Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolfenstein: The New Order Config Tweaks

Comments

• edited June 2014
    MOD EDIT: This is not a general performance tweaks forum. Try the Steam Community instead.
  • The new patch fixed multisampling. :)

"
    - Enabling multisampling antialiasing through the in-game console will no longer break skin shaders and reflections

"
    (Of course using the blend command to get up to 64x samples and a high-res screenshot at 4K or 8K will probably still be better for high quality screenshots but maybe they can be used together.)

And some other stuff, console is still available and all commands seem to still work. :)
  • Raztaman said:

A lot of those cvars are outside of valid ranges, you clearly have no idea what you're doing with them, not to mention that multiple cvars you've listed don't even exist... Hardwaretextures, hands_fovscale, skipadaptiveglare, view_blur_min and max are all unavailable in the retail version of the game. -1 is not a valid entry for basically anything, save for a few specifics afaik and it looks like you've assumed that it's "disable" for everything. Made worse by the fact that you seem to have gone around to several sites sharing some of your broken settings =/

That comment would have been really constructive were it not for the fact that you opted out of supplying us with for instance a better config, or being specific on what cvars should have been left out. Also, for someone to have joined the site four hours ago you could do worse than choosing a different tone. I don't mind people offering invalid information, as long as it's meant well. What I can't abide is someone clearly not interested in being useful, acting snide. Do better.
  • Raztaman said:

At this point I'm kinda having trouble with custom keybindings... Am I right to assume they need to be in a read-only wolfconfig.cfg ?

Exactly. Some example binds,
    bind "F1" "toggle g_showhud"
    bind "F2" "toggle g_showhud;toggle hands_show"
    bind "F7" "cvarrandom g_stoptime 1 1"
    bind "F8" "cvarrandom g_stoptime 0 0"
    bind "F9" "cvaradd g_fov 5"
    bind "F10" "cvaradd g_fov -5"

And WolfConfig (as you probably found) is in
    C:\Users\*name*\Saved Games\MachineGames\Wolfenstein The New Order\base
  • Raztaman said:

Sorry if I came across that way but it's a bit frustrating to trust someone else's settings only to find out that a lot of them are useless, even though I'm nowhere near an expert who knows how to test any of these settings.

See? Much more likeable. All good. If we're all on our best behaviour we can leave the more choleric discourse to Duncan.
  • Midhras said:

If we're all on our best behaviour we can leave the more choleric discourse to Duncan.

• Raztaman said:

Meep said:

Raztaman said:

At this point I'm kinda having trouble with custom keybindings... Am I right to assume they need to be in a read-only wolfconfig.cfg ?

Exactly. Some example binds,
    bind "F1" "toggle g_showhud"
    bind "F2" "toggle g_showhud;toggle hands_show"
    bind "F7" "cvarrandom g_stoptime 1 1"
    bind "F8" "cvarrandom g_stoptime 0 0"
    bind "F9" "cvaradd g_fov 5"
    bind "F10" "cvaradd g_fov -5"

And WolfConfig (as you probably found) is in
    C:\Users\*name*\Saved Games\MachineGames\Wolfenstein The New Order\base
    Thanks for the speedy response. This method doesn't seem to work for me at all, I can't toggle hands, HUD or DoF.... Below are the bindings I'm attempting to use.

Bind "F2" "toggle g_showhud 0 1"
    Bind "F3" "cvarrandom hands_show 0 1"
    Bind "F4" "cvarrandom hands_show 1 2"
    bind "F5" "cvarrandom r_postprocessdofmode -1 -1"
    bind "F6" "cvarrandom r_postprocessdofmode 5 5"

I'll try the first two example commands you gave me and see if those work, not sure why I have them the way I do. Judging from your example stoptime command, my DoF toggle should be correct, but it's not.

do not use quotes

• damn it Free cam is needed badly for this game
  • Is there a cvar or something for player view height? I noticed in Duncan's description of his set "variable player view height" this would go along way.
  • I'm fairly new to CE and its scripts and seeing that the majority of you are experienced, I couldn't see anyone ask/tell how to actually use the provided CT. Sorry if there is already a thread about this, but how exactly do I use the CT and enable the script/s? It only lets me check a few boxes, I can't check anything with a script value. Does this mean the CT is outdated? Also, how does this program know which game it's supposed to apply these scripts to? Do I have to load the game itself on CE as a process first or put the CE file in the game directory?

Oh god, what a noob I am! :) I appreciate any kind of reply. Thanks in advance!

• edited July 2015
    Leyla said:

I'm fairly new to CE and its scripts and seeing that the majority of you are experienced, I couldn't see anyone ask/tell how to actually use the provided CT. Sorry if there is already a thread about this, but how exactly do I use the CT and enable the script/s? It only lets me check a few boxes, I can't check anything with a script value. Does this mean the CT is outdated? Also, how does this program know which game it's supposed to apply these scripts to? Do I have to load the game itself on CE as a process first or put the CE file in the game directory?

Oh god, what a noob I am! :) I appreciate any kind of reply. Thanks in advance!

I think it is K-putt CT. Try jim2point0 table

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jim2point0/17625611732

1. start game
    2. in game alt+tab and run table
    3.in the upper left corner click on the flashing icon and select the exe for Wolfenstein
    4.back in to game

numpad 0 : enable/disable free_cam
    numpad 4/6/8/2 : move
    numpad 3/9 move Up/Down

• Hi Friends,

I wonder if there's a way to force a wireframe in the Wolfenstein-Game. I've tried all OpenGL-Injectors I could find (glIntercept, GPU PerfStudio, gDebugger) but nothing works and the console commands like "g_drawnormals" are disabled in the retail version.

Do you guys have any other idea?
  • Hi! Anybody knows how to change aspect ratio? My screenshots with WBG are weird a little bit )
  • edited April 21
    swre works fine. do you have a table with free cam? jms table doesnt work for me. his old blood table works
  • edited August 22
    I found out that if you enable debug dof via the console, you can set a couple depth of field parameters, allowing you to configure near and far depth of field blur, curve as well as the cut-off distance. You can also independently set sky depth of field.
    In this pastebin you can find the keybinds that can be used to manually configure the depth of field effect. I tested this in Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (edits go in the wolftobconfig.cfg), but they should probably also work in The New Order (write to wolfconfig.cfg).

If you open the console and type "dof" and then hit TAB, you'll see all the dof parameters and their current values. If you want your depth of field tweaking to appear, be sure to enable debug dof (set the boolean to '1' using either the keybind toggle, or a cvaradd command in the console.

Hope this helps anyone.