Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DeadEndKicks - Show us some good music

1234568»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Hey if you can't opine about subjective qualities on a screenshot forum, I don't know where else. An opinion about something someone brings to bear is not per definition meant as an affront. If I have to understand something to further appreciate its beauty that's just fine, but still, my gut reaction to many an album cover is primarily one of abject loathing. That probably says more about me than anything else. If all this makes me a lesser man, so be it--I've never allowed it hold me back from considering a listen. (Although in fact in this case, I wish it had. Hip hop mixtapes almost never get me going, and this one was no different.)

While on the subject of Swedish pop, I can't help but suggest this older album by The Knife. It features Karin Dreijer as a vocalist, and although her voice is not classically beautiful, it certainly brings something to the table (for me).

... so now I'm going to embrace my inner hipster and listen to everything Alvvays that I can unearth. Thanks meep.
  • edited January 2016
    Midhras said:

Hey if you can't opine about subjective qualities on a screenshot forum, I don't know where else. An opinion about something someone brings to bear is not per definition meant as an affront. If I have to understand something to further appreciate its beauty that's just fine, but still, my gut reaction to many an album cover is primarily one of abject loathing. That probably says more about me than anything else. If all this makes me a lesser man, so be it--I've never allowed it hold me back from considering a listen. (Although in fact in this case, I wish it had. Hip hop mixtapes almost never get me going, and this one was no different.)

I'll not permit myself to judge you on anything, it's not what I meant. I just wanted to say that it's necessary to primarily judge an album on its musical content rather than on its cover ^^
    Midhras said:

While on the subject of Swedish pop, I can't help but suggest this older album by The Knife. It features Karin Dreijer as a vocalist, and although her voice is not classically beautiful, it certainly brings something to the table (for me).

Thanks for the advice ;)

And once more, some of the best Suomisaundi productions

imageimage
    imageimage

What about Dark Psytrance heavily influenced by Black Metal

imageimage
  • edited June 2016
    An old fave.

Combustible Edison - The Millionaire's Holiday

And some comfort food listening: folk with a pretty voice and strange and wonderful lyrics.

Death Vessel - Mean Streak

None of these videos load for my region but I couldn't find the songs anywhere else:

Later in Life Lift

Break the Empress Crown

Snow Don't Fall
  • Temple - Shelter Song

Ultimate Painting - Ultimate Painting

B52's - 52 Girls

Blonde Redhead - In Particular

Warpaint - Love Is To Die

Fela Kuti - Zombie

Bileo - You Can Win

Jan Hammer Group - Don't You Know

GoGo Penguin - Hopopono

Peaches - I U She

That should be enough? Yes? No?
  • K_putt said:

GoGo Penguin - Hopopono

Thanks for this one, remind me some tracks from "Kirlian Selections" album by The Flashbulb ;)
  • edited January 4
    This is probably one the best new school Goa Trance release for more than 10 years. Artwork is sublime, audio mastering is surgical, tracks come straight from space. No more no less.

This album is a journey from dark to light, a journey full of twisting and evolving morphologies, a set of smaller stories that flow and interact with each other to make the bigger picture.

• edited January 4
    Wintersun is a blend of Melodic Death Metal and Symphonic Power Metal/Neoclassical Metal in its epicest form.
    Remind me a lot of fantasy productions like Skyrim and many others. Winter is coming. Again.

Insomnium is Melodic Death Metal too but deeper and moodier.
    A blend of sadness and epicness in the same time and it's so much rare, especially on the Extreme Metal stage.

• Nothing thematic, just songs I like.

Sébastien Tellier - La Ritournelle

Deetron - Count On Me

The xx - Sunset (Kim Ann Foxman Remix)

Massive Attack vs Burial - Four Walls

Flying Lotus - Never Catch Me ft. Kendrick Lamar

• edited January 5
    Rejoice and reengage. One of the best Industrial Rock bands of the world is back. Circle of Dust is back.

image image

image image