Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DeadEndKicks - Show us some good music

Comments

• edited July 2015
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • edited July 2015
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • edited July 2015
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • edited June 2015

Old City is screenshot goldmine. I was fascinated by the soundtrack all along the play. They took months to release, but finally snd made it to bandcamp (long ago though).
    Here's my favorite track "Childhood i" > https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/track/childhood-i
  • edited June 2016
    Loving this album even though it feels hipster to admit it.

• edited July 2015
    A personal selection of Dark Ambient ;)

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • edited June 2015

Old City is screenshot goldmine. I was fascinated by the soundtrack all along the play. They took months to release, but finally snd made it to bandcamp (long ago though).
    Here's my favorite track "Childhood i" > https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/track/childhood-i

Heck, funny coincidence. It's been three hours I was preparing a post with many albums including "The Old City" and look at the result I perceived that you had also posted it meantime :P
    So I've replaced it by Slender: The Arrival OST ;)
  • edited June 2015
    Have to thank you for linking all these Phelios albums. This one especially

Powerful stuff. "Hibernation" is deeply hypnotic to me. Like being in a constant state of transition.

Speaking of hypnotic. Found this lighter one was good for freecam flying + shooting, on repeat it put me in a thoughtful mood where experimental goodness happened ;)

Track was discovered on "Euphoric Emotions Vol 4"

• edited August 2015
    "Deus Irae" is one of the most impressive Dark Ambient I've ever heard, heavily influenced by Industrial Music, and "The Sleeper Awakes" has sometimes a deep, mysterious and Downtempo atmosphere reminding me the excellent "[Human]" by Hol Baumann.

imageimage
  • edited August 2015
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • edited July 2015
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • edited October 2015
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • edited October 2015
    image image
    image image

If anything, listen to Ben Frost's 'The Carpathians'. Heaphones, loud. Scary stuff. I can listen to Lucy Rose's 'Shiver' a thousand times. Mostly because it makes me think back to Mushishi's opening (2nd season). Joanna Newsom's most accomplished album is 'Ys', but her newest, 'Divers', is not bad at all itself, even it is a bit more poppy. Aphex Twin's EP is a continuation of his work on Drukqs. It's IDM programmed on acoustic instruments. It's even more awesome than it sounds. (I've only found a Spotify stream for it, if you can play that. I can't.)

Also, god DAMN some of the covers on this page are ugly. That Clarksville Nights cover takes the cake. I'd wager a lot of these were done by the band's base player's mom on her laptop.
  • edited October 2015
    Midhras said:

Also, god DAMN some of the covers on this page are ugly. That Clarksville Nights cover takes the cake. I'd wager a lot of these were done by the band's base player's mom on her laptop.

Beauty is very subjective. Maybe you didn't understood the voluntarily quirky side of this cover. Also, this thread is about music itself and not great covers of albums. And, trust me, when we are speaking about music, "clothes don't make the man".

Anyway, I'm not very "pop" but here's an album that is particularly close to my heart. Lisa Miskovsky, an artist I had discovered thanks to her participation in the album "Mirror's Edge ™ Original Videogame Score" with Solar Fields. And I must say that it changes from most of the flat and uninspired pop productions we usually hear on numerous radio stations nowadays. Crystal clear and clean voice. A refreshing "Soft-Rock / Pop-Rock" blend. Unusual and very welcome.

image image

A gem has been remastered. This kind of albums that immerses you in the world of dreams.

image image