Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games that support Hotsampling! (SRWE\WBG)

123457»

Comments

• Btw, DTG was so kind to open source the sourcecode for SRWE on github: https://github.com/dtgDTGdtg/SRWE
  • Added:

Shadow Warrior 2
    Battlefield 1
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • I've released a new SRWE version, 2.3.0.

https://github.com/dtgDTGdtg/SRWE/releases/tag/2.3.0

Changes:
    - added link label for copyright message to visit github repo
    - window is now resizable
    - Fixed (DA:I required fix makes SRWE less usable for ROTTR) by adding a new setting: ForceExitSizeMoveMessage. User can set this through the UI. Default, false
    - added migration code so settings aren't flushed when new version is released, new settings are added to existing file, version is bumped.
    - default folder for open/save dialogs is now obtained from last used profile
    - Increased # of elements in recent profile menu to 20. Elements are now also generated from constant
    - Added auto attach to last known process optional setting
    - Added Alt-key shortcuts to tab bar menu items and buttons
    - Fixed tab order in UI.

Wanted to add hotkey per profile but the UI is not designed for that. DTG (the original author)'s UI has to be redesigned a bit to introduce the concept of a profile better. This would require more time than I had so I'll do that later.
  • edited October 2016
    Increased # of elements in recent profile menu to 20. Elements are now also generated from constant
    Brilliant. That's a damn useful feature, as I often run out of profiles in that menu and have to start loading from my saved profiles again (I have 80, sorted by aspect ratio).
  • yeah it bugged me to no end too :) Opening a profile now also opens the folder with profiles as default so that takes less time too. The UI should get a facelift though, for screenshotters there's a lot of info taking screen estate that has no use. I ran out of time so that will be next time :)
  • edited November 2016
    Many UE4 games support hotsampling, like Abzu and Ethan Carter Redux, the problem is that you can alt-tab out and type the new resolution so the game hotsamples, but when you alt-tab back, the game window resets to standard resolution, which is very annoying.

In Ethan Carter Redux, I can ditch SRWE and use r.setres command to set the render resolution, but for Abzu there's no console so I dunno how to fix that.

I found one workaround is to tick WS_DISABLED under Window Styles in SRWE so the game window stays in the background and you can use MSI Afterburner to capture the screenshot, however you can't fine-tuning the composition so this is kinda reluctant.

Any ideas?

(Edited for better understanding)

Also on topic, Skyrim Special Edition definitely hotsamples if you check Force EXITSIZEMOVE in SRWE. This one was captured at 3600x4800 via hotsampling https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5632/30908948965_cffd81c903_o.png
  • Darksiders Warmastered Edition works with SRWE
    Dirt Rally worked with SRWE up to version 1.11, after the occulus patch (1.2) it only stretches the window.
  • "The Evil Within 2" seems to support hotsampling, viewport is resized correctly. is there a way to dump a single frame at high resolution? I want to appreciate the art.
  • edited October 25
    Virake said:

"The Evil Within 2" seems to support hotsampling, viewport is resized correctly. is there a way to dump a single frame at high resolution? I want to appreciate the art.

Use my camera tools and hud toggle so you can stop the game, then alt-tab to srwe, resize the viewport, take the shot etc. :) -> https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/TEW2
  • thank you, I'll report here if I have any success with it.
  • hmm… about 20 detections at VirusTotal. I assume that's because it's a DLL-injector that uses the same methods as cheat tools?
  • but it seems to work
  • Virake said:

hmm… about 20 detections at VirusTotal. I assume that's because it's a DLL-injector that uses the same methods as cheat tools?

Yes, it's the injector which injects the dll into another process which isn't going to make virusscanners happy. The camera dll is open source, you can inspect everything on github. The injector is C# btw, you can decompile it too, if you want. :)
  • BTW Assassin's creed origins supports hotsampling as well. Only works in 'windowed' mode, so borderless still doesn't hotsample. :)
  • Updated the list a bit.