Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Tomb Raider

Comments

• I have timestop :)

:)

custom resolution only with SRWE? There is another option?

• edited August 2014
    Marcelus said:

custom resolution only with SRWE? There is another option?

Windowed mode is the only way to get the aspect ratio to function properly. Otherwise you're stuck with 16:9 driver downsampling.

I have timestop :)

The table has been updated with an experimental timestop script.

F4 to enable the script (grabs the addresses you need)

F5 to pause, F6 to resume.

It's not REALLY paused. The speed is set to 0.001. That's so slow that very little will move. At all. Although I have run into a few scenarios where her head would try to snap where I pointed my mouse while everything else was frozen. But it doesn't happen every time.

Also, the camera can be a bit jumpy when you "pause."

Let me know if you find any bugs so I can ignore you because... I can't fix this shit. I'm messing with forces beyond my ken.

Issue#1: She still moves her head\arm sometimes when frozen, which can screw up the torch effect
    Issue#2: If you aim your bow, pause, and let go of right mouse, your arrow will disappear. Because they couldn't animate her putting the arrow back....
    Issue#3: Sometimes I fall through the level. Gotta reload a checkpoint to fix it...
  • edited August 2014
    Small update for anyone using timestop. I replaced the script with something more reliable. Should fix issue 4.

The radio tower climb used a fixed camera the entire way. I could move it around and change FOV, but the angle was locked. Why the hell do they do this. Arg....

I know you guys want to talk about the new Tomb Raider exclusivity, but this is a really strange thread to do that in.
  • edited August 2014
    So I know how to Hotsample with BWG now, but I haven't tried SRWE for hotsampling yet. Can anyone help? I can change the resolution width and height with SRWE but it just stretches the image, it doesn't actually render it in the resolution I select.
  • They should work the same. I didn't do anything special. I just set the game to windowed mode and change the resolution.

If BWG works and SRWE doesn't, there's nothing wrong with using BWG. I prefer SRWE for saved profiles but it's not THAT much of a time saver.
  • edited August 2014
    Oh I got it. I had the game set to a borderless window in the launch options, but it needed to be an ordinary window and then changed to borderless with SRWE :) Otherwise it just stretches the image instead of re-rendering it. Thanks

and BWG doesn't work with this.. I think.
  • Pixie said:

It does, although I had crashes when I tried 6000x resolutions. But it could just be my computer. Haven't tried with SRWE yet.

• Pixie said:

Oh I got it. I had the game set to a borderless window in the launch options, but it needed to be an ordinary window and then changed to borderless with SRWE :) Otherwise it just stretches the image instead of re-rendering it. Thanks

i would imagine re-rendering the whole scene from 1080p to 8k for example would require massive horse power
  • kx11 said:

i would imagine re-rendering the whole scene from 1080p to 8k for example would require massive horse power

Well, I can, and I am :P

I just couldnt work it out before. I'm quite new to "hotsampling"

• I have an upper limit with TressFX. Which seems to be around 25MP. Any higher and I get crashes. Without it I can go up to 40MP no problem.
  • There doesn't seem to be much point in using TressFX, if I get too close to Lara then the hair disappears when I up the resolution. So I can't do portraits with it or anything :(
  • edited August 2014
    Just don't up it too high? Beyond a certain point you will get diminishing returns. 4500x6000 with tressfx is still pretty greay quality-wise. And it does look much better up close.

imageimage

Of course, VRAM is going to be the determining factor. That, and nvidia cards (damn AMD optimized tech)
  • edited August 2014
    I guess I'll have to try lower resolutions then :) I just worry since I'm not using any anti-aliasing.
  • edited August 2014
    Neither am I. But I can't see any real quality difference between portraits taken at 4500x6000 and 5400x7600. Though sometimes I do need to go lower than 4500x6000. I usually just step it down by 300x400 until hair renders fine. Then decide if it looks good enough.

Also, the timestop is actually pretty solid. I don't suspect you'll get TOO many bugs. But let me know if you find any. (head tracking while timestopped is a known issue and probably can't be solved)
  • i guess my new 290x arrived just in time for those AMD powered games ( TR + hitman ) :p

the shot on the right with the rainbow seems to show the low quality skybox