Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Alan Wake

Free Camera
Requires a controller!

1. Open your steam library
2. Right click on Alan Wake and click "properties"
3. In "general" -> click "set launch options"
4. In the box, type "-freecamera"

(You can also do this via a shortcut on your desktop.)

Controlling the camera
During gameplay, press the right stick down to enable the free camera

Cheat Engine Table
Download Table (for latest version on steam)

[Timestop]

F1 = Pause
F2 = Resume

- Most animations can be paused (running, jumping, dodging). But if you're just standing still, he'll still aim his gun with the camera.
- You can also add your own hotkey for slow motion if you want.

[FOV control]
F3 to toggle

Numpad + \ - to increase\decrease

Custom Resolutions
Follow the steps above to get to your launch options. Add the following (customized to your liking):
"-window -w3840 -h2160"

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I wish every game had this option :(

Don't forget to add the commands to force a custom resolution.

-window
    -w 3840
    -h 1600

• edited March 2014
    I forgot how I set my resolution for that game. I remember doing it in a config, but I could be wrong. SRWE works great though if you're going above 4K
  • Hey

I'm new here and just trying this screenshot mode. I am using a 360 controller and if I press the right stick down nothing really happens.
    Also when I try the windowed mode with higher resolutions, the window is stuck in the upper left corner.

Seems like I am doing everything wrong haha. Would be great if someone could help.

best
  • @ig3ss , is your game patched to the latest version? (1.4 added the free camera). Apart from that you just add the -freecamera command in either your steam library game or if you have a shortcut in your desktop as Jim said ,it should work :P

For the window resolution ,do you you want to capture screenshots higher than 4k? (3840x2160) . If you have an Nvidia card and you have created custom resolutions in your control panel they should be visible in game's options, if not then change your desktop resolution to the resolution you want to use and then launch the game and select the resolution from ingame. For higher you may run it in window mode and use SRWE to resize to whatever resolution you want :)
  • edited March 2014
    Stein3x said:

@ig3ss , is your game patched to the latest version? (1.4 added the free camera). Apart from that you just add the -freecamera command in either your steam library game or if you have a shortcut in your desktop as Jim said ,it should work :P

For the window resolution ,do you you want to capture screenshots higher than 4k? (3840x2160) . If you have an Nvidia card and you have created custom resolutions in your control panel they should be visible in game's options, if not then change your desktop resolution to the resolution you want to use and then launch the game and select the resolution from ingame. For higher you may run it in window mode and use SRWE to resize to whatever resolution you want :)

ok now I got the free camera. really nice.

4K sould be enough for my hardware, so I will stick with this. I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor. How do I manage to change this to 4K? Using a Radeon HD 7850 card on Win 7.

Thanks!

• ig3ss said:

How do I manage to change this to 4K? Using a Radeon HD 7850 card on Win 7.

Read Jim's first post. There is a little guide how to setup a custom resolution.
  • edited March 2014
    Worth noting that for me to go beyond my maximum downsampling resolution, I had to use custom resolutions on both of my 2 monitors in a way that the large window would fit.

For 5120x2880 (before my new monitor), I had to do 3840x2160 on my left monitor,and 2400x3200 on my right monitor. After the game launched, I would resize with SRWE and put my monitors back to normal.

Seems not everyone has to do that or maybe there's a better way. That's just what I had to do. And if you find your window gets shrunk to your desktop size, that's how you fix it.
  • The game started in 4k for me. I had to use SRWE to reszie the window to 1080p.
  • edited August 2014
    Added CE table for timestop and FOV control
  • A small change.

This -> "-window -w 3840 -h 2160"; should be this -> "-window -w3840 -h2160", without the spaces between the width and height command line entries.
  • Does anyone have access to the cheat table? The Dropbox link is giving the 429 error.
  • Updated the link to Google Drive.

Some random PC Gamer article killed my dropbox account by overloading the traffic...
  • Much appreciated Jim. Everything works like a charm except for the DOF trigger.
  • Game is 90% off (whole franchise) today and tomorrow, for the few people who don't have it yet.