Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Borderlands 2

Essential Cheat Engine Table
Here's the table I use for Borderlands 2. This cheat engine table is a combination of various community efforts, including my own. It's my hotkey setup though... so if you don't like it, I suggest you familiarize yourself with changing hotkeys in Cheat Engine.

Download table

Once in-game, click [Enable] to expand the meat of the table.

Inside you'll see a group called "[screenshotting]." This is where I keep everything useful for screenshots.

[Unreal Engine Cheats]
Click this script to enable the following hotkeys:
playersonly: numpad 1
fly: numpad 2
ghost: numpad 3
god mode: numpad 7

[Day\Night Time and Scale]
Enable this to gain control over the time of day.
numpad add and numpad subtract to move time forward\backward
Hold CTRL to move it more.

[FreeCam v4.0]
F5 toggles between 3rd person, free camera, fixed camera, and 1st person.

I bound numpad 5 to toggle this on and off. The reason is because if you use the free camera on 1 map and then go to another map, the free camera will still be where you left it. Toggling the script on\off allows it to reset to your current position.

Some keys I added while in free camera mode:
alt+O - really fast camera speed
alt+P - default camera speed (slow)
Page up - move the camera straight up
Page down - move the camera straight down

[Time Scale Multiplier]
Slow motion. Use the following number keys:
alt+7 (2% speed)
alt+8 (10% speed)
alt+9 (50% speed)
alt+0 (normal speed)

[Visibility]
alt+V - become invisible to enemies (they won't attack you).
alt+B - become visible again

Enabling the Borderlands 2 console
Open:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini"

Find the "[Engine.Console]" section and add the following line right after it:
ConsoleKey=Tilde
TypeKey=Backslash
You will now be able to use the single-entry console with the Backslash key or the normal console with ~

commands
ToggleHUD
FOV ##

How to achieve depth of field
If you want this sort of effect:
1. Pick a weapon with iron sights.
2. Zoom in to enable depth of field.
3. Enable the free camera. You need to do that before enabling PlayersOnly as you'll not be able to zoom in once the game is frozen.
4. While zooming, your FOV will be narrowed. If you set your zoom mode to toggle (options menu), you can use the console to set a larger FOV while zoomed).

The DOF looks nice but it is completely ruined by in-game FXAA. So disable that if you plan on taking shots with DoF. Otherwise, I find in-game FXAA helps smooth out the outlines a bit, so it's nice to have on. Especially if you can't afford a ton of SGSSAA.

Most of the credit for this table goes to Sunbeam (for UE3 cheats) and Technojacker (for keeping the AOBs up-to-date and compiling scripts from several tables).

Comments

• Which version of the game is this table for?
  • edited August 2014
    All of the versions!

(I've been using the same table for about a year now)
  • All of the versions!

(I've been using the same table for about a year now)

Ok, must be doing it wrong then..
    Used 32bit CE, says hooked.. try binds nothing working. try enabling in the CE window, still not work.. oh well I'll look at Fable then xD
  • edited August 2014
    It definitely works. And I'd say it's worth figuring out because the CE table has more functionality than Fable 3, and the game itself has better screenshotting opportunities (in my opinion)

You need to click on [Enable] for a lot of stuff to work. You'll need [Unreal Engine Cheats] for PlayersOnly.
  • It definitely works. And I'd say it's worth figuring out because the CE table has more functionality than Fable 3, and the game itself has better screenshotting opportunities (in my opinion)

You need to click on [Enable] for a lot of stuff to work. You'll need [Unreal Engine Cheats] for PlayersOnly.

Yeah will keep trying.. of course, definetely more feature packed with your table because of the usual console commands in UE3, obviously locked though.. even when Gearbox made a love letter to pc gamers -_-... A FOV Slider alone does not make up for shitty ports
  • I don't think opening up the console commands is requisite for a good PC port :P
  • What's wrong with the PC port exactly?
  • Nothing really. It's pretty fantastic.
  • djh_ said:

What's wrong with the PC port exactly?

What I was referring to was the love letter to pc gamers about making a good pc game.. the port itself is fine.. but I still dont understand why they have to go and disable alot of the console commands.
    (And I mentioned the FOV Slider, because alot of pc youtube video reviewers mark down points if a game doesnt have a feature like that.. which obviously thats a silly mindset, but dw the way I think about these things is too complex for words.. )
  • Complex or unstructured? (I'm sorry, but when people say they've baked a nice cake, I want a piece of it.)
  • Most PC gamers aren't really concerned with what console commands are available. A lot of those commands are used for cheats. And while I fully support a your right to cheat your ass off, you can carry those cheats into the online co-op.

The only time I'm ever bothered by the removal of the console\commands is in single-player only games.

Of course, WE complain because it makes our job harder. But I think they did a stellar job with the PC port. It looks better and runs faster than Borderlands 1. Also has more options. It's about the best you can hope for with Unreal Engine 3 (as far as options are concerned).
  • edited August 2014

Most PC gamers aren't really concerned with what console commands are available. A lot of those commands are used for cheats. And while I fully support a your right to cheat your ass off, you can carry those cheats into the online co-op.

The only time I'm ever bothered by the removal of the console\commands is in single-player only games.

Of course, WE complain because it makes our job harder. But I think they did a stellar job with the PC port. It looks better and runs faster than Borderlands 1. Also has more options. It's about the best you can hope for with Unreal Engine 3 (as far as options are concerned).

Cheating is something from my PS1 days.. used to print pages worth.. (I never cheat anymore, I strive to play games in the hardest difficulty or with the hardest mods) I like to have full control of all aspects under the hood (graphics, hud, input etc) including things that make taking screenshots easier and more interesting, of course it wont appeal to the masses or is important for the masses. Probably not my favourite Unreal Engine 3 game though,
    if you consider Arkham Knight that will be one of the last games to be using part of the UE3 engine seeing how Rocksteady overhauled it.
    Midhras said:

Complex or unstructured? (I'm sorry, but when people say they've baked a nice cake, I want a piece of it.)

lets just say unstructured then, not combining the right words to get 'everyone' to understand what I am typing.
  • edited August 2014
    The 'love letter to PC' thing was a pretty transparent marketing gimmick that was dutifully picked up by news sites and those looking to throw it back in Gearbox's face. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when such a thing means simply making a multiplatform game work properly on three rather than two platforms. A 'love letter' doesn't mean leading on Xbox 360. I don't write a love letter to Julia saying, 'Hey Julia, I'm seeing Sandy five days a week but I suppose I can see you on weekends.'
  • djh_ said:

The 'love letter to PC' thing was a pretty transparent marketing gimmick that was dutifully picked up by news sites and those looking to throw it back in Gearbox's face. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when such a thing means simply making a multiplatform game work properly on three rather than two platforms. A 'love letter' doesn't mean leading on Xbox 360. I don't write a love letter to Julia saying, 'Hey Julia, I'm seeing Sandy five days a week but I suppose I can see you on weekends.'

I never took it notice of it until a few months ago because I bought the game in december last year :3 gosh why can't it be the old days when RCTW and Quake Wars was around

• Finally got working ran everything as admin and put BL2 in win7 compatibility mode.. wonder if it has something to do with Win 8.1 Enterprise. (So if others have similar issue of the table not working, do what I did).