Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UE3 Engine Tweak Questions

Comments

• Now all you need to do is create a 1st person no-clip :P

True, there is that. I was just trying out the hidden player model and yes it does help in setting up the scene but that 3rd person floaty camera swivel thing is annoying as hell.
    kx11 said:

*waiting for batman arkham games tables*

last remnant is not a bad alternative

I thought there were some Batman tables out there? I remember using one for Arkham City. Although, I remember there being something with the cape where it would freak out.
  • Duncan did some shots of The Last Remnant. Maybe he can chime in on his methods there.

You'll probably be waiting forever for Batman :P Some day I may look into those but without some sort of timestop, there would be limited use.
  • One3rd said:

Now all you need to do is create a 1st person no-clip :P

True, there is that. I was just trying out the hidden player model and yes it does help in setting up the scene but that 3rd person floaty camera swivel thing is annoying as hell.
    kx11 said:

*waiting for batman arkham games tables*

last remnant is not a bad alternative

I thought there were some Batman tables out there? I remember using one for Arkham City. Although, I remember there being something with the cape where it would freak out.

there is a batman AC table but it's so hard to deal with and crashes easily
  • Duncan did some shots of The Last Remnant. Maybe he can chime in on his methods there.

You'll probably be waiting forever for Batman :P Some day I may look into those but without some sort of timestop, there would be limited use.

some of those are amazing , looking at the game now it feels dated

back in 2009 man it was a GPU killer with that weird benchmark demo but it's still one of the best looking UE3 games *for me*

dat OST though
  • edited August 2014
    I've done stuff with Last Remnant before. Pretty sure all the regular UE3 commands you'd need work through simple keybindings, as does tiledshot if you still use it. It did have some issues with cutscenes, though.
  • edited August 2014
    I was poking around in the ini files and found some references to DOF and SloMo that seem to be implemented in the game and was wondering if these variables could be used to control these two features?

DOF
    DefaultPostProcessSettings=(Bloom_Scale=0.2,DOF_BlurKernelSize=12.0,DOF_MaxNearBlurAmount=0.0,DOF_MaxNearBlurAmount=0.0,DOF_FocusInnerRadius=2000.0,DOF_FocusDistance=0.0,)

Can we control these values directly with keybinds? Specifically the DOF values.

I also noticed some override flags for these post process effects, could these be used to force the effects?

In SRGame.ini under [Engine.WorldInfo]
    DefaultPostProcessSettings=(bOverride_EnableBloom=True,bOverride_EnableDOF=True,bOverride_EnableMotionBlur=True,bOverride_EnableSceneEffect=True,bOverride_AllowAmbientOcclusion=True,bOverride_OverrideRimShaderColor=True,bOverride_Bloom_Scale=True,bOverride_Bloom_Threshold=True,bOverride_Bloom_Tint=True,bOverride_Bloom_ScreenBlendThreshold=True,bOverride_Bloom_InterpolationDuration=True,bOverride_DOF_FalloffExponent=True,bOverride_DOF_BlurKernelSize=True,bOverride_DOF_BlurBloomKernelSize=True,bOverride_DOF_MaxNearBlurAmount=True,bOverride_DOF_MaxFarBlurAmount=True,bOverride_DOF_ModulateBlurColor=True,bOverride_DOF_FocusType=True,bOverride_DOF_FocusInnerRadius=True,bOverride_DOF_FocusDistance=True,bOverride_DOF_FocusPosition=True,bOverride_DOF_InterpolationDuration=True,bOverride_DOF_CutDistance=True,bOverride_MotionBlur_MaxVelocity=True,bOverride_MotionBlur_Amount=True,bOverride_MotionBlur_FullMotionBlur=True,bOverride_MotionBlur_CameraRotationThreshold=True,bOverride_MotionBlur_CameraTranslationThreshold=True,bOverride_MotionBlur_InterpolationDuration=True,bOverride_Scene_Desaturation=True,bOverride_Scene_HighLights=True,bOverride_Scene_MidTones=True,bOverride_Scene_Shadows=True,bOverride_Scene_InterpolationDuration=True,bOverride_RimShader_Color=True,bOverride_RimShader_InterpolationDuration=True,bEnableBloom=True,bEnableDOF=False,bEnableMotionBlur=True,bEnableSceneEffect=True,bAllowAmbientOcclusion=True,bOverrideRimShaderColor=False,Bloom_Scale=0.200000,Bloom_Threshold=1.000000,Bloom_Tint=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=0),Bloom_ScreenBlendThreshold=10.000000,Bloom_InterpolationDuration=1.000000,DOF_FalloffExponent=4.000000,DOF_BlurKernelSize=12.000000,DOF_BlurBloomKernelSize=16.000000,DOF_MaxNearBlurAmount=0.000000,DOF_MaxFarBlurAmount=1.000000,DOF_ModulateBlurColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255),DOF_FocusType=FOCUS_Distance,DOF_FocusInnerRadius=2000.000000,DOF_FocusDistance=0.000000,DOF_FocusPosition=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),DOF_InterpolationDuration=1.000000,DOF_CutDistance=655030.000000,MotionBlur_MaxVelocity=1.000000,MotionBlur_Amount=0.500000,MotionBlur_FullMotionBlur=True,MotionBlur_CameraRotationThreshold=45.000000,MotionBlur_CameraTranslationThreshold=10000.000000,MotionBlur_InterpolationDuration=1.000000,Scene_Desaturation=0.000000,Scene_HighLights=(X=1.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=1.000000),Scene_MidTones=(X=1.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=1.000000),Scene_Shadows=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),Scene_InterpolationDuration=1.000000,RimShader_Color=(R=0.470440,G=0.585973,B=0.827726,A=1.000000),RimShader_InterpolationDuration=1.000000,ColorGrading_LookupTable=None,LightShafts=(bOverride_bRenderLightShafts=False,bOverride_OcclusionDepthRange=False,bOverride_BloomScale=False,bOverride_BloomThreshold=False,bOverride_BloomScreenBlendThreshold=False,bOverride_BloomTint=False,bOverride_RadialBlurPercent=False,bOverride_OcclusionMaskDarkness=False,bRenderLightShafts=False,OcclusionDepthRange=20000.000000,BloomScale=2.000000,BloomThreshold=0.000000,BloomScreenBlendThreshold=1.000000,BloomTint=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=0),RadialBlurPercent=100.000000,OcclusionMaskDarkness=0.300000,LightShaftInterpolationDuration=0.000000),SSAO=(bOverride_OcclusionColor=False,bOverride_OcclusionScale=False,bOverride_OcclusionBias=False,bOverride_MinOcclusion=False,bOverride_OcclusionPower=False,OcclusionColor=(R=0.000000,G=0.000000,B=0.000000,A=1.000000),OcclusionPower=4.000000,OcclusionScale=20.000000,OcclusionBias=0.000000,MinOcclusion=0.100000,SSAO_InterpolationDuration=0.000000))

Anther way of looking at trying to control DOF may be the weapon focus, each weapon seems to have a different DOF focus when aiming with the sniper rifle having a plausible near DOF blur. Would it be possible to control this DOF and maybe port it to the other weapons as well? Right now you are able to use the scope DOF, remove the HUD and then move closer or further from the subject to what is affected by the blur...and then use the FOV keybinds. This works but only when you have the sniper rifle which is only for specific levels of the game.

[SRGame.YPostProcessManager]
    m_useDebugColorMode=false
    m_useAimingDOF=true
    m_aimDOFFadeInDuration=0.1
    m_refocusMinTime=0.1
    m_refocusMaxTime=0.2
    m_refocusMinDist=30
    m_refocusMaxDist=1000
    m_scopeDOFFadeInDuration=0.02
    m_scopeFocusDis=300
    m_useScopeDOF=true

SloMo
    There were some variables for controlling the slow motion effect that occurs during certain events like headshots, and I was wondering if these could be used to either extend the event out or to control them outright. In SRGame.ini under [SRGame.YGameInfo_SP];

m_contextualSlomoDataEntries=(m_eventType=YCSTE_Headshot,m_duration=0.42,m_slowDownFactor=0.35,m_voicePitchFactor=0.8,m_chance=0.5,m_timeOffset=0.17,m_priority=1)
    m_contextualSlomoDataEntries=(m_eventType=YCSTE_Melee,m_duration=0.2,m_slowDownFactor=0.2,m_voicePitchFactor=0.9,m_chance=0.25,m_timeOffset=0.22,m_priority=1)

I tried changing the values for the Melee event and then hitting an enemy but that didn't seem to slow down time. Actually, I wonder if these are only "kill" events triggered when you kill an enemy? Would it be possible to trigger these m_eventType's with a key bind?
  • edited August 2014
    Out of curiosity, when looking for a HUD shader, did you look for dumpframes that didn't have the vignette? It's possible you could have GeDoSaTo toggle off that shader if you can find it. Really depends on the order in which it's drawn.

If the game slows down for headshots, it's very possible to scan for gamespeed using that mechanic. That's how I did timestop for Hitman Abolution. You'd then be able to bind hotkeys for slow motion. Stopping time entirely seems pointless with PlayersOnly, but slow motion can be useful.
  • I didn't no. Although I did try all of the dumpframes that even remotely looked like they would have been useful. I could take another look though.

That's' a good thought about tracking down timestop, I could look into that as well. Seeing the slowdownfactor attributes in the ini file though got me thinking it might be possible to do this with the UE3 engine, especially since there are already game events that slow down the game speed using these attributes.
  • edited August 2014
    OMG I can't believe I missed this before! The SloMo keybind does work!! Not sure how I missed it when checking them all but I think I'll now recheck others as well. Below binds work in Spec Ops.

Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="Slomo 0.3",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="Slomo 1.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
  • edited August 2014
    One3rd said:

From your profile discussion....

imageimage

Examples of PlayersOnly in AlienRage.. unfortunatly you cannot toggle it off
  • Did you use both of the key binds? Unfortunately it's not a toggle and you'll need to use another key to turn it off.

Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
  • One3rd said:

Did you use both of the key binds? Unfortunately it's not a toggle and you'll need to use another key to turn it off.

Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

I tried different keys I made sure it was what you pasted.. but will obviously try doing it again when I'm home. At least there is progress, hopefully trying to unlock these games helps with other UE 3 games too
  • edited September 2014
    On another topic, does anyone know how I can rid of this shadow banding? It is more prevalent at distance but can also be seen up close with lower FOV's.

MOD NOTE: Really sorry but I edited this post instead of replied to it. What a douche. Can't remember what it looked like!

Edit: No problem. it was a reply to cicala on the playersonly bind and an image of the shadow banding...which we all know what it looks like anyway.
  • slo-mo works for last remnant

• One3rd said:

On another topic, does anyone know how I can rid of this shadow banding? It is more prevalent at distance but can also be seen up close with lower FOV's.

Shadows will often malfunction at very low FOVs. No technical cure I'm aware of. You'll have to adjust the shot or line up another.

Oh, and never set bUseMaxQualityMode to true in an Unreal game unless the developer advises otherwise. That option is so seldom beneficial that I think they just put it in there to trap shyster 'tweak' posters on forums.