Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UE3 Engine Tweak Questions

Comments

• edited March 2016
    I faced a new problem in Debug Camera Mode...How can I disable DEBUGCAMERAHUD info ?
  • Can you try "ToggleDebugCamera false" instead of just "ToggleDebugCamera?" That might work better. In the few games I tested it with, the debug info did not appear.
  • ToggleDebugCamera 0 also works but I believe it's the same as using false/true only it's in integers (I think that's what it's called.) instead of text.
    (1 for on/true and 0 for off/false.)

Might vary from game to game, I know I had some trouble in a few UE3 games getting rid of that debug text.
    (Two Brothers for example.)
  • Can you try "ToggleDebugCamera false" instead of just "ToggleDebugCamera?"

It works! Thanks a lot for a help.

• edited March 2016
    Have someone tried to use simple resolutions commands like this "Bindings=(Name="X",Command="setres YYYYxYYYY",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)" for downsampling without using any additional tools, like Gedosato. Are there any downsides of this method? The image sure looks crappy, but the screenshots itself do not show any visual artifacts.

The only thing I was able to discover is that the game stops drawing post processing effects above a certain height (http://i.picpar.com/xeLb.jpg) (only on the "vertical" shots, like 3:4 ), but it may not be related to this method and may be a problem of the game itself.
  • @nines

Of course. That command, if supported by the game, will work with any defined resolution that the game can use, including fullscreen resolutions such as what you can do with manual timings and DSR. For image quality DSR would be the best bet as it uses a downsampling algorithm on the resulting displayed image but when capturing the image you get the original size. Limitations are that on a 1080p monitor you can only go up to 4k atm.

Yes, there are also some visual anomalies when downsampling, specifically any post effects such as bloom,blur,lens flare, etc... The se visual effects are reduced as the resolution increases.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi all, I hope it's okay to ask this here. I found out it is actually possible to make some good screenshots removing HUD and tweaking stuff in The Last Remnant, another UE3 game released a few years ago. I know this title is not exactly famous and probably nobody really looked into it, but maybe someone will be able to solve my issues anyway.

There are some useful keybindings to add in C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\The last remnant\RushGame\Config\RushInput.ini:
    Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="toggleui_hud",Control=False,Shift=True,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="Ghost",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="Walk",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="Tiledshot 6 128",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="PlayersOnly",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Add",Command="Pause",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="FOV 20")
    Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="FOV 30")
    Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FOV 40")
    Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="FOV 50")
    Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="FOV 60")
    Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="FOV 70")
    Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="FOV 80")
    Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="Show POSTPROCESS",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="N",Command="Slomo 0.3",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="N",Command="Slomo 1.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="B",Command="Slomo 0.1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="V",Command="set pawn drawscale 0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="V",Command="set pawn drawscale 1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Four",Command="set DOFEffect bUseWorldSettings false",Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="Four",Command="set DOFEffect bUseWorldSettings true",Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Name="Eight",Command="set UberPostProcessEffect SceneDesaturation 0.0",Alt=False)
    Now, the FOV keys work with no troubles, the V command hides the character from the scene, the *, - and + seem to do what they are supposed to do as well. However for some reason the / to remove HUD and all the postprocessing bindings (DOF and such) do nothing when I press them, also holding Shift. I was wondering if I have to do something specific in this case (like using a Cheat Table and such) or if there are more commands to add in order to unlock them. I had similar troubles with other UE3 games, which I could solve using different codes or adding more lines. Not sure if it exists a free camera key for this game either; the standard one binded to F4 does not activate (tried that instead of the "FOV 40").

EDIT: Not sure exactly how it is even a thing, but applying spaces in the bindings (e.g Bindings = (Name =)) did the trick for me. Totally weird since with other bidings I had no troubles but... well, maybe this will turn out useful for someone else who is having troubles with specific UE3 bindings :) (and who is interested in this game as much as me).
  • edited September 2016
    Ladies and Gentlemen!
    Can you help me with removing these bliss-effects-on-camera? Maybe a console command?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have a clue myself. What game is it?

You might be able to remove it with HelixMod or 3DMigoto...or GeDoSaTo. What directX version is it using?
  • One3rd said:

What game is it? What directX version is it using?

This is a 32-bit game called "Lili Child of Geos". The effects are not so awful itself, but when I make a tiledshot it ruins the picture.

• does anyone have a clue no how to edit UWP .ini files ?!!

trying everything here to edit those files (GOW4 looks damn good ) but nothing seems to work , permission tricks are failing hard
  • edited October 2016
    What are you editing? The games ini files in it's install directory? That won't work as all new Win10 Store / UWP software use EFS to heavily encrypt every single file and the folder itself so yeah that's locked off, or it was until people found a way around it by using a tool to dump the files in a unencrypted form via UWPDumper-1.0 - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=55841579347168712043

From: http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1297881#p1297881 Which has some usage instructions and yeah intended to help crack these games but has other uses too for people curious about the files and such stuff (Modding too as has been done with the Halo Forge thing.) and I don't think there's been any major progress yet with actually cracking Win10Store / UWP because if it wasn't enough that it's in app form and now also encrypted these newer games also uses I think it's called Arxlan or some such which kinda like Denuvo is a very strong anti-tamper protection. (It's used in Mafia 3 for example as well as a few other games, unsure if it's as "friendly" to e.g Cheat-Engine as Denuvo is as long as you don't tamper with the DRM directly though.)

Beyond that what you generally edit instead (Such as for Quantum Break or ReCore) is the "Package" stored files which store saves and usage info and is located under:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe <- Sparta being what MS is calling this game in particular.<br />
    Settings and LocalState folder usually, LocalState generally holds the config files and other game specific content like logs and whatnot, settings holds the UWP related stuff though can contain save data and other content. :)
    (UE4 ini files are pretty bare though for the user generated ones and generally only hold user specified settings unlike UE3 where it's the full ini including whatever changes you've done so getting at the actual game ini files instead might be required though I have not tested this decryption method much myself so I don't know how easy it would be to edit the files and use them in place of the original ones so I can't offer much more to help with that as well I'm new to UWP too but hopefully it's something to start with at least.)

EDIT: And yeah it is possible to use Cheat-Engine and actual trainers too for UWP apps but it's a bit more cumbersome if I understood correctly plus it's not a popular platform so less activity overall.
    (I have not tested this either but I've seen trainers and such for Forza 3 for example.)
  • i wanted to add keybinds for screenshots , they are there in the xxxinput.ini files but needs activation

it's locked up for good that's all i know there's no way around it so far
  • Hi!
    A question about Singularity. It uses Unreal Engine 3.
    One guy edited Coalesced_RUS.bin with Hex editor and now we have a noclip function (F6/F9 - on/off). I can`t figure out how to edit other values. For example. toggle, fov. Who can help? Here is a file https://www.mediafire.com/file/nhi6f90ncllb2e3/sing_noclip_superjump by scikuni.rar.
  • @pinokkio

How did they edit it with hex editor? I wonder if one of those other Coalesced decrypters will work with those files?