across a number of attempts) on this value alone; is there some repository somewhere with methods and tips on how to find these screenshooting specific values in games with CE?
  • Maybe someone could give me a few hints about Aliens: Colonial Marines. The game may be trashy, but the environments are actually well made.

I tried to bind commands I found in the UI.ini file located in My Documents folder, like "playersonly", "dbm_toggleghost", "hidegun" or " toggleslomo .X", but none of them seems to be working. The only working command I found is "setres".

The BaseInput.ini file located in the game folder contains a section called "; --- Camera binds" inside [Engine.PlayerInput] where you can find commands like "Camera FreeCam" and "Camera ThirdPerson" bound to some keys, but none of these commands can be found in the Input.ini file located in My Documents folder. Of course, I tried to add them manually, but they don't work either.

I also tried to activate console, but anything you type in the console window goes into the chat window, like if you were trying to say something.
  • edited July 2015
    I haven't looked at ACM at all. It was a hot mess at release and I never got around to trying it out again. I might take a quick look this evening and see if I can find any camera values with CE. Hopefully we can find some keybinds that do actually work otherwise this might be more work than it's worth.

Edit: All I can seem to get working with keybinds is ToggleHUD. Put it under [PecanGame.PecanPlayerInput] in MyDocuments...PecanInput.ini. No other keybinds I've tried seem to work.

Edit2: using the "set" command to poke internal values seems to work. Probably trawling through the ini files looking for useful commands might be fruitful similar to what was done with the Wolverine game.

These worked to toggle playersonly.
    Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=true)
  • Thank you for your response. Yeah, I read it was a mess, but I bought it only recently on sale for like 3$ with almost all of the DLCs. Can't really go wrong at that price. They also patched it several times.

ToggleHUD works, yes, along with "Setres" and "tiledshot" commands. Tiledshot is a mess though, because of vignetting.

PecanUI.ini contains a lot of commands (including ghost, hidegun, slomo, etc.) but they don't work, and I have no idea how to bind them through the method you shown above. I'd say that the biggest problem right now is chromatic aberration they introduced in one of the visual patches. It cannot be disabled via options, and I haven't found anything related to it in the PecanEngine.ini file. Secondly, it's your gun. It's on the right side of the screen and you can't hide it, unless you switching between weapons.

Switching camera to 3rd person would be nice, of course, but as you said, I have a feeling that it might be more work than it's worth.
  • edited January 2016
    @kx11 (reply to this post)

About that woolfe ini pastebin: Is this the only ini file with keybinds in it in the games mydocuments folder? And it is the entire file?

Maybe the ini files in the game folder are the ones it uses. Try seeing if you can change a keybind in the game (like change crouch to "L" or something similar) and see what files get updated with that change. Likely that will be the file we need to try adding custom binds to. Sometimes they get added to a section lower in the list other than the [Engine.PlayerInput] section as well but I don't see anything in that file you posted that looks like it would be it. But then I'm not the most knowledgeable person about UE3 ini files on this forum. Most of what I do is hack away at it until something works...or breaks =)
  • tried all files with input.ini in them even baseinput.ini , i guess the game is locked that way
  • It could be another file altogether. Check which ones are changed when you make a change to the keybindings in-game. In Styx (which is also UE3) the file was StyxOptions.ini that the keybindings had to go in and they formatted differently to the bindings in the Input.ini files. Unless the bindings are saved in the registry some file needs to change when keybindings are changed in the game menu.
  • edited March 2016
    Hi! I have a question about ToggleDebugCamera command. I spend much time to find this command in "Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z" and I made it. But when I use the debugcamera I can`t toggle HUD, or Playersonly,etc. The only thing we can do is flying around, and this is sad. There could be many great tiledshots in the game. The same thing with "The Deadly Tower Of Monsters", an isometric action platformer. In this game I use "ghost" and "thirdperson" commands for making interesting shots, but this method is not very convenient.
    Maybe someone knows how to enable all these commands while the debugcamera is ON?

p.s. Sorry for my bad english)

• I believe that's because the debug camera uses it's own key bindings. :)

You have this section for normal player input in *input.ini
    [Engine.PlayerInput]

And then this for debug camera.

[GameFramework.DebugCameraInput]

Copying from PlayerInput to DebugCameraInput should be enough.
    (Some games optionally also use a third custom input such as this from Kings Quest whose ini file I've copied these from.
    [GrahamsGame.GppPlayerInput]

Hope that helps. :)

• You have this section for normal player input in *input.ini
    [Engine.PlayerInput]
    And then this for debug camera.
    [GameFramework.DebugCameraInput]

Thank you! It really works :)