Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Dark Souls

Comments

• That reminds me: I still have to give Hatti the game so he can research his options. If someone sees it on sale, do let me know.
  • man you're too late , it was on sale dozens of times

you're talking about DS 1 ? or both ?
  • DS2. It's on sale on GMG, but sadly, all sold out.
  • now if Hatti could take a look at crysis\Ryse that'd be great
  • Love DkS1, I need to rebuy it since it is on my old account xP
  • I updated the OP with new information regarding the updated plugin for Widescreen Fixer, which will enable you to run the Steamworks version of the game in custom aspect ratios. Yay!
  • Apparently the plugin hosted on Helifax's site is the old version still. Once he updates, I'll make note of it here.
  • Help please. I've tried downloading the fov changer but instead i'm directed to a new page which has a wall of text... it's like a big block of code looking stuff.

starts with: ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

ti9cmB+{H;2Z90yBtX-y1e300*

... ends with: addHotKey("TeleportSave", VK_NUMPAD0)
    addHotKey("TeleportLoad", VK_DECIMAL)

I have no idea what to do. I cry, the fov in dark souls 1 is ruining the game and making me play noob because i cannot even see the boss doing shit.
  • edited April 2015
    That is the raw cheat table in XML form. Right-click the "Download the table" link and select "save link as" to save the .CT file. Then open game, open Cheat Engine, attach your game process, then attach this table you just downloaded.
  • edited April 2015
    One3rd said:

That is the raw cheat table in XML form. Right-click the "Download the table" link and select "save link as" to save the .CT file. Then open game, open Cheat Engine, attach your game process, then attach this table you just downloaded.

thank you senpai! i've used cheat tables and cheat engine a lot before, but never experienced this before. lesson forever learned.

EDIT: the script wont work. The LUA script wont work, the boxes wont tick... when i try to find data.exe it's not even there. perhaps because I'm using the most updated steam version of the game? I've read they have stopped people using cheat engine in dark souls 1 :/

EDIT2: herpy derpy herp derp derpy
  • Oh. It looks like the game was updated to Steamworks, removing the taint of XBOX Live. This would most likely have broken the scripts in the cheat table as it would now be a different .exe.

I don't know much about how the table was created but I did notice that Jim's is using AOB scans for the various pointers so it could still work. I don't currently have it installed so can't check it for you at the moment but maybe someone else here has used it after the Steamworks upgrade?

Also, your last comment is out of place in this forum. This is not the place for Developer bashing.
  • edited April 2015
    The table in this thread hasn't been updated since XBox Live was removed. And I somehow doubt that my last steamworks version works because that was when it was still in beta.

I just can't keep up with games that are being constantly patched. Especially since FOV in this game is referenced in static addresses, so an aobscan won't help. We just need more people dipping their hands into cheat engine and learning it ;P
  • Yeah, shit. I think I'm gonna have to. I wonder where to start. Learning to (read) code first, I guess.
  • Midhras said:

Yeah, shit. I think I'm gonna have to. I wonder where to start. Learning to (read) code first, I guess.

I found these posts by Jim pivotal in helping me break through my first successful static address and AOB scan.

1. Jim pointed to an excellent guide by Rydian on how to find pointers and AOB scans. At the bottom of this OP in his sig are some links to some other great guides as well. Very useful.
    2. Notes on camera coordinate structures. (another example)
    3. Method to search for camera aspect ratio.
    4. Examples on how to write a script for AOB scan.

These are just ones that I was able to find, understand, and found useful enough to squirrel away. I'm sure there is more I may have missed.
  • Mmm. Maybe should we maybe fork that comment off into a wannabe-Cheat-Engine-wiz thread? What do you think?