Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Watch Dogs

Comments

• The game doesn't crash at all without CE. And I'm using an unmodified version of the table (both the latest that you uploaded here and a previous one). So I have no idea what could be the problem.
    What I can confirm is that, for instance, the game crashes immediately after attaching the CE when GeForce Experiences's Shadow Play fps counter is enabled. When it is not it takes a bit longer to crash.
    Any idea? Anything. Tell me the exact conditions that you're using in your PC to not suffering issues (game version, OS, drivers... I don't know... I sincerely have no idea but at this point anything could be useful,,, maybe you can sell me your PC? Haha).
    Yes, I can play the game, but that was already possible with my PS4.
    As of learning Cheat Engine, well, if an expert like you doesn't know how to solve this then there's no much chance that a guy like me could do any better.
    Thanks for the reply in any case! I'll be waiting a new response.
  • If the game is crashing right away when the table is attached, then it sounds like it's not my table specifically that's causing the crash? It won't actively do anything until you start enabling scripts anyways. Have you tried opening Cheat Engine by itself with no table and attaching that to Watch Dogs?

Thing is, I haven't played Watch Dogs in ages, so I don't really know much of the details about the game version anymore. Any info about my PC would be irrelevant seeing as I've changed a ton since I played the game. New GPUs, drivers, even upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 since then. I have no intentions of installing the game again to try and debug issues with Cheat Engine. I just don't have the time for that, unfortunately.
  • Sorry for the delay.
    I can confirm that the game is crashing even without any table as long as the Cheat Engine is attached. Which is good, right? Because it may narrow the possible causes. Maybe the settings from the Cheat Engine itself must be different?

• At this point, you're better off getting an account at the cheat engine forums and asking there. I'm no expect at troubleshooting problems. I just scan for crap and make tables :P
  • Ok then. Many thanks!!
  • edited June 2016
    Jim, I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! I'm super happy. It's really REALLY great. I love you, thanks for making this trainer, thanks Ubisoft for making the game and thanks God (or whoever) for creating the universe. :D
  • edited June 2016
    ital92 said:

Jim, I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! I'm super happy. It's really REALLY great. I love you, thanks for making this trainer, thanks Ubisoft for making the game and thanks God (or whoever) for creating the universe. :D

I love it when people with problems posting on an internet forum don't say HOW they fixed the issue /s
    Aw man :\
  • Cheat-Engine crashes (That is, the game crashes when you try to hook to it.) can be caused by a variety of different things so it can be a bit difficult to troubleshoot.

In general check to see if you have the latest version of Cheat-Engine itself (As of this post 6.5.1) via http://www.cheatengine.org/ it's generally not necessary but you can further update the program via SVN compiled builds from https://1e97ecfb19139e5335995ff96bb835d04ab12791.googledrive.com/host/0BwMAnE6mjogMTmpYMGstY1NPQnc/ for further fixes.

In Cheat-Engine itself after opening it you should check the Edit -> Settings menu and the Debugger Options settings, usually it's enough to change the debugger settings from "windows debugger" to "VEH debugger" (There's a more advanced version still with Kernel debugger but it requires a variety of things and even uses drivers and virtual machine.)

Besides that the Cheat-Engine table itself could be problematic although depending on how the option you want to use is set up the results can vary a bit, something that tries to scan for a address might just end up with the option not enabling whereas if it's targeting a address directly it can result in the game crashing which usually comes from a version mismatch such as after a patch or a difference between say a UPlay native version of the game or a version that goes via the Steam API and then to UPlay. (In some rarer cases there can also be exe or well code/memory differences as a result of different regional versions of the game sometimes even between EU and US territories although that's even rarer.)

There is also things such as DRM interference or direct anti-cheat implementations causing problems in games and this tends to vary heavily from game to game even from the same developer and can furthermore be altered via patches to said game with the results ranging from Cheat-Engine being detected and your game profile or very account getting flagged to just halting the game by causing it to crash, infamously some very aggressive means have actually targeted hardware although it's probably highly unlikely to be used again anytime soon, actually some of the early floppy-based protections involved formatting said floppy for games back then.
    (As a example I am "Game Banned" in Call of Duty Black Ops III because of various anti-cheat methods in that game and in particular after a security update for the game - as they call many of the smaller patches. - a few months after the initial release that did a pretty drastic change by targeting the offline mode version of the game too, thankfully it's not a full on VAC ban or well I guess in my case it wouldn't have mattered ultimately as I never play online but there are actual restrictions to your account if it comes to a full VAC violation, bit of a surprise move but it is ultimately up to the developer or publisher to manage their own game and this doesn't just go for Cheat-Engine which is fairly easy to detect but also injectors or overlay software at times from Fraps or Afterburner to ReShade as these injections are also very easy to detect as I understand it.)

Anyway I am not aware of Watch_Dogs having a actual anti-cheat implementation so it's unlikely to have any significance for this game. (The Division however had one added by a recent patch and it's being tuned further in the upcoming 1.3 update so be careful with for example the free-cam utility for that game, just as a side note.)

Also when it comes to DRM "Denuvo" while it does make it hard to actually reverse engineer said DRM and break or well "crack" the software it does not generally target Cheat-Engine or other injectors and in fact it's usually very relaxed so it's pretty easy to debug these games just as long as you do not try to tamper with the DRM directly or if the developers have other implementations for actual injection detection and anti-cheat functionality.
    (Steam API and similar such as EA Origin and Ubisoft Orbit/Uplay generally also only really check to see if the game is connected to their software platforms and that the account is valid and has a license for running the actual game, since these have apparently become fairly trivial to circumvent via loaders or small emulators there's usually other copy protections involved in tandem such as Valve offering CEG with optional hardware checks and Ubisoft recently jumped on to Denuvo for some of their games as has EA since a while back in addition to some of the various smaller Steam publishers.)
  • edited January 20
    I just opened the game (Watch_Dogs Complete, Steam) and the table is working flawless, using Cheat Engine 6.5 (64 bits).
    Here is the link to the table, the same one that One3rd shared some months ago: [removed]

Try using the same I do and see if it still crashes.
  • edited January 18
    Late to the party! (well, I already played this game 3 years ago or so, but back then I didn't take any shots of any game ;)). So I have this shiny camera system and I thought, let's create one for Watchdogs :) So I started an hour ago. I have the uplay version, not the steam version. I think the uplay version is a bit different from the steam version as the steam version obviously has steam related code in it, but I hope this is in the .exe itself and not in the dll where the camera cruft is located.

The table I have is likely the same one in the OP, and everything works except the camera coords: these work sometimes. Looking into the camera structure, I saw why: they use two :) This is also the reason why you had to enable fov/camera a couple of times before things work: there are two structures, they swap them each frame it seems, and copy one over to the other, and then fill the new one. Finding the camera struct coords might be a bit of a struggle as there are two and the table has a problem with this too (you see the FoV address change in the table). Anyway, the coords are easy to find if you look into the camera structure around the FoV. The quaternion is also easy, as it is a couple of addresses up from the FoV (this is easy to test, simply nop a write to one of the 4 elements, move around the camera, if it moves like a drunken sailor, you're good).

Timestop works too, so that's easy to add as well. Hopefully I have a working injectable camera this weekend. Of course no-one plays this game anymore, but creating a camera is a fun hacking project so who cares :)

@gift: the URL you point to isn't valid anymore: it seems to spread a .iso file which I think isn't a ct table.
  • OtisInf said:

Timestop works too, so that's easy to add as well. Hopefully I have a working injectable camera this weekend. Of course no-one plays this game anymore, but creating a camera is a fun hacking project so who cares :)

Will this fix the camera auto-orienting when in a car? (I could never figure out which addresses to NOP.) I'd love to go back and shoot a bit more of some of that Madness level.
    OtisInf said:

@gift: the URL you point to isn't valid anymore: it seems to spread a .iso file which I think isn't a ct table.

Thanks, I've removed the link just in case.
  • One3rd said:

OtisInf said:

Will this fix the camera auto-orienting when in a car? (I could never figure out which addresses to NOP.) I'd love to go back and shoot a bit more of some of that Madness level.
    It should, yes. I block all writers and do my own rotation / movement. I have rotation etc. now working, movement is a bit buggy still, but most of the work is done. Strangely enough their gamepad code is not blockable, so moving the camera moves Douchbag as well. kb/mouse blocking works though.

The game stores a 3x3 matrix at offset 0x44+ in the camera struct (coords at offset 0x4) . This is unusual (as it requires re-construction of the 4x4 matrix you have to hand to Direct3D) but it could be used to calculate the rotation :) I sought for a quaternion (which is 4 floats) but as there were 9 values I couldn't figure out which to pick. Then I slowly realized 9 values==3x3 matrix... The 3x3 matrix is the rotation part of a camera matrix (which is 4x4, so the 3x3 is row0,col0 to row2,col2). The coordinates are at the bottom at row 3, col0-col3 in a Direct3D matrix (and in the last column in an OpenGL matrix).

Yeah the game copies the data around a lot so you have to NOP multiple blocks of code, which are also used by non-camera code to make it easier for us ;). Hopefully a working camera today or tomorrow :)
  • I believe I just shared the same link One3rd shared back then, maybe I am crazy. Anyway, here it is, from my personal Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_PDTeqBWaOBdlQ4T21NTW9Vcmc/view
  • Camera done except ToD. Will hack that in and then I'll release it. Added gamespeed increase/decrease as well (from 0.1 to 10.0, accessible when time is stopped). Will likely backport that to the Hitman camera when I have to update it when its January update hits!

@gift, yeah it might very well be the site removed it and replaced it with something nasty.
  • Here you go :) https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Watch_Dogs

Works in cutscenes as well. I saw the hud toggle by the janitor leaves some textures still visible in the latest build of the game, but they're minor. Haven't tried in a car yet, but I doubt it fails then. Enjoy!