Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolfenstein: The New Order Config Tweaks

Comments

• I have a few technical problems... Some places are weirdly blurred, even with "cvarrandom r_postprocessdofmode -1 -1" (place in red circle on this screenshot). I use "r_multiSamples 8" and edges are still jaggy. I guess it's because of strong sharpen shader. Is it possible to turn it off? Turning off film grain would be also nice.

Last thing... Game cannot switch to full-screen properly. When I change resolution to 3200x1800 on FullHD monitor, it not shrink but stay in 1:1, like with windowed mode. Is it normal because of OpenGL?
  • edited May 2014
    vt_upsample* and vt_useupsample should control the post-process effects for texture "improvements" namely a sharpening filter, a noise filter and a texture filter.
    (vt_upsample* is just what leads to those three actual commands, vt_useupsample should control if the effect is used at all but I have not seen a big difference so far.)

These were added in a later update for Rage and they looked pretty bad at the default values in my opinion but as I mentioned I can't seem to notice the commands doing much of anything in this game, other than the filter one since just like in rage raising this above 3 (bicubic) introduces serious stuttering.
    (Those later filters are combinations of sinc and one other effect.)
  • Are you sure it's really edge aliasing that you're seeing? Texture compression is pretty severe in idTech while the edges are relatively hard to detect.
  • Updated my CE table a bit. I'm now using scripts to find the addresses.

• Great! Thanks!
  • djh_ said:

Are you sure it's really edge aliasing that you're seeing? Texture compression is pretty severe in idTech while the edges are relatively hard to detect.

Hmm that could be it now that you mention it, textures are a special JPG format (Thus lossy, thus compression artifacts and the like.) then converted to DXC or what it was called (A DDS format I believe or a compression level of DDS.) I'll have to look it up and see for sure how that worked.

That said source texture data would probably be around a TB or so as with Rage and for any noticeable upgrade in texture quality we'd probably need a 100 GB or the like instead of the current ~33 GB of textures.
    (IDTech5 might have some advantages but the texture streaming method or rather the multitexture tech has a few downsides as well.)
  • Not sure if anyone can help - I run a triple monitor setup, not setup for eyefinity at all. It's currently defaulting to monitor '1' as the monitor I want to play on, but that is one of my portrait monitors, not my main 27" (monitor 3). Anyone know what I can add to the config file to force it to use monitor 3? Have googled quite a bit and not having any joy, and playing in a portrait resolution is just bizarre!!!
  • Anyone know how to jump levels or load a specific level?

Thanks.
  • edited June 2014
    Well.... I tried. Sadly, setting my resolution to 5120x2160 causes my game to crash or my PC to freeze. The lack of SLI support does not help.
  • How do I turn off g_permaGodMode "1" cheat code?
  • How do I turn off g_permaGodMode "1" cheat code?

It saves to the config file along with the ammo one but putting them into the console prompt again with a value of 0 should disable them and save the new value of 0 (off) to the config file. :)
    (Might have to restart the checkpoint or such but I think it will work anyway.)

As a general note enabling either that or the ammo cheat will disable perk unlocking so you have to use other console commands to force unlock those.
    (And since the normal godmode and unlimited ammo codes are restricted this was probably a oversight by the developers.)
  • Is there a NOCLIP Mode.Code that can be used.

No.

• Is there a way to disable the sharpening in this game? It's making aliasing so much more pronounced. Especially in textures, and that is so hard to eliminate to begin with.
  • Is there a way to disable the sharpening in this game? It's making aliasing so much more pronounced. Especially in textures, and that is so hard to eliminate to begin with.

->

vt_upsample* and vt_useupsample should control the post-process effects for texture "improvements" namely a sharpening filter, a noise filter and a texture filter.
    (vt_upsample* is just what leads to those three actual commands, vt_useupsample should control if the effect is used at all but I have not seen a big difference so far.)

These were added in a later update for Rage and they looked pretty bad at the default values in my opinion but as I mentioned I can't seem to notice the commands doing much of anything in this game, other than the filter one since just like in rage raising this above 3 (bicubic) introduces serious stuttering.
    (Those later filters are combinations of sinc and one other effect.)

• IS there a way to turn off or lower lighting rays b/c it drops my framerate in half