Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UE3 Engine Tweak Questions

Comments

• One3rd said:

Brothers In Arms, Hells Highway is a go... the usual locked commands worked like PlayersOnly, Ghost, Fly, Walk, FOV, etc etc

The only issue is I cannot bind them, I enabled console and typed them in manually and they worked but binding I might need pointers on what needs to be done, that is of course if you are interested.
  • I had one of the brothers in arms games but not sure if it was that one or not. It's tucked away in storage I think. There are usually a couple of files and locations that you can place keybinds for UE3 games. try the "input" file in the My Documents folder first and see if it has a section at the end of the file with keybinds and add your lines in there. Usually this is named something descriptive in relation to the game.

You could also check the actual game folders for the baseinput file and try adding your bind there. This should push them into the other file...at least in a couple of games I've tried this has been the case.
  • SumacInput.ini is the one I put the binds in:

So basically console I enabled with these:
    ConsoleKey=Tilde
    TypeKey=Tab

And commands work with console entry, the binds above are in the SumacInput under My Documents...
    I tried them without Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False
    and then added that in because PCGW was using that extra for the FOV tweak.. but even that wasn't working.

Steam link so you know the exact game I am talking about:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15390/
  • Is there another section in the ini file other than [Engine.PlayerInput] that has keybinds in it? Can you pastebin the sumacinput.ini file so I can take a look? I may have to dig up my CD's to install it again.

Actually, now that I think about it, I thought there was a developer mode available for one of these BIA games. I vaguely remember someone I follow on Flickr screenshot this awhile back. I'll see what I can find.
  • One3rd said:

Is there another section in the ini file other than [Engine.PlayerInput] that has keybinds in it? Can you pastebin the sumacinput.ini file so I can take a look? I may have to dig up my CD's to install it again.

Actually, now that I think about it, I thought there was a developer mode available for one of these BIA games. I vaguely remember someone I follow on Flickr screenshot this awhile back. I'll see what I can find.

I'll google about that dev mode

Here is the code

And I was putting it under PlayerInput... knowing me I missed something, but full input file below.

http://pastebin.com/7N2wJnTN

Commands are right after bInvertMouse=False
  • Try putting them under the [SumacGame.SumacPlayerInput] section as well. It doesn't look like there are any used binds in that section but it's worth a shot.
  • edited September 2014
    One3rd said:

Try putting them under the [SumacGame.SumacPlayerInput] section as well. It doesn't look like there are any used binds in that section but it's worth a shot.

Ok working, all except the HUD bind, but even though HUD bind won't work I can easily use console (might try entering ToggleHUD later)

Ok now that putting them in the section you suggested works, I'll look for other commands to play around with.. I made a guide for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Unreal Engine 2.5) which I gotta try and adapt to conviction somehow, but I doubt that will work.
  • edited September 2014
    One3rd said:

I knew there was something available for this. I had to go through my Flickr contacts to find the shot that referenced the tools. DigitalEpicness took some great shots of the game and linked to the tools in the comments.

You've already found most of this already but there are some bonus codes in the link that enable all chapters and some other things that might be helpful.
  • One3rd said:

One3rd said:

I knew there was something available for this. I had to go through my Flickr contacts to find the shot that referenced the tools. DigitalEpicness took some great shots of the game and linked to the tools in the comments.

You've already found most of this already but there are some bonus codes in the link that enable all chapters and some other things that might be helpful.
    Thx, yeah I have seen this site before, for another game.. Only thing left to do is get rid of the vignette :/

Also still looking at MOH2010.. and still no luck, but I'll keep at it... because it will benefit at least 1 more person than myself :) especially all those ppl wanting FOV changes
  • edited September 2014
    Try this if you haven't already;
    Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame TRUE",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

F10 - disable
    ALT-F9 - enable
    (hmmm, that might be flipped around)

Also check the ini files for anything referencing vignette. I remember that Chivalry had a benablevignette cvar or something similarly named.
  • One3rd said:

Try this if you haven't already;
    Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame TRUE",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

F10 - disable
    ALT-F9 - enable
    (hmmm, that might be flipped around)
    Also check the ini files for anything referencing vignette. I remember that Chivalry had a benablevignette cvar or something similarly named.

So relieved, works like a charm

• cicala said:

Cool stuff! I really need to start adding some of this to the OP don't I? Maybe tonight's job.
  • edited September 2014
    One3rd said:

cicala said:

Cool stuff! I really need to start adding some of this to the OP don't I? Maybe tonight's job.
    Nearly all set to go for the guide lol, controls are wonky because the game isnt a standard FPS, but nevertheless its colourful as, especially this first level.. I tried ToggleHUD as a bind but still no luck, Maybe theres another commands

This image was a bit wonky, before I couldnt make due to the vignette, but now all gooood :P

Also I gotta tackle Pandora Tomorrow, pcgw says its extremely difficult to setup custom resolutions... worth a try I guess.. after all its worth it if the game is good (I know its UE2.5 but I guess thats close enough to UE3?)
  • edited September 2014
    For HUD I usually try these two commands first;
    Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ToggleHUD",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHUD",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

If this doesn't work, I'm sure there might be some other possible UE3 commands floating around. Worst case, GeDoSaTo may be able to remove the specific HUD shader. I don't have the game installed though...and not sure which of the BiA games I had.
  • One3rd said:

For HUD I usually try these two commands first;
    Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ToggleHUD",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHUD",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

If this doesn't work, I'm sure there might be some other possible UE3 commands floating around. Worst case, GeDoSaTo may be able to remove the specific HUD shader. I don't have the game installed though...and not sure which of the BiA games I had.

Typing it through console works, Binding it doesn't, i myself would just use console instead of using Gedosato